My Xmas Eve trainwreck

norseman

2 hours ago, hiflier said:

Yep, that came from my novel where some bad guys who were killing the Bigfoots used one to swap out a dead Bigfoot with a bear carcass. It was done to make authorities think there was only bear poaching going on near the Six Rivers National Forest.

A favorite found-footage movie is Troll Hunter. Bears substitute for trolls in this gem.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, norseman said:

Can’t fit the FWC in that. I’m gonna start bolting some AEV parts onto my Dodge soon.

I see, the one you already have and NOT a short wheelbase Jeep...

22 minutes ago, Incorrigible1 said:

A favorite found-footage movie is Troll Hunter. Bears substitute for trolls in this gem.

Good flick! What's not to love about hunting trolls out of a battered Defender 110?!?

Edit to add: Chainsaw--yes, I need to build a suitable storage box for the husky or get a battery powered version. While up in the Book Cliffs of UT early Spring 2 years ago, I was looking for an escape route from 10,000 feet and ice/snow combined with death falls over the edge of the road. Came across one truck, precariously perched at about 45 degrees and ready to roll down 300'. I looked at it for maybe 1/2 hr trying to figure a way to help. Roads were so slick and not a tree or boulder to be had as an anchor. The Rover would have gone down with his truck when it rolled if I tried a tow and I'm fairly certain it would have. Anyway, the "route" out started easy enough, soon turned into moguls then a deep gully not much wider than the narrow Rover and higher than the truck. It wound on for miles like that, no way to turn around anywhere. Then the tree--double leader 22" or so main with an an 18" or so secondary, I had a bow saw and a hatchet. Blew out the passenger side window into my girl's face and tore a wheel flare getting turned around. Bring a chainsaw--CHECK.

Edited by Kiwakwe

1 minute ago, Kiwakwe said:

I see, the one you already have and NOT a short wheelbase Jeep...

Good flick! What's not to love about hunting trolls out of a battered Defender 110?!?

Correct. 

04A88EDC-5CDB-4954-B430-9CB5A5BC2C00.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Glad you are OK. I swear by my inReach. I started out with a month by month plan, but I ended up using it so much, I just went with a yearly plan. I have not had any issues with it here in Alaska. Oddly enough, the only place I had issues getting a signal was in Stevens County Washington. I was in a very thickly wooded area and had a hard time getting a signal. It would work, but generally only on the logging roads, away from the trees.

Earlier this year, I had gone back into and area during breakup and drove through a mud hole, and ended up knocking a hole in my radiator, luckily, it held until I got back to civilization until it began to leak. Had to get a new radiator installed. First time my little "hobby" has cost me money (aside from equipment).

Edited by BeansBaxter78
Typo
  • Upvote 1

On 12/30/2020 at 7:24 PM, norseman said:

That’s the county I live in.

Sweet. I'm going to try and get back there in 2021.

• Upvote 1

Throw in a duffle bag with extra clothes, a bunch of Mainstay bars, a sleeping bag and some water, at least!

So glad you're safe. Be careful, man. I like reading your posts here! Happy new year!

• Upvote 1