Weapon Of Choice

Rod

Due to a fairly recent divorce I now have a much higher volume of expendable income. The effect of the increase in expendable income is several new toys added to my collection.

Ruger Super Redhawk .44 MAG

Desert Eagel .44 MAG

Ruger LCR .357 MAG

Taurus Judge 3" MAG

Taurus 1911 .45 ACP

2 S&W 9mm

S&W .40

Given what I have i think i would now choose the Ruger Super Redhawk in .44 MAG and maybe my trusty Remington 870 alternating slugs and buckshot. 870 has a Blackhak Knox tactical stock and 20" bbl.

• 9 months later...
Guest possessed

XD .45 service model in the woods carry

XD Mod2 .40 daily carry

Ruger P95 9mm for bedside

Taurus PT 140 .40 carried as backup gun and .25 sometimes carried as extra backup pocket gun

Always carrying at least one Buck folder on me.

• 1 month later...

I read topics like this and I am sad inside. I cannot own some of the things shown here in my neck of the woods. Nor can I carry in the woods in my part of Canada.

Though I always have a knife on me. grew up being taught never go anywhere with out your knife. Always felt safe with one. When in the woods I alwyas have the first 2.

Canadian "Jump Knife" D H Russel Grohmann
Leatherman sidekick
some times a small hatchet, or my Bolo Machete (20" blade)

If I could carry it would be my Mossberg 500 12 gauge, might not be the prettiest girl at the dance but it works. I'd carry my NO. 5 Enfield if I could but again that doesn't seem to be allowed here. Some day, someday I hope to see my home land back to what it was. 

Woodslore, where in Canada are you? Here in BC, I can carry virtually any long gun, other than a semi-auto with a mag. capacity larger than 5 rounds (Federal law), any time of year, as long as I have a current hunting licence. There are exceptions, as most cities, and some municipalities, have closed hunting within their boundaries, but probably 95% of the province is crown land, and therefore open to hunting.

In Nova Scotia. After deer season it gets odd. Can have this or that but only if hunting coyotes. Well that is DNRS words anyway

BFF Patron

Anyone figure out how to attach a holster to their pack?.    The military (Seals) seem to have some sort of pack or vest holster for their hand guns.   Never seen anything like that in the civilian world.    I would rather have the gun weight distributed on my pack straps than trying to de-pants me even if it means a cross draw type holster. 

Glock model 20 10mm with 15 shot magazine. Not much out there this gun won't stop.

Been looking at this recommendation from another BFF member.      Does it feed reliably?     The ammo shows a lot of stopping power and velocity. 

BFF Patron

Not what I am looking for on either account. Guess I am going to have to find a custom holster person someplace and have one made. I just cannot see the reason for having two sets of shoulder straps when my pack has nice padded shoulder straps and there is room on the pack to attach something.

I am looking to find a stock pouch. One of the ones that fit over the rifles stock but not much luck where I am. 

Guest crabshack

Not what I am looking for on either account.

What norseman posted is probably the most comfortable option, the probem with it attached to your pack is it still on your pack and not you when you take said pack off.

Just something to think about.

BFF Patron

In the field I rarely take the pack off.    And if I do it is within arms reach.    I want to get to camera and recording gear quick.        I can probably use an existing holster and just make some webbing to mount it in the pack.    Compared to other things, that is fairly simple but that requires some heavy duty sewing.    I just have to be careful that it does not get in the way of arm movement and other issues.  

blackhawk serpa holster with MOLLE attachment would be another option but you would need a pack or vest that has molle webbing

post-735-0-07944900-1433561667.jpg

Edited by norseman

Maybe it is me but I was never a huge fan of the tactical vest idea. Even in my teens and college years when people were all big into Call of duty and stuff like that. I was more a fan of fishing and safari vests for hunting/hiking/camping. Maybe I'm just an odd duck.