Jump to content

Bigfoots and Forest Fires


Recommended Posts

  • gigantor featured this topic
hiflier

Hope it made it. If not, I hope the right person finds it.

 

Edited by hiflier
Link to post
Share on other sites
smallfoot

I feel like there must be some serious sightings happening, especially in Oregon. Some prime bigfoot habitats with a history of sightings are all burning, and with all the crews going in to remote areas to fight it...

 

Bobo from Finding Bigfoot posted something about Lassen firefighters getting freaked out by squatches. Cliff from the show had to evacuate his home near Estacada.

Link to post
Share on other sites
SWWASAS

Never thought about it before but BF have to appreciate humans who come to put out fires in their woods.    Maybe that is why they sort of tolerate us?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
hiflier
57 minutes ago, smallfoot said:

I feel like there must be some serious sightings happening, especially in Oregon. Some prime bigfoot habitats with a history of sightings are all burning, and with all the crews going in to remote areas to fight it...

 

Bobo from Finding Bigfoot posted something about Lassen firefighters getting freaked out by squatches. Cliff from the show had to evacuate his home near Estacada.

 

Welcome to the Forum :) Looking at this photo from Sept. 8th one can see where the Bigfoots might be if they got out in time. It's bad with the smoke heading West in the image but the terrain and air look better East of the fir areas. The situation isn't a stagnant one however and things change. but on the 8th it did look like there was some safe habitat to move for any creatures East of the smoke. For researchers who may be fortunate enough to still be active two things could be said: There might be more Bigfoots in a given area now which could be a set up for more relatively frequent sightings or encounters, road crossings etc., and the smoke may narrow the search. Outside of that? I really feel for the residents in the PacNW right now. BE SAFE!

 

oregonfires_amo_2020252.thumb.jpg.e1dbd7e17c263f809abbe60509d460b4.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
SWWASAS
26 minutes ago, hiflier said:

 

Welcome to the Forum :) Looking at this photo from Sept. 8th one can see where the Bigfoots might be if they got out in time. It's bad with the smoke heading West in the image but the terrain and air look better East of the fir areas. The situation isn't a stagnant one however and things change. but on the 8th it did look like there was some safe habitat to move for any creatures East of the smoke. For researchers who may be fortunate enough to still be active two things could be said: There might be more Bigfoots in a given area now which could be a set up for more relatively frequent sightings or encounters, road crossings etc., and the smoke may narrow the search. Outside of that? I really feel for the residents in the PacNW right now. BE SAFE!

 

oregonfires_amo_2020252.thumb.jpg.e1dbd7e17c263f809abbe60509d460b4.jpg

Today I was looking for clear air and most places in the Western half of Oregon were between 1/4 and 1/2 mile visibility.  I cannot stand to be outside without a N-95 respirator or better.   I have a couple of N-99 respirators.    I think you have to go as far as Idaho and Montana to get moderate or better air.   It is Very Unhealthy or Hazardous in most of Oregon.    In a couple of weeks we might be able to find BF because they likely will still be coughing.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
hiflier
13 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

In a couple of weeks we might be able to find BF because they likely will still be coughing.

 

Millions of people ans even more millions of animals are suffereing right now. Especially the animals. It's a good time to keep pets indoors as much as possible. I'll bet ait filtration devices have been flying off the shelves if they can even be found. Covid-19 masks? Wet them down. Yes, it makes them harder to breathe through but even dry they will help. Switching them out with fresh clean ones is even more important with so much smoke in the air. most modern vehicle cabin filters will probably need to be replaced as well. I don't how they do with the finer particles, though. The finer stuff probably gets through anywhere there's air infiltration whether vehicle or building. The Mount Saint Helens eruption clogged a lot of vehicle engine filters, too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
PNWexplorer
31 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

Today I was looking for clear air and most places in the Western half of Oregon were between 1/4 and 1/2 mile visibility.  I cannot stand to be outside without a N-95 respirator or better.   I have a couple of N-99 respirators.    I think you have to go as far as Idaho and Montana to get moderate or better air.   It is Very Unhealthy or Hazardous in most of Oregon.    In a couple of weeks we might be able to find BF because they likely will still be coughing.  

I live on the Idaho/Washington border and our air quality has been great, until this morning.  Winds shifted and then a large wildfire was started last night at 1 am about 20 miles West of me.  

 

View from my deck when I woke up this afternoon, and it's gotten worse since then...

 

 

IMG_20200912_145231530.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish that the air at my house was that clear. I've been sick in bed from nausea, head aches and breathing problems. High east winds with gusts of over 60mph and an atmospheric inversion the last two days really drove this smoke down to the ground and caused the the worse air quality in the world at this time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
smallfoot
1 hour ago, hiflier said:

 

Welcome to the Forum :) Looking at this photo from Sept. 8th one can see where the Bigfoots might be if they got out in time. It's bad with the smoke heading West in the image but the terrain and air look better East of the fir areas. The situation isn't a stagnant one however and things change. but on the 8th it did look like there was some safe habitat to move for any creatures East of the smoke. For researchers who may be fortunate enough to still be active two things could be said: There might be more Bigfoots in a given area now which could be a set up for more relatively frequent sightings or encounters, road crossings etc., and the smoke may narrow the search. Outside of that? I really feel for the residents in the PacNW right now. BE SAFE!

 

oregonfires_amo_2020252.thumb.jpg.e1dbd7e17c263f809abbe60509d460b4.jpg

 

Yeah I’m in Portland, stuck inside because of all the smoke! It looks like Venus out there. Literally the worst air quality in the world today.

 

Always hear a lot about sightings in the Estacada/Sandy River area and that’s one of the fires. Those Bigfoots are going to have to go somewhere, and fast! And in doing, so they might have to abandon some  of their usual caution or pathways, and be forced towards homes (or firefighters). With how fast the fires were moving due to wind, the squatches wouldn’t have time to mess around!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, smallfoot said:

I feel like there must be some serious sightings happening, especially in Oregon. Some prime bigfoot habitats with a history of sightings are all burning, and with all the crews going in to remote areas to fight it...

Bobo from Finding Bigfoot posted something about Lassen firefighters getting freaked out by squatches.

Cliff from the show had to evacuate his home near Estacada.

Do you have a link to where I can read this?

 

thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
PNWexplorer

Here's the entirety of Bobo's post for those that don't have FB...

 

"I've been inundated with messages asking how I'm doing with the fires raging all around. I'm fine, just breathing a lot of smoke. I helped some friends evacuate and have a few people staying with me now. We had to cancel recording a podcast today because Cliff got an emergency evacuation order for his house in the forest. THey loaded up what they could and went to his museum. 5 hours later they got an evacuation order for the museum. The museum should be fine, its got roads and cement all around it besides a small grass patch behind it.
I spoke with a good friend who was working the fires near Mt Lassen. There was a lot of commotion at one of the camps as there were some squatches in the area freaking the guys out. 2 of the dozer operators were so whigged out they put there dozers back to back and wouldn't go back to work until the squatches left. These are tough, rugged, and brave guys who've been working in the woods 20-30 years and had been heckling my buddy a few days earlier when he brought up bigfoots. They were baptized by fire into the world of squatch both literally and figuratively. They were getting lots of screams, knocks, and tree snappings. A lot of the best bigfooting spots in CA/OR are infernos right now. The squatches should be fine, they're smart and fast."

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
hiflier
56 minutes ago, PNWexplorer said:

The squatches should be fine, they're smart and fast.

 

This kind of general thinking is so WRONG! The elderly and the infirm may be smart but they are NO LONGER fast. There's no doubt in my mind that some are going to be left behind and lost to these fires. This has been one of my unspoken grievances regarding the Finding Bigfoot episodes. It taught people the wrong message regarding these creatures. The they are all big, strong, fast and smart. It never took into account that some of these creatures might be pregnant or have infants, or be old and slow or even dying with the when the team went out howling and tree knocking. The general disrespect and disregard for these Bigfoots and other animals was disgusting. And they, unthinkingly, taught the public to go out and do the same. That attitude prevails to this day when I read a statement like the quote above. "Someone" who so obviously didn't get it back then STILL doesn't get it.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...