What Do You Think Bigfoot Is?

Guest HairyGreek

Bigfoot: More man or more ape?  

122 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What about 100% human?

A subhuman protohominid? Rhetoric, not science. Name calling, in fact.

I am always a bit surprised that someone would ascribe this creature's abilities to an ape, unless they also hold that humans are a type of ape. I think of apes as animals, perhaps wrongly. I do not believe an animal could escape the notice of science in this era. DO NOT BELIEVE!

My personal thinking is that these are a human tribe that somehow isolated a rare recessive gene and then bred for it. This might have happened accidentally. The small group could have been isolated for several generations. There might have been a cultural component, like a king deflowering the serfs. Clydesdales are descended from ponies. All dogs share ancestry. Nikolai Valuev does exist.

Fun to speculate about. There are many defensible positions.

Interesting theory.

I'm still amazed at how many people think humans aren't apes...

It's stunning how rampant this is in Bigfootery.

Hominidae.PNG

I really want to know where the forum stands on this! Speak up and be heard; but be polite with others. Play nice now...

HG

Well speaking for the forum as opposed to the membership the BFF Rules & Guidelines makes this extremely clear regarding the forum's standpoint...

>The BFF is an independent forum dedicated to the discussion of the Bigfoot phenomenon. While the Forum is independent, it is owned and operated by the Centre for Fortean Zoology which is not a Bigfoot research organization and has no official ties to any Bigfoot organization.

>The CFZ (including the BFF) has no official stance on any single aspect of the Bigfoot debate. The CFZ does not 'believe' that Bigfoot exists, or 'believe' that it does not exist, but that the evidence makes it worthy of discussion and further investigation. The members and Moderators may take a different view. That is entirely up to the individuals concerned. That being said, and while it is very difficult to pin any one opinion on a site with members as diverse as ours, there are some generalizations that can be made regarding the feeling of the board (assuming Bigfoot exists):

> Bigfoot are probably flesh and blood animals, albeit very intelligent and stealthy ones. Bigfoot are unlikely to be inter-dimensional, of another world, shape shifting, can disappear, or have any other abilities that may be considered paranormal. If you feel they are any of these things, you're still very welcome to participate, but don't expect to find many in your camp.

> Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. On the BFF we accept very little at face value. We may have a tendency to over-analyze claims and be more skeptical than some other forums dedicated to this topic, but we think that is preferable to the alternative.

I'm not sure what you are looking for but that is the forum's stance.

If you are asking about the membership's views then I can't speak for them but I can speak on behalf of the forum.

When classified, my experience with the Hairy man makes me strongly believe that they will be classified under the genus- Homo. I've thought about this a lot, and I do mean A LOT... I do hope that when they are "discovered" the use of the indigenous name is somehow included, e.g. Homo Sasquatchis (USA/Canada), Homo Dulargaris (Australia), Homo Almis (Russia), Homo Yeti (or would that be Yetis? :lol: )... etc.

Just my opinion of course.

I'm still amazed at how many people think humans aren't apes...

Totally agree, and just animals to boot. Sure, we're smart ones (well some of us) but we're still animals.

Cheers,

Kraig

Guest para ape

I believe that bigfoot is a paranormal entity,more specifically a demonic manifestation.My views are based on eyewitness accounts,native american beliefs,and all the high strangeness that's associated with the creature.

• Upvote 1

If it exists, it's a rare, strictly flesh and blood, highly secretive, fairly intelligent ape or of homo lineage.

If it exists, it's a rare, strictly flesh and blood, highly secretive, fairly intelligent ape or of homo lineage.

I would say that I couldn't have said it better, but I suppose I could have added in a few more adjectives and adverbs. Other than that, I would have given the same answer!

Guest Batski

I just finished watching the "Amazing Bigfoot Video" there's no question about it Bigfoot is a Lemurian!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

Guest Knuck

I am of the opinion that the species Sasquatch, is a sub-species of human. Maybe a parallel species. -Knuck

B) The Russians refer to him as a subhuman protohominid. My personal take, especially in light of the suggested 100% human mtDNA, is that he is a hybridized subspecies of Homo. So I would diverge from the Russian terminology by suggesting he is a subhuman protohominin.

- Dudlow

It is possible for them to have human mtDNA but have 100% nuclear DNA from their own species as long as they are able to breed with humans. Silver Fox alluded to this idea. I believe that I read somewhere that mtDNA is interchangeable among mammals because the proteins that are encoded are the same across species.

It is possible for them to have human mtDNA but have 100% nuclear DNA from their own species as long as they are able to breed with humans. Silver Fox alluded to this idea. I believe that I read somewhere that mtDNA is interchangeable among mammals because the proteins that are encoded are the same across species.

I'm assuming your use of "human" is in reference to homo. sapiens. If that's the case, your that statement would practically be an impossibility.

I'm assuming your use of "human" is in reference to homo. sapiens. If that's the case, your that statement would practically be an impossibility.

Why would it be impossible?