Is Hiding Tracks Instinct or Learned?

Believer57

Traits like track covering/destroying would be a learned skill IMO, I say this because in multiple cases there are track ways found. So it isnt a trait you see in all of the alledged tracks that are discovered. It would imagine, and this is a reaching theory, that the creatures that do hid etheir trial would be the ones whos ancestors had the most interaction with Fist Nations tribes. 

Also if your a seasoned tracker you can generally find disturbances left behind that may not leave deep impressions worthy of study but disturb the leaf litter enough to see where something traversed that the average eye will miss. Often cases, if your experianced in tracking, you'll find that many anomolies you discover in one location often are not anomolies at all but caused by an erratic or startled series of movements by a creature.

Bear in many cases can leave behind a track that looks humaniod with a mid-tarsle break but if you are up to speed on anatomy then there are major tells you'll discover in a bear track. The toes for example are in a rounded arch in the head of the print and the rear heel will have a V shape to it rather than a large rounded heel. Following up on the direction of movement is the number 1 thing everyone in the field needs to do to rule out creatures that are known to science. That is surely made more difficult by any creature that cognitivly hides jts tracks, but those signs should be very readable and studied as well. 

Edited by Skinwalker13
Spelling

I finally re-found the video that I mentioned in post #1 of this thread. It is of a possible Sasquatch jumping from rock to rock to either play or keep footprints out of the snow. Another possibility is that it is a hiker trying to stay off an unknown snow depth. I don't know if hikers do this sort of thing. 

The 8mm video is from 1962 which pre-dates the 1967 PGF. If it is not a hiker, then it could be the first ever Bigfoot video! Any thoughts?

Rocky Mountain Bigfoot Footage from 1962

Edited by Believer57

There's no certainty.     I don't think bigfoot was really on anyone's mind back then to the degree it would need to be to pull off a hoax.     I don't move like that when I cross snow hiking, I just wade in.    I didn't catch what time of year it was filmed.   By later spring in the Cascades, the snow has settled, melted, refrozen, etc enough times it is dense enough to hike on in low top "boots", the only challenge is sufficient traction.    It could be bigfoot, could be misidentification of a hiker.   The film is not of sufficient quality to make any confident determination.

MIB

• 2 weeks later...
BFF Patron
On 1/11/2021 at 8:16 PM, norseman said:

So if Meldrum is doing real science. It’s science.

But if he is saying Bigfoot tracks are real? He is a quack?

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/251678467_Ichnotaxonomy_of_the_Laetoli_trackways_The_earliest_hominin_footprints

We don’t have foot bones from Afarensis. And yet scientists make theories that explain bipedal locomotion that coincides with The tracks and our earliest ancestors.

What are your credentials to discredit scientists findings?

Yes. We need the foot. But the tracks lead to the foot if they are geniune. And a scientist saying some tracks are genuine? Certainly lends to the validity. Yes?

E5DE98FB-7ECF-4069-9739-87EBCD54676C.jpeg

No.......until you have a foot, we're all experts on Bigfeets IMO. Meldrum has discredited himself so many times its sad really.

• Downvote 3

14 minutes ago, Foxhill said:

No.......until you have a foot, we're all experts on Bigfeets IMO. Meldrum has discredited himself so many times its sad really.

He knows more about ancient bipedal locomotion than you and I do x1000. Which would tie in directly to a large unknown bipedal primate, yes?

Meldrum has discredited himself to science because he has taken the subject seriously and found substance to it. Which. Is. Science. Of course whenever he is wrong about something? The critics point it out excitedly. 

Louis Leakey and Calico Hills ring a bell? 

Where Meldrum and I part ways is in collecting a type specimen. But in all fairness I have never seen one let alone had it lined up in my sights. So I guess that leaves Meldrum to study foot casts. I just wish the community would get more proactive about it. That is if you believe there is anything out there to collect.

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron
1 minute ago, norseman said:

He knows more about ancient bipedal locomotion than you and I do x1000. Which would tie in directly to a large unknown bipedal primate, yes?

Meldrum has discredited himself to science because he has taken the subject seriously and found substance to it. Which. Is. Science. Of course whenever he is wrong about something? The critics point it out excitedly. 

Louis Leakey and Calico Hills ring a bell? 

Where Meldrum and I part ways is in collecting a type specimen. But in all fairness I have never seen one let alone had it lined up in my sights. So I guess that leaves Meldrum to study foot casts. I just wish the community would get more proactive about it. That is if you believe there is anything out there to collect.

Sorry to upset you, gotta a little a Bromance going for Meldrum there do ya? 

There's nothing to indicate anything like Bigfoot has ever existed, until then its all fun and games, and we are all experts on this imaginary creature.

That's the whole purpose of this site....we're all right/experts until that big day comes!!  

• Downvote 3

16 minutes ago, norseman said:

I just wish the community would get more proactive about it. That is if you believe there is anything out there to collect

QFT

9 minutes ago, Foxhill said:

.....on this imaginary creature.

Sounds like you're 100% sure on that?

Edited by hiflier

Just now, Foxhill said:

Sorry to upset you, gotta a little a Bromance going for Meldrum there do ya? 

There's nothing to indicate anything like Bigfoot has ever existed, until then its all fun and games, and we are all experts on this imaginary creature.

That's the whole purpose of this site....we're all right/experts until that big day comes!!  

Yah.... me and Meldrum hang out every Sunday after church and watch football.

Nah, nothing EVER in the fossil record that looks anything like a Sasquatch. Might as well be looking for a pink eight headed Hydra!

Hey! If you don’t like the site? I can suggest one for you!

3B8A8C0F-8DB1-458E-9B40-D4EBEE7F6117.jpeg

BFF Patron
4 minutes ago, norseman said:

Yah.... me and Meldrum hang out every Sunday after church and watch football.

Nah, nothing EVER in the fossil record that looks anything like a Sasquatch. Might as well be looking for a pink eight headed Hydra!

Hey! If you don’t like the site? I can suggest one for you!

3B8A8C0F-8DB1-458E-9B40-D4EBEE7F6117.jpeg

LOL....wow back to that.....I like here just fine! 

I feel that at some point certain groups or individuals of Sasquatch have disguised their tracks but I lean More towards the idea that they’re so scarce and spread out that there aren’t that many tracks left in general to then be found. 

I believe there is a breeding population out there scattered amongst North America but the odds of them crossing paths with human travel is just so rare. 

• 2 weeks later...

Driftless added an interesting video last week that asks the question; DO THEY (Bigfoots) ERASE THEIR TRACKS WITH WATER?

• 1 month later...