Sign in to follow this  
SwiftWater

The Alaska Triangle: Trvl Channel

SwiftWater

Latter half of the episode is title "Bigfoot was here". Currently airing now and set to end in an hour. Just curious if anyone plans to watch it. I have it set to DVR as the episode will run later than I plan to stay up.

Huntster
BFF Donor

Hmmmmmm.......I wonder if it's the old Alaska starvation triangle?

VAfooter

Huntster
BFF Donor

Yeah, I looked it up. It isn't the locally known starvation triangle. It's the Triangle of Missing Persons. It's really no mystery to Alaskans. It's a wilderness of remote and harsh terrain, easy to have problems in, and easy to be swallowed up in. It is incredibly easy to die up there and never be found. 

• Upvote 1

SwiftWater

Just following up to this episode. The first half of the episode goes on about the portal, then a couple of hairy man stories, and wraps up suggesting that there were mammoths still roaming Alaska. The hairy man stories were interesting and there was some hint of an "expedition" to find them but so little of that in the episode I found it pretty irrelevant.

Huntster
BFF Donor
11 hours ago, SwiftWater said:

.......The first half of the episode goes on about the portal, then a couple of hairy man stories, and wraps up suggesting that there were mammoths still roaming Alaska........

While we can be quite sure that mammoths no longer exist in Alaska (or Siberia, for that matter), there is little doubt that Alaska was their last stronghold. Mammoth tusks are still regularly found along riverbanks in the Brooks Range. They are so regularly found that one could likely take a float trip down the Colville River and pick one up.......if one wanted to end up in federal prison.........

Sign in to follow this