Sasquatch Alba Vernix

Believer57

It looks like we have a new name for the white substance on the Bigfoot. Sasquatch Alba Vernix. Soon there will be a description on proper collection techniques. A good way to start 2021!

See Doug Hajicek's post from 1/1/21

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFRO.group/

https://www.olympicproject.com/from-monsterquest-producer-dough-hajicek-wanted-suspected-finger-grease-interview-coming-soon/

Shelly Covington-Montana from the Olympic Project

Edited by Believer57
added info
  • Like 1

That's pretty cool. Makes me think of the images of the "greasy" finger scrapes on the rock that Northwind and Madison showed images of in their Oregon and BF evidence contest posts.

As an added thought, it may place a whole new value on throw rocks, clacked/scored rocks, or strange rock stacks.

Edited by hiflier

8 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

What was the old name?

I have only heard people refer to it before as "white stuff" or "white powder" or "finger grease" or "greasy hands", etc. They were all attempts to describe the substance since there wasn't an official name for it. Having a name for it seems more scientific and a step in the right direction to properly categorize unique aspects of the Sasquatch.

Edited by Believer57

11 minutes ago, Believer57 said:

I have only heard people refer to it before as "white stuff" or "white powder" or "finger grease" or "greasy hands", etc. They were all attempts to describe the substance since there wasn't an official name for it. Having a name for it seems more scientific and a step in the right direction to properly categorize unique aspects of the Sasquatch.

And how do we know it's not just dust?

17 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

And how do we know it's not just dust?

I think the idea is to collect it for analysis instead of possibly discarding it. It may be a unique identifier to the new species. The oily sebum is probably the most important, but who knows. It reminds me of how a duck keeps itself water proof. I wonder if the Sasquatch has a special gland to secrete the sebum or alba vernix?

Edited by Believer57
  • Upvote 1

I think this is misleading....and probably for attention.

Sebum makes sense to me (that they would have that). Sebum is essentially the oil your body produces. Most mammals produce some sort of sebum to protect their skin.

However - what I read in the links infers that the sebum is white and special in that way. How is an oil white? If they said, "they have a lot of sebum and therefore it collects dust easier - we should focus on that", I'd get that. But they specifically said the white stuff was not dust and have even given it a fancy new name.

I think they're purposefully trying to come up with something new for a "wow" and attention factor.

Edited by NatFoot
  • Upvote 1

Pretty cool! So the oily substance on the hand was thicker/more resilient than what you'd expect from a human?

I'd think if I left a handprint on the outside glass of my vehicle - it surely would be rained/baked off over a summer.

Generally speaking, yes? It wasn't like you could make out the specific lines and ridges in the fingers that were present early on, but just sitting there in the camper looking out thru the window even up thru the fall, you could see that a 'hand' had been against the glass there. If that ever happens again, I'll hopefully get into documenting the event far more thoroughly and with longer follow-up. But overall, yes, while the material stuck to the glass washed away within a month or two <?> the image / impression of something handlike remained thru the end of the camping season. It was rather fascinating to look thru the glass many months later and see that you could still identify that a hand had been placed there. That's probably when it dawned on me that it was the oils of the hand doing that.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I got a kick out of Doug Hajicek's posting where he said that they don't like their picture taken but love to feel smooth surfaces like glass. It seems quite true and I wonder if they are trying to look at themselves or through the glass?

@GuyInIndiana

Don't your handprints seem very close apart for a large being to be looking into a window?

Imagine the mechanics of your arms doing the same thing. Now imagine a 7 ft sasquatch doing it. If they were peering in using that method (hands apart, face leaning in, hands not cupped but positioned flat on the camper), I would expect the elbows to naturally splay outwards (think doing a pushup against the camper). If that were the case, the proportions on the distance between handprints seems more human than large beast.

• Upvote 1

I don't know. If I were to walk up to a window that was black, I'd figure I'm not going to be able to see thru it. Considering the one hand is up in the upper left corner and part of the extended digits are up around 80", that seems to be a bit abnormal for any human to walk up to a window and press themselves up to it with the hope of looking into it.

In the case of my daughter's car in 2010, the right hand positioned up on the roof/door frame line, and the left hand being spread out flat on the glass with an awkward splotchy messy swirl of mud roughly between those handprints immediately made me think he put his hands on the car to let him lean down and balance himself so he could try looking in the window. Given that the hand dimension and ratio weren't human, I take them for what they likely are. Those are just my observations of what I found.

1 hour ago, Believer57 said:

I wonder if they are trying to look at themselves or through the glass?

My thought too, though it might mean they have seen themselves reflected back before, such as on a water surface. It may be a bit of a shock for a first timer to see themselves when before they could only see others of their kind. Seeing what their face actually looked like might have been fascinating enough to lean in closer and brace themselves with their hands- maybe to see if they could smell their "twin"? Again this is keeping the idea that they think simply and in ways that they best understand their environments.

@GuyInIndiana leaning down, as well as in, on your camper window makes sense and using one's hands as a brace fits nicely with what you have as a print above the window. All in all, this a new BF dimension to explore further.

On 1/3/2021 at 6:52 AM, NatFoot said:

Sebum makes sense to me (that they would have that). Sebum is essentially the oil your body produces. Most mammals produce some sort of sebum to protect their skin.

However - what I read in the links infers that the sebum is white and special in that way. How is an oil white? If they said, "they have a lot of sebum and therefore it collects dust easier - we should focus on that", I'd get that. But they specifically said the white stuff was not dust and have even given it a fancy new name.

I think they're purposefully trying to come up with something new for a "wow" and attention factor.

I agree. The post mentions "citizen science", but science isn't just making things up. The word sebum is perfectly adequate. If I press fingers on glass, it appears whiteish. Other witnesses have reported very oily prints. These critters are of the earth, sleeping in the dirt, etc. Window peeking is a commonly reported behavior.

I guess I'll tell about my fingerprint find here, nobody else would be interested. A friend was having suspicious activity ~5 years ago, and we found prints on a glass door. It was about 4' high, small triangular nose print, next to a small human sized set of fingerprints, above which was a few even smaller fingerprints. No small humans would have been present. The conclusion was a juvenile with a sibling on it's back had been there. I thought this was something special, so I tried to find a way to document it. The door faced west, and it was very visible up close in sunlight, but nearly impossible to photograph. I covered it to protect it and purchased fingerprint powder online, but needed the right brush. Before I could figure it out, somebody decided to clean the window, gone!

Edited by JKH