Expedition recommendation?

gunner1977

On 3/4/2020 at 7:59 PM, cmknight said:

I hear ya!! About a month or two after that expedition, I picked up a Scout TK, with both picture and video capabilities. The only thing I don't like about it is the built-in battery. It takes forever to charge, and if you don't use the unit, the battery self-drains.

There really isn't any way to get around the self-draining issue or the charge time, but remember that you can charge the Scout TK while it is in use.  I carry a portable charger in my chest rig along with a long charging cable.  If I am going to be using the Scout for any period of time I charge it as I use it. 

• Like 1

Thanks NCBFr.  I sent Nathan a PM and am awaiting his reply.  He's in a bonafide good area so I would have a high degree of confidence he has the goods !

12 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

There really isn't any way to get around the self-draining issue or the charge time, but remember that you can charge the Scout TK while it is in use.  I carry a portable charger in my chest rig along with a long charging cable.  If I am going to be using the Scout for any period of time I charge it as I use it. 

Which charger do you use, and how long is it good for before having to recharge it?

14 minutes ago, cmknight said:

Which charger do you use, and how long is it good for before having to recharge it?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06XZ6KSG3?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

I carry it in a mag pouch MOLLED to the front of my chest rig.  

As far as how long it lasts...I don't know the limit on it.  I haven't run it completely out on a single trip yet.  I charge the FLIR with it as needed as well as keeping our action cam spare batteries charged as we use them.  It's 32000 mAh, so it has some legs on it.  It has a bit of weight but it is well worth it.  I actually bought a second one.  Keep an eye on their Amazon listing.  They run some 40% off sales fairly frequently.

• Thanks 1

BFF Patron
13 hours ago, langfordbc said:

Which film are you speaking of? I hadn't heard that before and am just wondering.

I'd like to say that part of "Discovering Bigfoot" was beyond ridiculous and I don't know how anybody could believe it's actually real - but that might imply the rest of it was any better...

It was a B grade movie I was scanning channels and got into it midway watching on cable one afternoon, unknown creature flick resembling Sasquatch plot, flares used and same gist, I was amazed at the parallels.  As Standing had a videography background and his sister was a make-up artist it would have been something he more than likely had come across and adopted for the scene.  Wished I could remember the name of the flick, should have written it down.