Sighting of 3 BF creatures in south Florida and one chased the witness out of the preserve

Explorer

Sasquatch Chronicles had an interesting interview recently (episode 715) of a witness named Joseph who 10 years ago was backpacking in the Big Cypress National Preserve and ran into bigfoot like creatures.

https://sasquatchchronicles.com/sc-ep715-these-monsters-chasing-me/

He backpacked from south to north; started by the Tamiami Trail (Hwy 41) and followed the Florida Trail all the way north to Highway 75 (Alligator Alley).  Per my Gaia GPS trail mapping, it is about 28 miles. The eyewitness said in the interview that it was about 30 miles (but that is ok since there are different routes).

I think his plan was to spend 2 nights and backpack 3 days.

The first night he set up a hammock and was visited by creatures that were making all sorts of noises and apparently disturbed his backpack.

The 2nd day he claims to have seen 3 of these creatures while hiking during the daytime, and one of them kept following him. 

The intimidation from the creature that was following him caused him to almost panic. He got rid of his backpack and ran all the way to the exit point. 

Per my estimate, that would have been a long hike out in summer heat (assuming that he backpacked 10 miles on day one). 

When he arrived at the truck stop, he collapsed exhausted and probably with PTSD.  He was taken by ambulance to Naples (there should be a record of that).

It is a good interview and story. 

I downloaded the trail route from Gaia GPS into Google Earth to take a look at the terrain.

I made the following observations:

1)      While the environment is a cypress swamp, there are many open spaces with clear views and where the tree density is low.  Thus, it makes sense what he said that the creatures could not hide well behind the small cypress trees.  See sample image below.

2)      If BF creatures live there year-round, are moving in day-time, and if they are moving along some of these open spaces, then maybe evidence could be detected via satellite photography in Google Earth.  Some of these creatures are claimed to be at least 4 ft wide (I don’t know if GE could detect that).

3)      The GE map shows several airports and ranch houses close to the trail and within the Big Cypress National Preserve.  Wonder if the people who live in these ranch houses have some stories to tell.  One of the ranch houses right in the middle of the Big Cypress National Preserve is called Romor Ranch.  I was curious and looked it up and it is available for sale.  Below are a couple of YouTube videos describing the place.  In the video images, you can see the wide-open expanses within the cypress swamp.

If anybody wants to buy some property to do BF research in Florida, this might be the place!

I have hiked in the Everglades in the past, and learned never to visit during the summer.  It is hot, humid, and full of mosquitos.  Best time to hike is during the winter. 

Joseph, the young man (19 year old) who backpacked this solo was either brave or foolhardy (maybe both).  I am glad he survived and told his story.

Big Cypress National Preserve Florida Trail.JPG

Florida Trail Image V2.JPG

Edited by Explorer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Wondering if the experiencer remembered to grab his wallet and water before he dropped his backpack? Or maybe he was thinking he could sprint x miles to safety faster, and have a better story to tell on SC, everyone's favorite source of BF entertainment.

Edited by Arvedis

Thanks for sharing. It is always cool to hear stories from my home state. 

I don't get that far south hardly anymore. Don't know what to think of his story. Lots of displaced documented creatures from hurricanes etc.

SSR Team

Yeah i listened to this last week and it made me smile a lot.

I saw my one at a rest area on what i believe to have been Alligator Alley all those years ago now.

I researched rest areas along that road maybe 10 years or so back but lost it all on an old computer ( i know, i know, always back up) and i believed i found a rest area what 'looked' familiar to me although i was unsure if it was the rest area where i saw mine or just a rest area i had visited (probably more than once) and it had stuck in my head.

Will definitely have to get on that again at some time

I wrote an email to the property seller and asked if the owner/care-takers had bigfoot (skunk ape) sightings, game or security cameras, and whether the place was suitable for BF research.

Her reply was short.

She said absolutely all of the above, including sightings, and to call for more information.

Not sure if the contact person is simply a real estate agent that wants to sell, get her commission, and is willing to say anything or if there is any truth to her statement.

I asked her (via email) to elaborate on the sightings history.

While I am very interested in knowing what kind of evidence and activity they had in that ranch over the years, I am not interested or capable in buying the $2.5 MM property and don't want to waste her time.

I am not bold or aggressive enough to give her a call and just chat about the BF experiences at the ranch (given that her interest is in selling).

Nonetheless, if others here want to try and pursue an inquiry, the contact information (email and phone) are publicly available.

• Thanks 1

Perhaps that's why the current owners are selling! If the creatures are following people out of the area, being caught inside a 900 sq.ft. house by one or more of them right outside making hostile overtures, might well be enough to convince folks to sell. Though that does sound like a Scooby-doo plotline as well...

I do find it interesting that the agent was so forthcoming when asked about activity. Maybe someone else should call and phrase the question from a different perspective....like "this place doesn't have any of those dang skunk apes running all over the place does it? That's what made me sell my last place!"

While that's a good bit of land, $2.5 million for a cabin that looks less structurally sound than the one in Exists might make one pause...if ya know what I mean! LOL

16 minutes ago, norseman said:

For 21 acres. No thanks.

Exactly. I guess there's opportunity for a business with the airfield, but the rest of the property is junk.

28 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

Exactly. I guess there's opportunity for a business with the airfield, but the rest of the property is junk.

Are those alligators in the pond!? 

17 minutes ago, norseman said:

Are those alligators in the pond!? 

Yeah. No question.

It's not safe to enter any freshwater in the state of FL. It should be assumed all bodies contain an alligator, no matter how small.

That guys pond has some fairly big ones...surprised it could sustain so many large ones.

Unaware dogs wouldn't make it long there.

Or grandchildren...

Rednecks where I’m from would be out on that dock with a rack of beer and a rifle. Next would come a electric fence.

I would rather be treed by a Grizzly Bear or Moose than deal with that!

On 12/15/2020 at 5:23 PM, NatFoot said:

$2.5M.

In Florida?

Some retiring plumber from New Jersey will make a cash offer of $2.7M over the phone...sight unseen.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

In Florida?

Some retiring plumber from New Jersey will make a cash offer of $2.7M over the phone...sight unseen.

Dumb.