New discovery puts humans in America 30,000 BC

norseman

Yes, it keeps getting pushed back further and further.  I do have an issue with the claim that humans have "always" been here. Not sure what the narrator means by that. So, there were no out of Africa migrations, that humans evolved independently on different continents, more or less on parallel courses, but all arriving at a H. sapien destination?  That seems pretty absurd. But, how far back does human occupation of N.America go? We probably haven't reached the time boundary yet, I'm willing to believe.    

22 hours ago, WSA said:

Yes, it keeps getting pushed back further and further.  I do have an issue with the claim that humans have "always" been here. Not sure what the narrator means by that. So, there were no out of Africa migrations, that humans evolved independently on different continents, more or less on parallel courses, but all arriving at a H. sapien destination?  That seems pretty absurd. But, how far back does human occupation of N.America go? We probably haven't reached the time boundary yet, I'm willing to believe.    

Possibly the biggest argument in paloarchaeloogy. Keep in mind that the out of Africa theory is only backed by academics because that's all they want to determine based on the fossil record. But that has been made more difficult over the years with a lot of splintering of homo origins across multiple archaic strains. 

Academics is still not close to agreeing on resetting their out of Africa theory. My opinion on the reason why is because the diffusion theorists have been bashed into submission by the out of Africa people. Years and years of blackballing anyone who dared cross the out of Africa theory ensured anyone who did so would never get a job or get a paper published.

Little by little it becomes apparent that the out of Africa theorists have been wrong all along. We're just missing definitive fossil evidence that proves it to the satisfaction of the academics who cling to that theory to save face.

• Upvote 1

DNA testing shows that the origin of the human race is Africa. It's a question of when. There have been stop-offs in between, or along the way, but the origin is Africa. This article says the age of the folks in the cave was around 30,000 years ago and they don't speculate that these folks came directly from Africa, but perhaps the ancestors of the Polynesians. Even at that, way back, the ancestors of those folks was Africa.

We get into semantic games.    Definitely if you go far enough back, the ancestors were from Africa, but depending on which expert  you listen to .. and they all have degrees enough to back their claims .. those ancestors were or were not "human" yet , so it might also be equally right to say HUMANS developed in many places.    One of the things that seems to keep coming up which is inconvenient for people who like nice neat packages for easy consumption is that we seem to have more people crossing oceans they "shouldn't be able to cross" than expected.   If you are good at filtering fact from interpretation, I do highly recommend reading Lloyd Pye and Zacheria Sitchin.   The facts of seemingly shared archeology across groups that "couldn't" have communicated is indeed interesting.    You can decide for yourself among 3 choices ... 1) ancient aliens, 2) ancient humans were more mobile than we think, and 3) parallel development.    (I suppose a 4th argument would be that the stuff is not as similar as claimed.)

I'm not claiming anything specific, just saying the story we believe about how humans arrived where we are now seemingly can't be accurate, it requires deliberate, careful omission of inconvenient data that is just as solid as the stuff we choose to keep.  

"hmmmmm ...."

MIB

• Upvote 3

On 7/24/2020 at 4:42 PM, MIB said:

........One of the things that seems to keep coming up which is inconvenient for people who like nice neat packages for easy consumption is that we seem to have more people crossing oceans they "shouldn't be able to cross" than expected..........

Even with the Bering Straits underwater, people and polar bears walk across on ice regularly, not to mention aboriginal Alaskans and Siberians crossing regularly in skin boats to trade. Following coasts from Portugal to Chile in a kayak requires an intercontinental passage of just 50 miles across the strait, not counting a rest on the Diomede Islands midway. That's shorter than the passage between New Guinea and Australia or between Key West and Cuba. Magellan most definitely went the long way. Even today's aircraft fly from the American west coast to east Asia along the North Pacific/Gulf of Alaska coastline rather than straight across the Pacific because it's shorter. Academics are simply wedded to their climate change/land bridge religion. 

That's okay by me. I can respect their religious beliefs even if I don't worship them.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

I have a feeling we will be long gone as a species before we ever really know our origins and how it all started for us.

• Like 1