Neanderthal thread

norseman

9 hours ago, norseman said:

This first article is for Catcally. Autism and it’s host of similar conditions do seem to come from Neanderthals.

https://spaceandai.com/project/could-aspergers-really-be-a-legacy-of-the-neanderthals/

I've read that but it's hard to say what autism specifically is these days because they broadened the definition so that insurance would cover therapies for more disorders. The modern day Homo Sapien mitochondrial DNA is where most of the genes are located that we inherited from the Neanderthal. Many of them affect neurocognitive development. They have found a genetic connection with autism, schizophrenia, and eating disorders that are also found in the Neanderthal DNA but they aren't certain whether these were expressed in the Neanderthal in exactly the same way. I can't imagine a race/species having severe autism,schzophrenia, or eating disorders being able to survive long enough to meet Homo Sapiens. I'm guessing that whatever the Neanderthals had was a very mild version of each of these disorders; shyness/introversion, maybe a little paranoid, their metabolism may have adapted to accommodate long periods of fasting for them. 

Edited by CallyCat

15 minutes ago, CallyCat said:

I'm guessing, strictly a guess, that the bun shaped elongated skull of the Neanderthal had difficulty coming through the homo sapien birth canal so those infants didn't survive.  A neanderthal woman probably had a pelvis big enough to accommodate the infant's head of a hybrid but the Y chromosome would be from the human father.......... 

Pretty good guess, IMO. Maybe native American women stolen buy sasquatches all died in childbirth, if not sooner from exposure or sheer terror. But if homo sapien men were to mate with sasquatches (like in the Zana story), the births are more possible. Even then, Zana supposedly killed the first few babies she had by exposing them to the elements haphazardly, and her babies only started surviving after they were taken from her.

Well I had mentioned that the Ashkenazi Jewish community as having the highest percentage of Neanderthal genes and they originally came from the area where Neanderthals lived. I wonder if, just like Covid, some diseases affected Neanderthals more than Homo Sapiens and vice versa. It could have been the beginnings of the Jewish traditions for Kosher laws and only recognizing children born of Jewish mothers as Jewish. 

I don't think Zana was a Neanderthal or a Sasquatch, probably just an ancient African American lineage that got stuck in Russia through traveling or through the slave trade, which had been going on for thousands of years. Her behavior reminds me of a child that lost their parents at an extremely young age and was deprived of social contact. 

Excuse me, not African American, habit. She couldn't have been too different looking because her offspring look like your typical biracial children. 

Edited by CallyCat

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

Do you know how they differ?

Alas, I do not. Some things I leave to science. Even if I could find the answer the terms and symbols referencing the pairs would probably be beyond my ken.

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

He's mounted on his fastest horse..........

HAH! Got that right :)

5 hours ago, norseman said:

No Y chromosome of the Neanderthal species remains.....and yet we interbred with them. Why?

Going to go out on a limb here. First of all, I cannot answer your "Why" question. I am assuming, though, that the reason we know there are no Neanderthal Y chromosomes is that only Neanderthal mtDNA (maternal side) is found in the population. No one apparently has found any Neanderthal paternal indicators and in the nuDNA (maternal and paternal).have found only maternal Neanderthal and paternal Human. The only other answer, unlikely of course, is that Neanderthal males didn't intermingle with Human females. But that sets up a scenario where Homo Sapiens won battles, killed off the Neanderthal males and took the females. If Neanderthals won and did the same then the male offspring would be sterile. The reason I'm saying this is because if something happened where Neanderthal females were no longer available then it would soon signal the end for all full-blooded Neanderthal males. Only Human male/Neanderthal female hybrid generations would continue along with the Human male/Human female ones.

For CallyCat: These are the same genes that were developed in the genus Homo after the Homo/Chimpanzee spit 4-6 million years ago: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0092867418303830

"Furthermore, NOTCH2NL genes provide the breakpoints in 1q21.1 distal deletion/duplication syndrome, where duplications are associated with macrocephaly and autism and deletions with microcephaly and schizophrenia. Thus, the emergence of human-specific NOTCH2NL genes may have contributed to the rapid evolution of the larger human neocortex, accompanied by loss of genomic stability at the 1q21.1 locus and resulting recurrent neurodevelopmental disorders."

Edited by hiflier

2 hours ago, Huntster said:

Do you know how they differ?

That's what sasquatch/almas deniers say, but Sykes said that the African markers were not any currently known, which leads to yet more questions. For example, if they are currently unknown, how does he know they are African?

I guess I'm just going to have to buy his book, but my strong suspicion is that I'll be left hanging after finishing the last page.

It sure would have been good had he actually said Homo sapien, but he didn't.......at least he isn't quoted as saying it. And even if he had, Zana's description sure doesn't match that of any sub-Saharan African women I've ever heard of........but it sure matches the Patterson film subject. To a T..........

He's mounted on his fastest horse..........

This is just my opinion? But Her son Qwit or whatever his name was? I cannot imagine him being born from something that looks like Patty. I saw his picture once on a documentary. 

Indian legends speak of women who were kidnapped by Bigfoot always having a miscarriage. This makes more sense to me. Based on the morphology of what we see in the PGF.

But I admit that I’m not totally up to speed on the Zana story. Sykes seems to be more agreeable than Disotell, but I could be wrong about this as well.

2 hours ago, CallyCat said:

I'm guessing, strictly a guess, that the bun shaped elongated skull of the Neanderthal had difficulty coming through the homo sapien birth canal so those infants didn't survive.  A neanderthal woman probably had a pelvis big enough to accommodate the infant's head of a hybrid but the Y chromosome would be from the human father.

Not African Americans, unless new research has come out that I'm not up to date on. Everyone else has a percentage but it varies. 

Yes, but I have a pronounced occipital bun. 

410B80BB-BBFE-4A1D-95C3-4E5F45D412BF.jpeg

Edited by norseman

11 minutes ago, norseman said:

........Her son Qwit or whatever his name was? I cannot imagine him being born from something that looks like Patty. I saw his picture once on a documentary...........

Khwit and his sister (half sister?) Khozhanar.

0BAF95BC-835E-4ABA-A3D4-DFF9FF0FE56C.jpeg

C42F9D15-46FD-4CA0-BFD6-0AD735554E45.jpeg

Khwit's skull compared to another man's skull.

D19AA5E7-EC73-4C43-A8F9-FA23267C8872.jpeg

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Huntster said:

12:38

Pretty interesting. A super population of unknown archaic humans that are separated by modern humans by 2 million years? That interbred with Denisovans? Homo Erectus? 

• gigantor featured this topic
BFF Patron

If human prehistory is like human early written history,  most sex between different factions was likely not voluntary.     That probably enabled  genetic diversity and made mankind more robust as a species.   Probably a good thing humans are sexually not as coy as giant pandas or we would be in the same trouble they are facing extinction.   

• Thanks 1

On 4/13/2020 at 11:11 PM, Huntster said:

Khwit and his sister (half sister?) Khozhanar.

0BAF95BC-835E-4ABA-A3D4-DFF9FF0FE56C.jpeg

C42F9D15-46FD-4CA0-BFD6-0AD735554E45.jpeg

Khwit's skull compared to another man's skull.

D19AA5E7-EC73-4C43-A8F9-FA23267C8872.jpeg

That is a big head!!! I wish they had a pic of it from the side, it looks like the brow ridge is more prominent but you would see that in modern day Africans too.  I wonder if the skull was thicker than the other man's skull, that's another thing that is typical of modern day Africans. I'm not opposed to going along with Syke's determination that is was some ancient African lineage. That's just as remarkable as it being Neanderthal or Sasquatch, but I don't think Kwit or his sister look like Sasquatches without the hair. The skull on a Sasquatch is pointy and Kwit's slopes back more so than the skull next to it. 

• gigantor unfeatured this topic