Jump to content
Skinwalker13

WV sighting report/investigation

Recommended Posts

gigantor
1 hour ago, Skinwalker13 said:

I'll post more pictures tomorrow as I've reached a post/response limit for today 😆

 

I took care of that for you.

 

Good job Skinwalker13!

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skinwalker13

Thanks you my friend! 

Here are pictures with evidence of what looks like a metatarsal break

0415201842.jpg

0415201843.jpg

This is the sapling mentioned with 2 breaks, the one furthest away was twisted.

0415201407b.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skinwalker13

Here are the images of the uncleaned casts

0415201533a.jpg

0415201533.jpg

The cast with the missing toes is due to a 1.5 diamater root that thebtoes were resting on.

I'm going to shrink some of the other high res images down later and will upload them omce its finished.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShadowBorn

@Skinwalker13

Have they found more of it's right footprint? I am asking this since that right foot looks injured. Seems like a creature that can be tracked. Was there a measurement done on it's stride? It seems like you had a very close encounter and yes it was giving you a warning to get out there. Chances are it might have been hunting in that area and you happen to Scare it's game. Did you feel anything after you heard this groan ? Besides fear. I ask the questions since I just want to know more about. I want to have a better idea about my own encounters and their behaviors.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skinwalker13
12 minutes ago, ShadowBorn said:

@Skinwalker13

Have they found more of it's right footprint? I am asking this since that right foot looks injured. Seems like a creature that can be tracked. Was there a measurement done on it's stride? It seems like you had a very close encounter and yes it was giving you a warning to get out there. Chances are it might have been hunting in that area and you happen to Scare it's game. Did you feel anything after you heard this groan ? Besides fear. I ask the questions since I just want to know more about. I want to have a better idea about my own encounters and their behaviors.  

In the comments under the pictures I mentioned the toes of the right foot were resting on a 1.5inch diamiter root, which is the reason for the sharp angle in the cast. Other partial impressions of the right foot were found on site, and there were no signs of any anatomical deformity. Unfortunately i was in able to cast those tracks as they were very shallow and i didnt anticipate finding that many tracks so I only had a single small bag of plaster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShadowBorn

@Skinwalker13

Other than that, they are some great finds. To bad that you could not have been able to get good detail on those prints , like dermal ridges. Just stay safe.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BlackRockBigfoot
Posted (edited)

@Skinwalker13

 

Extremely well written and informative post!  Those casts are very well done.

 

Thank you for sharing this with us.  

 

Does this particular area have a history of sightings?

 

Eagerly awaiting more pictures and updates!

Edited by BlackRockBigfoot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NatFoot

Awesome. What area of WV was this encounter. No need to share details.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skinwalker13
1 hour ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

@Skinwalker13

 

 

Does this particular area have a history of sightingS?

It does!! 

And it was actually about 10 liner miles from where I had my sighting in 2001. to set back and think that maybe,  just maybe, that I my have cast one of the Sasquatch that I saw.... Its borderline emotional lol. 

3 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

Awesome. What area of WV was this encounter. No need to share details.

In Kanawha County, near Boone County

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BC witness

Thank you, Skinwalker13, excellent report and follow up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skinwalker13

Thank you BC!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BlackRockBigfoot
6 minutes ago, Skinwalker13 said:

It does!! 

And it was actually about 10 liner miles from where I had my sighting in 2001. to set back and think that maybe,  just maybe, that I my have cast one of the Sasquatch that I saw.... Its borderline emotional lol. 

In Kanawha County, near Boone County

I bet that it is emotional!

 

What did you use for casting?  I am looking for something new due to the wet conditions around here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NatFoot
15 minutes ago, Skinwalker13 said:

It does!! 

And it was actually about 10 liner miles from where I had my sighting in 2001. to set back and think that maybe,  just maybe, that I my have cast one of the Sasquatch that I saw.... Its borderline emotional lol. 

In Kanawha County, near Boone County

 

Thanks! My family is all in Kanawha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skinwalker13
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

What did you use for casting?  I am looking for something new due to the wet conditions around here.

 

I really like to use hydro-cal when i have it but im a Indy toy maker so I had used my stash on casting some statues and only had plaster of paris. I just had to wait longer for the cast to set than normal. Shoot Cliff Barakman an email, I heard him talking about mixing salt, I think it was, into plaster to aid in drying in wet conditions. The two deepest impressions I was unable to cast becuase they were partially filled with water, so i understand the circumstances your fighting 100%.

 

**** i just found a recipie for it from a naturalist friend of mine. 1tsp of salt flr every 4 cups of plaster. It'll accelerate overall set up time. But helps things set up in wet conditions, but not waterlogged conditions.

Edited by Skinwalker13
Found info
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...