Sasquatch In The Modern Era

hiflier

Lots of states do reciprocate but some are also selective. Saw a list once that showed which state recognizes which and accepts/reciprocates other state licenses and what type.  

32 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Lots of states do reciprocate but some are also selective. Saw a list once that showed which state recognizes which and accepts/reciprocates other state licenses and what type.  

gunstocarry.com claims to keep an updated list. Their map and website are fairly user friendly. Always best to check before traveling though as things do change.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, SwiftWater said:

gunstocarry.com claims to keep an updated list. Their map and website are fairly user friendly. Always best to check before traveling though as things do change.

Good info.  Thanks for posting it.

5 hours ago, SwiftWater said:

If you're outside of firearms season here in VA or in WV you would. Outside of hunting seasons it's illegal to carry a firearm in a NF unless you have a CCW permit.

That’s unconstitutional and should be challenged in a court of law!!! Can you say INFRINGED!

Each state has its complicated rules and even some localities (counties or cities) apply their own. It borders on the ridiculous making interstate travel an absolute nightmare unless you have a firearms attorney on your payroll.  How would you know how quickly a website is updated for recent legislation in a state?  Get a flat tire or have an accident going through an unfriendly gun state and you may have a problem on your hands.

Another issue that can be a real problem is whether you have the duty to inform an officer if you are pulled over. You better know that in advance if you are traveling between or through states.

Here are two websites I find very helpful. It gives a pretty detailed description of gun laws by state and which states have reciprocity with other states.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map/

https://handgunlaw.us/states/tennessee.pdf

Edited by wiiawiwb

I lost my taste for foreign travel in the months before 9/11 during a trip through Canada. 9/11 nailed that shut for me.

Now I have no desire to travel through the states. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/29/2020 at 4:40 PM, hiflier said:

The past twenty years have seen incredible advances in monitoring and surveillance both terrestrially and beyond. What does this mean to a small but widely distributed population of Sasquatches? What does it mean for Bigfoot researchers who for the most part have lower-tier consumer grade surveillance devices? What does it mean for Sasquatch discovery or knowledge in the upper echelons of science and government?

What would be the results of military grade surveillance? Would such surveillance capabilities have picked up Sasquatches and other animals moving in numbers away from the recent areas affected by wildfires? And even if there were no wildfires, there has frequently been comments regarding forestry road closures being possibly linked to Sasquatch activity. If so does it indicate that electronic surveillance works? That it is indeed being used to keep the public along with field researchers away from Sasquatch activity due to natural roaming in the quest for food or mates? Has anyone noticed seasonal road or area closures that happen on a seasonal basis which may support such roaming?

And since we are in this era of much higher and more precise monitoring would any such closure programs be the reason few, if any, creatures end up being recorded on our relatively lower level devices? Because I have a sneaking hunch that, in this day and age, key alpha Sasquatches have been tagged with miniature transponders which has made keeping us away from the majority of them, as in where they stay along with their nesting and birthing sites, much easier. I am gradually beginning to understand better just how easy it would be to monitor these creatures with high tech tools methods that are commonly unavailable to the public. In this new world of surveillance "collaring", while still being used, isn't really necessary. Ear tags are probably not even necessary. But I can see tiny transmitters installed by devices similar to tranquilizer guns being the tracking method of choice.

All it would take over the years is one creature successfully tagged to find more and then the program would pyramid out from there to eventually track most if not all of say, less than 10,000 individuals. Even a quarter of that number that get tagged would have an impact. It could at least show where and when resource harvesting would have the least amount of impact on the survival of the species. Win-Win. It would be the best way to keep some lucky researcher from finding one and possibly result in ALL resource extraction activities, and other activities that are more recreational, from the threat of a chance discovery grinding everything to a halt.

If one thinks about this some, then a similar conclusion to what I have may be reached: That this kind of a monitoring program, should it exist, which I seriously think it does, may not be such a bad thing....the floor is open.  

Yes, and the biggest breakthrough was being able to find and identify the alphas.  They are easy to spot since they are the ones giving orders to the minion Bigfoots. There is also a BF command center that leverages the Space Force to acquire satellite imaging feeds for real time 24-7-365 monitoring. There is a small but highly trained team of remote viewers to supplement a well equipped and fantastically funded strike force ready to go - anywhere, anytime. It is SOP when someone goes missing in the woods and the government wants to cover all the possible angles with search & rescue. There is always a likely possibility that people will blame BF for the disappearance so the military stands ready to thwart such a threat to the internal security of the nation.  Canada has this setup too. In fact, the U.S. and Canada jointly developed BRATPAC (Bigfoot Response and Tactical Protocol Access Channel) for when one of those miniature transponders sends the correct encoded signal. There is no way BF can escape if he or she tries to skip across the border.

Deep inside Mt St. Helens is the heart of the operation.  This is where the freezers are kept. It seems counterintuitive to have freezers in an active volcanic area but that's the genius of the plan. The gov has agreed to allow aliens to abduct citizens for medical experimentation in exchange for high tech freezers that keep BF on ice, even in volcanic conditions.  It's brilliant. it's diabolical, and it's all true.

Edited by Arvedis
  • Haha 2

Well played, Arvedis :) Still smiling. I still think that the current Border Patrol policy of monitoring the AmCan (CanAm?) border up to 100 miles North and South would have no problem picking up a bipedal creature other than, and including, Humans quiet easily. The difference? Humans will be spending a length of time in jail even for accidental intrusions. It's not uncommon to have a Border Patrol operation 100 miles from the actual border. Makes me wonder just what would happen to a Sasquatch until it could be determined that it isn't a person in a suit. Or does its heat signature already tell surveillance technicians that it isn't someone wearing clothing or a suit? If so, does one stand a better chance of succeeding in sneaking across the border if they are naked? It may be the only way to fool a technician into thinking a Human's heat signature matches that of a Sasquatch and so they get ignored?

Thermal images of suspected Sasquatches look more homogeneous and are very different than that of a Human dressed in clothing, which has a much more mottled appearance. 

Edited by hiflier

26 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Well played, Arvedis :) Still smiling. I still think that the current Border Patrol policy of monitoring the AmCan (CanAm?) border up to 100 miles North and South would have no problem picking up a bipedal creature other than, and including, Humans quiet easily. The difference? Humans will be spending a length of time in jail even for accidental intrusions. It's not uncommon to have a Border Patrol operation 100 miles from the actual border. Makes me wonder just what would happen to a Sasquatch until it could be determined that it isn't a person in a suit. Or does its heat signature already tell surveillance technicians that it isn't someone wearing clothing or a suit? If so, does one stand a better chance of succeeding in sneaking across the border if they are naked? It may be the only way to fool a technician into thinking a Human's heat signature matches that of a Sasquatch and so they get ignored?

Thermal images of suspected Sasquatches are very different than that a Human dressed in clothing. 

Proof of a conspiracy to hide existence or that they don't exist.

How true, NatFoot, either they are or they aren't. Just being a proponent doesn't let me off the Bigfoot existence hook. Everything I've said and done has been to tease out the truth, either through logic or action. For instance, like in this recent (10/2020) article: https://lmtribune.com/northwest/man-claims-to-have-been-bigfoot-lawyer-represents-yakima-man-who-says-he-wore-costume/article_6b8a14d8-5175-5347-bc86-0b763d8e40ec.html

The lawyer says his client in Yakima, WA claims to have been the person who wore the suit for Patterson and Gimlin's filming of Patty in 1967. But the article also says that the lawyer's client is 58 years old. That means that his client was only 5 years old in 1967. But someone at the Lewiston Tribune somehow saw the story as being fit to print. Go figure. I just did a second look and saw that the article was apparently from an older article from 1999? The claimant was none other than Bob Heironimus himself, LOL. So yeah, 58 in 1999.

Edited by hiflier

2 minutes ago, hiflier said:

How true, NatFoot, either they are or they aren't. Just being a proponent doesn't let me off the Bigfoot existence hook. Everything I've said and done has been to tease out the truth, either through logic or action. For instance, like in this recent (10/2020) article: https://lmtribune.com/northwest/man-claims-to-have-been-bigfoot-lawyer-represents-yakima-man-who-says-he-wore-costume/article_6b8a14d8-5175-5347-bc86-0b763d8e40ec.html

The lawyer says his client in Yakima, WA claims to have been the person who wore the suit for Patterson and Gimlin's filming of Patty in 1967. But the article also says that the lawyer's client is 58 years old. That means that his client was only 5 years old in 1967. But someone at the Lewiston Tribune somehow saw the story as being fit to print. Go figure. I just did a second look and saw that the article was apparently from an older article from 1999? The claimant was none other than Bob Heironimus himself, LOL.

I can just see it now, once a type specimen is finally taken by a private individual who actually manages to get it to an academic center/physical anthropologist and during the autopsy/examination they come across a transponder they trace to an obscure company whose sole customer is some sequestered department of the U.S. government! 

On the flip side, that transponder might well explain why type specimens don't make it that far.....

"Sir! DAB-314 is down for no known reason, lifesigns ebbing fast!"

"Release at tracking drone, corporal, see what's going on....."

but seriously.....

20 hours ago, guyzonthropus said:

I can just see it now, once a type specimen is finally taken by a private individual who actually manages to get it to an academic center/physical anthropologist and during the autopsy/examination they come across a transponder they trace to an obscure company whose sole customer is some sequestered department of the U.S. government! 

On the flip side, that transponder might well explain why type specimens don't make it that far.....

"Sir! DAB-314 is down for no known reason, lifesigns ebbing fast!"

"Release at tracking drone, corporal, see what's going on....."

I picture Dale Dye as commander of that military unit.

4rgcpw.jpg.74d9a0c6fde7405dbe3249ce0adf3c68.jpg

On 10/30/2020 at 7:04 AM, MIB said:

I must confess that while working the phrasing for that illustrative vignette, the designation DAB stood for Dead Ass Bigfoot, which I later realized was not consistent with the chronology of the scene, as they wouldnt give it that name prior to its demise. I nearly switched it to WAP (Wet Ass Primate) but felt that might be going too far, and I'm all too familiar with their sense of humor, and don't need any more bears in the backyard.....