Sasquatch Head Hair

Scratchy

There is a well known fact that all sasquatches are covered with a (relatively) thick coat of hair compared to humans, but what is their head hair like?

Is it like the other great apes? A short covering of hair that just surrounds the head and basically melts together with the rest of the body hair?

Or is it like human hair? Able to grow to comparatively long lengths (varying on genetics of course). 

If it is like human hair, and given the seeming lack of sophisticated material culture in Sasquatch society, how do they manage to survive with long hair that can grow to obstruct their vision? Or become tangled in overgrowth?

Are there any reports mentioning head hair?

I eagerly await what any of you fellows have to say on the matter.

As a general rule? Animals  have a propensity toward hair growth restrictions. Horse's mane/tail, lion's mane, Bears compared to say monkeys/primates. It would seem that Humans are the only species who have to deal with hair length issues. For the most part, Sasquatch has been seen with longish hair on their head, enough to cover their ears and blend in at the shoulders, but it would seem that beyond individual characteristics, evolution has given the Bigfoot the same type of genetic hair control as other mammals excluding Humans. Bottom line? None would probably ever become a "Cousin It".

Welcome to the BFF :) 

Edited by hiflier

Well, there you go, DWb, but her ears, nonetheless, were covered, right? So unless she has a standing appointment at the Bluff Creek Hair Salon, I would say she pretty much doesn't need a bob every now and then. My question to you then, since you've asked a good one, is: Does not having to cut her hair make her animal or Human?

Edited by hiflier

12 minutes ago, DaleyWoodbeater said:

Animal, and suggestive that squatches don't generally have long hair on their heads.

Cute name. Nice pic.

Interesting.

I have heard descriptions specifically of the Almas with shoulder length hair that falls back. I will need to find a citation.

perhaps like humans it is just very variable by region, or perhaps genetics between these animals are also very diverse, much like humans? There are some humans that can barely grow a few inches of hair because the life of each follicle is only about 45 days, on the other end are those people that have follicle lifespans of decades or more. As far as I know people on those ends of the spectrum are quite rare. Most of humanity have head hair follicle lifespans of 2-7 years, producing hair that can protrude past the ears or atleast below the shoulders.

Perhaps it is this way in Sasquatches to varying degrees?

Thanks for the welcome by the way, I have not been very active. :)

• Thanks 1

Interestingly, this is an excellent question, because reports include both uniform, short hair/fur on the head as well as a mane on the head and back as well as on the forearms. This is very humanlike, since body hair varies widely among homo sapiens.

14 hours ago, NatFoot said:

Cute name. Nice pic.

Kinda' fits with the profile pic, too. Very witty.

Edited by Huntster