UTV setups?

PNWexplorer

I bought a new Honda P500 UTV a couple of years ago for exploring the mountains and have done a fair bit customization for it's use and was wondering what other folks use UTVs for expeditions and investigations.

I chose the P500 because it is one of the few 50" wide UTVs, and here in the PNW, most roads to get into the remote areas are gated off with the exception of enough room for an ATV 50" or less to get through.  All of the USFS trails are created for vehicles 50" wide or less.  I previously had an old Jeep Wrangler that was lifted and outfitted, buy I discovered that I was extremely limited to traveling on main dirt roads and a few logging roads.  It was definitely more comfortable and warm, but now I have a lot more places I can go. 

J9Vw3ARbQLK_KDm11gOanQ.jpg

MZ-UFwyuQiq0eHuApJqAbg.jpg

M481zA8kQ62XSpfpNTNPMg.jpg

Edited by PNWexplorer
  • Upvote 1

That looks like a nice setup. Kudos. 

I would enjoy that as it allows for access to more locations. My transportation is my legs with a fully-loaded backpack aboard. I like your approach better!

Nice. I didn't know about the 50" deal. I run an Argo and yes, it doesn't fit sone access choke points created by government. I forget its width. 

It's hard to beat a Hobda. They cist mire up front, but they're the most dependable rigs available.

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic