Bigfoot in PA

connors78

I was wondering if there are any potential hot spots in PA specifically near the franklin county area? I've had only like one encounter so far. 

Hey. welcome to the Forum.

Didn't see any in Franklin County itself, but there are a few reports in two counties on either side of Franklin (Bedford and Fulton to the west and Adams and York to the east). Surprisingly, just south of the Adams/York county lines in Maryland, there seems to be quite a few reports out of both Fredrick and Carroll counties. Everything I looked at, however, is pre-2000.

For a Premium membership ($20/year) one can gain access to SSR which is the BFF's more current database :) AAAAND it serves to keep the Forum ad free.

Edited by hiflier

4 hours ago, NatFoot said:

Welcome. I'm sure I speak for others when I say we'd be interested to hear of the details of your encounter.

Same here.

@connors78, lay it on us.

Ok so this was about a year ago and it occurred in the winter. I was going to pick up my cousin for snowboarding and keep in mind he lives in Mercersburg where its not heavily populated and its a lot of fields. So as we arrived I checked to see if he was sledding or something like that in his backyard. His neighborhood in this wooded area along the road so his whole yard is just woods. So I checked and He wasn't back there so i was just checking out his backyard and in the woods i saw something like walking in the woods. I looked like it had black fur and it was maybe like 7 foot tall. So i ran out of there thinking something was back there and i was scared. now ive been in the woods all my life fishing and hunting and stuff like that and I've really never been scared of anything like that.  Now my cousins has said he has seen somethings out there when he was little but it was probably just his imagination. I did have this one encounter that was in Ohio. It was last year too and it was in the fall. me and my pap were out hunting and we were in this blind looking over this hollow. And all of a sudden we heard singing or humming. i told my pap did you hear that and he said it sounded like the flute. now that was something ive never heard before. and you can even ask him about it and he will tell you its true.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, hopefully, this picture will show up well.  If it does, you should see what looks like two transit corridors in the higher (for us easterners) ground on the east and west sides of Franklin county and down into Maryland.

Hope this helps.

Capture.JPG

• Upvote 1

SSR Team

Some food for though here Kids.

These are three maps of the following

• 454 Pennsylvania Reports Overall
  • 133 Pennsylvania Reports from the last 20 years
  • 21 Pennsylvania Reports from the last 10 years

The drop off here is dramatic in recent times, with only 29% of Reports from within the last 20 years and just under 5% of Reports from the last 10 years.

Comparing that to some other States across North America with more than 200 Reports and it's way down where % of Reports are concerned from the last 10 years.

For example, WA is at 55% of All Reports from the last 20 years, and 21% of All Reports from the last 10 years and FL is at 54% of All Reports from the last 20 years, and 24% of All Reports from the last 10 years

I'll view neighboring States this week to see if we can see any swings either way like these and will revert in this thread.

PA Overall.jpg

PA Last 20 Yearsjpg.jpg

PA Last 10 Yearsjpg.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2020 at 9:52 PM, hiflier said:

Hey. welcome to the Forum.

Didn't see any in Franklin County itself, but there are a few reports in two counties on either side of Franklin (Bedford and Fulton to the west and Adams and York to the east). Surprisingly, just south of the Adams/York county lines in Maryland, there seems to be quite a few reports out of both Fredrick and Carroll counties. Everything I looked at, however, is pre-2000.

For a Premium membership ($20/year) one can gain access to SSR which is the BFF's more current database :) AAAAND it serves to keep the Forum ad free.

i would be willing to get a membership but cannot get to a page that lets you use a credit card.  i dont want to use paypal.   any suggestions?

Admin
1 hour ago, seeker said:

i dont want to use paypal. 

You don't need a paypal account.

1 hour ago, gigantor said:

You don't need a paypal account.

ill try again.  its said that but it kept directing me to pay pal anyway.....

• 2 months later...

Right here.   Do a little night fishing at this spot.  Keep a fire burning.   I and two friends had a creepy encounter  circa 1980 with something huge, but invisible  as it turned out. Been along time, but I've been contacted by a lady that grew up  a few miles away right off this same creek, and she's had  strange woo type  sightings with orbs and glowing cloaking bigfeet  in recent years. 

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.8256739,-77.8667278,17z

If you want to read about the huge Bigfoot/UFO flap of the early to mid 70's, Check out "Silent Invasion. The Pennsylvania UFO/Bigfoot Casebook".

It's written by Stan Gordon, and the majority of the cases took place in western Pennsylvania. Lots of reports, some of them far into the paranormal aspect of Bigfoot if you believe in that. Strangely enough, most of the footprints found during that flap were of the 3 toed variety.

52 minutes ago, cromag said:

If you want to read about the huge Bigfoot/UFO flap of the early to mid 70's, Check out "Silent Invasion. The Pennsylvania UFO/Bigfoot Casebook".

It's written by Stan Gordon, and the majority of the cases took place in western Pennsylvania. Lots of reports, some of them far into the paranormal aspect of Bigfoot if you believe in that. Strangely enough, most of the footprints found during that flap were of the 3 toed variety.

Here is an interesting "Bob Gymlan" video about that flap in PA. I think there is another video or movie about it, but I can't remember where it is. I will look for it. EDIT: Found it on Amazon Prime.

• Like 2