Does hoaxing bother you?

Moonface

On 7/28/2020 at 3:54 PM, SWWASAS said:

Hoaxers make field work more difficult.    When you have to sort of what might have been done by humans and what was done by something else.     I consider call blasting, making vocal calls, and making wood knocks nearly in the same category as hoaxing.      It forces field researchers to have to figure out if humans are in the area making those sounds.    Even worse than that,    I have seen little evidence that it increases the chance of having visual contact with BF.    Evidence seems to show that it just scares BF away once they determine that the sounds were made by humans.       Another factor related to that is what those who have had extended contact with groups of BF tell me.     BF do not like humans to be deceitful or tricksters.  They seem to have no sense of humor about that sort of thing.    I guess it is a matter of trust.    They need some level of trust with a human to want to have contact.     Trying to lure BF in with vocalizations and knocking would create an atmosphere of distrust.  

Interesting perspective.  I hadn't thought of it from that perspective, but it makes sense.

7 hours ago, PNWexplorer said:

Interesting perspective.  I hadn't thought of it from that perspective, but it makes sense.

Any time I've heard wood knocks or taps that didn't seem suspicious, it seemed key word seemed to be a warning that I was in the area. IF they wood knock it doesn't seem to be to communicate with us, more like among themselves.

Also the part you mention about wondering the knocks/vocals are other people; I call that the "Finding Bigfoot dueling banjos" effect.

Edited by vinchyfoot

On 7/28/2020 at 6:54 PM, SWWASAS said:

Evidence seems to show that it just scares BF away once they determine that the sounds were made by humans.   Another factor related to that is what those who have had extended contact with groups of BF tell me.   BF do not like humans to be deceitful or tricksters.  They seem to have no sense of humor about that sort of thing.   I guess it is a matter of trust.    They need some level of trust with a human to want to have contact.     Trying to lure BF in with vocalizations and knocking would create an atmosphere of distrust.  

How would they determine it was a human that made the sound? I assume they would need to physically investigate the area from which the wood knock in question came from. That brings them closer to me which is the result I seek.

Personally, I'm not looking to spend the time, or energy, to develop a relationship with a sasquatch where it feels secure with me around. There are too many variables involved for that to occur. Maybe it would take them five times with me nearby before they are comfortable that I mean them no harm (I would never hurt one).  Let's say they see me three times, are beginning to warm up, then decide to leave the area for new hunting grounds or seasonal migration.  Back to square one for me and them.

My objective is simply to see one in daylight hours or get a clear video on thermal. If I can do a wood knock that brings it in close enough to do that, then I'm ok with it.

Bigfoot is an INDUSTRY...(regardless if real or made up), don't lose fact of that. 

Maybe hoaxers have kept the "dream" alive...

BFF Patron
6 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

How would they determine it was a human that made the sound? I assume they would need to physically investigate the area from which the wood knock in question came from. That brings them closer to me which is the result I seek.

Personally, I'm not looking to spend the time, or energy, to develop a relationship with a sasquatch where it feels secure with me around. There are too many variables involved for that to occur. Maybe it would take them five times with me nearby before they are comfortable that I mean them no harm (I would never hurt one).  Let's say they see me three times, are beginning to warm up, then decide to leave the area for new hunting grounds or seasonal migration.  Back to square one for me and them.

My objective is simply to see one in daylight hours or get a clear video on thermal. If I can do a wood knock that brings it in close enough to do that, then I'm ok with it.

My techniques were formed over several years with a small group of BF.    They worked for me for quite a while.  My only experience with a wood knock directly related to BF was that it was done by the BF as a warning to another BF that I was present when it blundered into me.       If you make wood knocks, then it is far easier for a BF to know where you are.      Once they locate you they can more easily avoid you.   In my opinion visual contact is more likely if a BF blunders into you because it does not know you are there.    That was how I got my picture.  I changed direction of travel three times so they would have had no idea where I was.     I spent a long time another day trying to get a BF to break cover after I heard it moving around in some timber.       i because it could move faster than I could,   I never got a glimpse of it,  but heard it making thuds and noise as it moved away.    Finally it tired of the game and growled at me.     These BF knew me and instead of being more friendly,  they became less friendly over time.    I guess I became a nuisance to them because I was around so much.  

41 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

In my opinion visual contact is more likely if a BF blunders into you because it does not know you are there.    That was how I got my picture.  I changed direction of travel three times so they would have had no idea where I was.   

That is an excellent point!  All the more reason to be quiet as a church mouse when in the woods and perhaps even camouflage oneself and be still.

I don't like hoaxers. I severely dislike dishonest people. IMHO, Standing Turd is a hoaxer extraordinaire in my book. I also don't care for big ego types.

1 hour ago, 100Acre said:

I don't like hoaxers. I severely dislike dishonest people. IMHO, Standing Turd is a hoaxer extraordinaire in my book. I also don't care for big ego types.

Which hoaxers get you mad other than Todd Standing?

Who would you consider to be big ego types in bigfootery?

For me, the answer to both questions would be Don Keating, although he has pretty much retired from Bigfootery as of 2012. Went into weather forecasting last I heard. His name came up a couple of times in 2015 I think but he's nowhere around now as far as I know.

@Arvedis I think it was NVTV That we're another hoaxer on YT. Standing Turd himself seems to be quite egotistical.  Otherwise I just meant I don't care for those folks who try to make the story more about themselves than the subject matter.

16 minutes ago, 100Acre said:

@Arvedis I think it was NVTV That we're another hoaxer on YT. Standing Turd himself seems to be quite egotistical.  Otherwise I just meant I don't care for those folks who try to make the story more about themselves than the subject matter.

What is NVTV?  

You must have a real dislike for someone to call him a turd. Usually, if I see something I don't like on YT, I'll forget about it in seconds. But you have taken a true dislike. Sounds like you have a vested interest in people hoaxing according to your interpretation.

Where do you do field research?

24 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

What is NVTV?  

You must have a real dislike for someone to call him a turd. Usually, if I see something I don't like on YT, I'll forget about it in seconds. But you have taken a true dislike. Sounds like you have a vested interest in people hoaxing according to your interpretation.

Where do you do field research?

@Arvedis

Nv TV is one of those YouTube channels that make put out videos like "TOP TEN SCARIEST BIGFOOT ENCOUNTERS" and click bait stuff like that.