Eight Lakes In Eight Days A Tracker Jr. Expedition

Guest tracker

Guest COGrizzly

Good lord - THANK you gigantor.

tracker eluded to the fact that these were not his/her photos, nor the sun/daughter's - on an older post of this thread, but never came right out and said it...

Guest tracker

hey Tracker,

Awesome pics! did you take those yourself?

no, from Algonquin. I have my own but they are from other regions.

Guest tracker

I wish smile.gif

I know the route and Algonquins canoe routes have been well documented. He's a kid so he'll probably have a hundred pictures of him and his buddies goofing off and only one shot of each camp spot or lake? biggrin.gif

cheers.

Hey sorry guys but most of mine are are hard copies before digital.

Edited by tracker

Guest tracker

portage from Tip Up lake into Annie Bay

IMG_0223.JPG

Annie Bay

2799088815_610af2a101.jpg

Here's a link for those who want to look around the park smile.gif

http://www.algonquin.../maps/dt_1.html

Tomorrow he's back in the southern arm of Opeongo, Then over to the store and packing up and heading for home.

I hope everyone liked the tour and got a feel for portaging. It's alot of work but the scenery and experience is great.smile.gif

Pictures were selected from Algonquin's well documented canoe routes.

Cheers

Edited by tracker

Admin

tracker eluded to the fact that these were not his/her photos, nor the sun/daughter's - on an older post of this thread, but never came right out and said it...

I read the whole post, I guess I missed it...

I was confused because he posted descriptions like:

"Being awakened by pesky Raven alarm clocks in time to see morning fog on the lake."

and so on.

So just to be clear, these pictures are NOT being taken by Tracker or his kids, these are pics he finds around the internet and posts them on this thread, correct?

Again, I'm asking because I wanted to use some pics elsewhere, but if he doesn't "own" them, then he can't give me permission to use them anyway.

Edited by gigantor

Guest tracker

I read the whole post, I guess I missed it...

I was confused because he posted descriptions like:

"Being awakened by pesky Raven alarm clocks in time to see morning fog on the lake."

and so on.

So just to be clear, these pictures are NOT being taken by Tracker or his kids, these are pics he finds around the internet and posts them on this thread, correct?

Again, I'm asking because I wanted to use some pics elsewhere, but if he doesn't "own" them, then he can't give me permission to use them anyway. Which begs the question: does he have permission to use them without crediting the source and does that violate the forum rules? hummmm....

No, this was explained already. So maybe try reading before making a smear announcement. And i never got a PM asking for permission before you tried to poach them. So concern yourself with your own rule breaking before worrying about others.

Admin

Tracker, when you said:

Day three and now up the creeks and rivers with paddles and over to Lake Lavielle

wakey wakie eggs and backey,

darn squawking ravens @ 4 am

raven2.jpg

I took it to mean that a "darn squacking" raven had woken you at 4am. Further, you made it seem like you took the crow pic. What other meaning could this have?

But again, the pic points to some other website.

Don't get upset if I call you out when you embellish stories. You got caught, so take it and move on.

Edited by gigantor

Guest tracker

Eluded ? I cleared that up already in another post. I spent hours researching for those exact pics from those exact areas from literally thousands of Algonquins pics. And how can i be on the trip in the middle of the wilderness and be posting new pictures everyday.

Good lord.

Guest tracker

Tracker, when you said:

I took it to mean that a "darn squacking" raven had woken you at 4am. What other meaning could this have?

Don't get upset if I call you out when you embellish stories. You got caught, so take it and move on.

No that's happens every single time with those darn Ravens when you go into that park. They even named the news letter after them. So it's not embellishment. It's describing what they are experiencing as they go for those that's never had a chance to do it. I even matched the pictures with the weather in case you didn't notice. The whole point of the thread is sharing the experience with others that may never get the chance.

So are you trying to ruin a nice thread with nit picking? What's your motive since I am not claiming anything is Sasq related?

Admin

Ok Tracker, you're right. Sorry, please continue.

Guest toejam

What is that? My initial impression was a squirrel or maybe a young raccoon but the ears are throwing me off.

Think I got the photo figured out since I filmed what I believe to be the same creature in Algonquin this past weekend.

Pine Marten! Woohoo! What do I win? :D

Guest tracker

Think I got the photo figured out since I filmed what I believe to be the same creature in Algonquin this past weekend.

Pine Marten! Woohoo! What do I win? :D

Sorry no cigar Tj smile.gif

Guest tracker

Okay here's the answer to the cute critter in the tree since you guys were having trouble? biggrin.gif

ff-132.gif

Features: The Grey Fox (Urocyon cinereoargenteus) is about the size of a small dog and is grey, with a reddish chest and sides of the belly, and white underparts. Smaller than the Red Fox, it is also distinguished by its black-tipped tail, whereas the Red Fox has a white-tipped tail. In Ontario, the Grey Fox prefers deciduous forests, especially swampy areas. It climbs well, almost like a cat, and feeds on a variety of small mammals, birds and insects. In the spring of 1999, a den with new-born Grey Fox kits was discovered on Pelee Island. This is the first documented birth of Grey Foxes in Ontario.

Range: The Gray Fox lives across much of the United States, where it is relatively common. In Ontario, there is one resident, breeding population on Pelee Island. There have been occasional sightings and reports of Grey Foxes at other places in Ontario, usually close to access points from the United States (e.g., Windsor). Range Maps

Threats: Little is known about historic population trends of the Grey Fox in Ontario. Collections of skulls by archaeologists suggest that the species was once more widespread and perhaps more common in Ontario. The history of the fox in southern Ontario is likely one of periodic occupation, as individuals invaded from the United States and established small populations, and then disappeared as climate and catastrophic events occurred. The most recent invasion was about 20 years ago, and since then Grey Fox abundance has increased on Pelee Island.

Protection: The Grey Fox is a threatened species, and is protected under Ontario's Endangered Species Act, 2007. Grey Fox also have a closed season under the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act, and cannot be hunted or trapped anywhere in the Province.

Text Sources: Judge and Haviernick 2002; Steers 1979

Last Modified Date: October 2008

Guest tracker

Tracker,

How are things going with your son & his friends now? We haven't heard anything in a few days.

Sorry, was waiting for some pictures from his outward bound club. privacy issue perhaps?