For believers; do family/friends believe/support you?

PNWexplorer

New road built down by the family cabin.  I found the naming of it entertaining...

IMG_20200706_113022889.jpg

• Upvote 1

I live in Oregon. Most people have at least heard of someone who believes/knows. I get comments on the sticker on my car. I have a few believers work who enjoy my adventures, and more on Facebook. People used to tease me about it, but not anymore. Some have even become convinced.

• 1 month later...
On 7/2/2020 at 11:47 AM, hiflier said:

My pooch will be 13 in August- if he makes it. Melanoma and wasn't supposed to survive past last February. You'd never know it being around him. I'm amazed. still runs the beach and swims occasionally. Going camping this Sunday for ten days which he's done every year of his life. Have another trip planned in August. He may make both trips the way he's going right now. This photo is from about 6ix years ago:

1989828685_TheNap.thumb.jpg.a6e6c629a45645dfbf6076b2315c94c4.jpg

He made both trips AND to his 13th birthday on August 28th!

We have just returned home from the vet after finally saying good-bye to our lovely friend. He will be greatly missed. Have another trip in two weeks for yet another two-week stay. It just won't be the same without him, but we are taking his ashes with us to leave there. It was his favorite haunt for his entire life and we have always said we would make sure it would be his place of rest. We miss him already

Edited by hiflier
  • Sad 6

8 minutes ago, hiflier said:

We have just returned home from the vet after finally saying good-bye to our lovely friend. He will be greatly missed. Have another trip in two weeks for yet another two-week stay. It just won't be the same without him, but we are taking his ashes with us to leave there. It was his favorite haunt for his entire life and we have always said we would make sure it would be his place of rest. We miss him already

@hiflier

I am truly sorry to hear about your boy.  My sincerest condolences.  

Sounds like he had a long and happy life.  

• Thanks 1

@hiflier -  So sorry to hear about your pooch. A devoted, loyal, and trusted member of the family. What a sweet-looking pooch he was. He'll always be with you if you keep his memories alive. Keep the faith.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. My dog Hunter is about 12 years old. He's extra lumpy and missing several teeth. Some days he can barely stand up, but he's still doing pretty well. I try to remember now every day to let him know how much he is loved. I'm afraid when the end comes, it will come quickly.

746677268_HunterSep2020.thumb.jpg.515081f16632e16c061a9d0d51ae53c9.jpg

• Thanks 1

So sorry for your loss, hiflier.   The biggest thing that comforted me was knowing that my best friend was loved, spoiled, and well taken care of.  I truly appreciated and loved my best buddy and having several friends and family remind me of how well I took care of him was immensely comforting.

• Thanks 1

And that's what we do. Love and take care of them like any member of the family. We are their pack. How they always seem to wheedle their way into being pack leader though is something I'll never understand;) although from what I hear it happens more often than not. I hear you Redbone- he looks like a fine boy, lumps bumps and all. My pooch had them too. But man, did he ever make me laugh at times. But hey, he probably laughed at me too! :) And you're right, the end sometimes comes quickly

Edited by hiflier
  • Like 1

Admin
3 hours ago, hiflier said:

We have just returned home from the vet after finally saying good-bye to our lovely friend

Sorry hiflier.

Time for a puppy!

• Thanks 1

@hiflier And @PNWexplorer

Very sorry to hear about your best friends. They are not easy to deal with when they are gone. I have lost many dogs that were very special to me. But non were special as my Pitbull Jacob who would never be submissive to me. Yet, he was always there when i needed him in the woods. I felt safe around him. I was never lost in the woods when him and I were out together in the woods. He would always lead the way. He passed away I would say about six years ago..

If only he could talk he be able to support what we encountered in Northern Michigan. My wife and my kids back me up what I have encountered. But my parents and my friends do not. Only one friend supports what i have encountered. but he will not speak up on what he has encountered while hunting with me on his own.  I feel like I am a joke to others when i start to mention Bigfoot. The people i know in business I would never mention a word of what i encountered. It would not be good at all. So I keep tight lip as far as the out side world goes or out side of this forum.

• Thanks 1