All Clear Alerts - Driftless channel video

Madison5716

I've wondered whether a sasquatch can use two of its physical features to make "wood knocks".  If you clap your hands together in front of your face while both thumbs are just below your bottom lip, it will produce a wood-knock sound.  Try doing it aggressively by clapping your hands as hard as you can.  Much louder.

This video shows a skinny kid doing it. Imagine the sound that could be produced by something 8' tall, 800 lbs, with hands, whose fingers are larger than bananas, clapped together with a force we can only imagine.

12 hours ago, Madison5716 said:

Sometimes I wonder if wood knocks are chest slaps some of the time.

In the Oconee area, we heard a quick series of sounds that sounded almost like hollow knocks.  

It sounded exactly like the audio that was recorded during the Devil's Creek incident.  For those of you who are not familiar with Devil's Creek, OK Talk podcast does a fantastic series of episodes concerning it.

It sounded like this...

To me, it almost sounds like a hollow wood block or something...not at all like what you would expect when you hear about a gorilla BEATING his chest.  

So, you might be on to something there, @Madison5716

• Upvote 1

SSR Team
On 11/18/2020 at 6:02 PM, ShadowBorn said:

Now if these creatures were giving the all clear alert. What would be the purpose of this ? In the video it sound like the jeep is not leaving but returning. So it would make more sense that these creatures would be alerting others that the humans are moving into other areas. If we are being watched and we leave then what purpose is there to alert if us as humans are already being watched. 

If I was a sentry I would be more worried when an intruder has entered my perimeter. I would alert others that some one or some thing has entered my zone of protection. 

I think either way it shows the same thing. Communications regarding the movements either coming in to or leaving an area, of a human being. I think we have to believe that these animals do their upmost in general to avoid us and they do that by keeping the ultimate tabs on us, devoting a lot of their time watching our movements in order to be informed of what we are doing and when we are doing it. Communicating that therefore becomes important especially if you are of the way of thinking that these things spend a lot of their time in loose groups and not alone, like i do.

On 11/19/2020 at 2:11 PM, 1980squatch said:

Well NAWAC has indeed reported just these type of events on a number of occasions over the years (knocks/clangs/vocals on vehicle exits).  I don't think they actually have recorded audio of it though.

Pretty sure that some members of the Olympic Project have noted the same thing, i'm unsure if any of it is recorded also however.

• Upvote 2

Out of pluses, lots of interesting thoughts. I have a folder of suspect drumming sounds and have shared a couple here before. Can't remember if I posted here an article I read long ago regarding chimps drumming on tree roots, maybe? This topic is really interesting and we have had a number of such over the years. "Sounds of the Night", "Urban Bigfoot?", and many others. Evidence is extensive and varied, as you'd expect of such creatures.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, JKH said:

Out of pluses, lots of interesting thoughts. I have a folder of suspect drumming sounds and have shared a couple here before. Can't remember if I posted here an article I read long ago regarding chimps drumming on tree roots, maybe? This topic is really interesting and we have had a number of such over the years. "Sounds of the Night", "Urban Bigfoot?", and many others. Evidence is extensive and varied, as you'd expect of such creatures.

I will look around and see if I can find your posts on drumming sounds.  Sounds interesting.

• 4 weeks later...

This channel has my interest piqued after knowing of his encounter story from Bob Gymlan's channel. I live 6 hours from that National forest, and I plan on hunting there at some point, who knows maybe one day I'll be lucky :lol: