Who would you most like to go squatching with?

DaleyWoodbeater

5 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Norse of course. Huntster for sure. MIB certainly from the here and now.

From days gone by Roger Patterson and Robert Gimlin on a certain day in 1967.

Hrmmm...you're right. I'd need to find room for @MIB on my hypothetical excursion.

Also a fan of the Gal Gadot idea.

11 minutes ago, 1980squatch said:

Thomas Steenburg

I'm very fortunate to get out with Thomas frequently, and love every minute of it. He's an encyclopedia of Sasquatch lore, and a hoot to hang out with.

• Upvote 2

If it had to be with someone other than here on BFF, it would be Les Stroud.  Disappear into the hinterlands with backpacks.

Have any of the committees or administrators here on BFF considered during an annual conference, meeting, or get together for BFF members? I think it would a lot of fun. Also, what about a mechanism by which BFF members could do an expedition in different areas of the country but keeping the exact locations secret.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, wiiawiwb said:

Have any of the committees or administrators here on BFF considered during an annual conference, meeting, or get together for BFF members? I think it would a lot of fun. Also, what about a mechanism by which BFF members could do an expedition in different areas of the country but keeping the exact locations secret.

I had proposed doing one, but neck surgery and a heart attack got in the way. I’m still game.

I would support free of charge expeditions. But I would want them totally transparent. That way people could follow along that could not attend. Or crunch the numbers for us and place a pin on a map. Repeatable results anyone could verify.

• Upvote 1

I have been itching for a nice expedition. My financial situation or lack thereof has been the biggest hinderance, especially during these times of crisis called 2020. I lost the last few specks of respect I had of Moneymaker when I checked into a BFRO expidition and saw his name fit him well. charging people $400+ to walk in the woods... And here I thought nature was free.

EDIT: As much as I like Bobo and Barackman, the sheer fact that they are associated with Moneymaker has completely turned me off of them.

Edited by KronoFury
Added additional information
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, KronoFury said:

I have been itching for a nice expedition. My financial situation or lack thereof has been the biggest hinderance, especially during these times of crisis called 2020. I lost the last few specks of respect I had of Moneymaker when I checked into a BFRO expidition and saw his name fit him well. charging people $400+ to walk in the woods... And here I thought nature was free.

EDIT: As much as I like Bobo and Barackman, the sheer fact that they are associated with Moneymaker has completely turned me off of them.

I don't know...  You can walk in the woods for free, but is it going to be in an area with verified Sasquatch activity, led by someone who is somewhat of an expert on them, and who is also a moderate TV celebrity?  I can see the value in him charging people to go in the woods with him if it's a spot where there is activity.  

Similarly, Cody Lundin, who is also a minor TV celebrity from the TV show, Dual Survival, offers to take students into the woods and teach them basic survival skills for $695.

https://www.codylundin.com/essential_abo.html

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, PNWexplorer said:

I don't know...  You can walk in the woods for free, but is it going to be in an area with verified Sasquatch activity, led by someone who is somewhat of an expert on them, and who is also a moderate TV celebrity?  I can see the value in him charging people to go in the woods with him if it's a spot where there is activity.  

Similarly, Cody Lundin, who is also a minor TV celebrity from the TV show, Dual Survival, offers to take students into the woods and teach them basic survival skills for $695.

https://www.codylundin.com/essential_abo.html

I bet Cody is a licensed outfitter with the USFS, unlike others...

Admin
20 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

Norse proposed this a while back. I think its a great idea, but logistically difficult because BFF members are widely dispersed.

I'm open to ideas though, where would the expedition take place?

• Thanks 1

I was thinking it might be more than one location simply because we're all dispersed around the country.  Some may decide to go if an expedition is within 500 miles but suspect most will likely not be interested in something beyond that unless you happened to be traveling in that area. For example, I have a sister is northwest Georgia and might be possible to coordinate an expedition in that area as part of my trip. I also have a friend who lives in Sacramento and could possibly do the something in the Sierras.

Maybe we can toss out a few regions/areas and get feedback to see if there is any interest. Here is a map of locations the BFRO is doing as far as expeditions are concerned:

http://www.bfro.net/news/roundup/expeds_2020.asp

Edited by wiiawiwb

Seriously - Cliff Barack man. I've also really enjoyed the times that I got to go squatching with Tobe Johnson.

Not so seriously - I'd love to get Coyote Peterson from the  YouTube channel Brave Wilderness, out there! He would be so much fun!