Can Bigfoot speak.

Somerset

Apparently they can.  Various people have recorded the gibberish-sounding speech associated with bigfoot.  But only humans can speak so this throws a big monkey wrench into the bigfoot-as-ape theories.  If bigfoot is a derived australopithecine, then either we have to revise our definition of human, incorporate Australopithecus (if they are Australopithecus) into Homo (which is unlikely) or postulate some sort of Australopithecus-Homo interbreeding to account for this.

SSR Team

We are trawling the depths of the red tops there Mr Somerset, but to answer your question, it would appear so !

Get your head in to Ron Morehead and his 'Sierra Sounds'. There's books, documentaries and interviews galore on it, so fill your boots..;)

There have been cases of them speaking English as well. A lady who Wes Germer of Sasquatch Chronicles visited had them calling not only her dog's name but her name as well. It maybe mimicking, as a parrot would do, but they seemed to understand who they were addressing. They would only call the dog's name when she had the dog outside with her. And just the fact that they might be capable of speak English when they chose to is amazing. Wes discovered her husband often called her name from outside when he got home from work so they obviously learned her name from him.

There was another guy on SC who had a similar experience. He thought his friend was trying to scare him in the woods so he called out his name a few times and told him to stop it. The creature pacing him started calling out his friend's name as well. And he swears it laughed after doing it a few times, like it knew it was freaking him out and thought it was funny. That indicates a lot more than just mimicry. 

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron
On 1/31/2021 at 9:24 AM, Henry Stevens said:

Apparently they can.  Various people have recorded the gibberish-sounding speech associated with bigfoot.  But only humans can speak so this throws a big monkey wrench into the bigfoot-as-ape theories.  If bigfoot is a derived australopithecine, then either we have to revise our definition of human, incorporate Australopithecus (if they are Australopithecus) into Homo (which is unlikely) or postulate some sort of Australopithecus-Homo interbreeding to account for this.

Or perhaps, space monkey visitors ala Chewbacca are alive and well in the woods or cyborg versions of such that have an interest in extinct Japanese dialects and Samurai

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bipedalist said:

Or perhaps, space monkey visitors ala Chewbacca are alive and well in the woods or cyborg versions of such that have an interest in extinct Japanese dialects and Samurai

Have you ever listened to the Sierra Sounds cd's ? You might find them interesting, even if you are skeptical of the subject.

4 hours ago, timonsgirl said:

There have been cases of them speaking English as well. A lady who Wes Germer of Sasquatch Chronicles visited had them calling not only her dog's name but her name as well. It maybe mimicking, as a parrot would do, but they seemed to understand who they were addressing. They would only call the dog's name when she had the dog outside with her. And just the fact that they might be capable of speak English when they chose to is amazing. Wes discovered her husband often called her name from outside when he got home from work so they obviously learned her name from him.

There was another guy on SC who had a similar experience. He thought his friend was trying to scare him in the woods so he called out his name a few times and told him to stop it. The creature pacing him started calling out his friend's name as well. And he swears it laughed after doing it a few times, like it knew it was freaking him out and thought it was funny. That indicates a lot more than just mimicry. 

On the subject of mimicking, you should check out the Devil's Creek case that the guys from the OK Talk podcast were covering.

Whatever was in the woods around their house would call to their dogs... using the same cadence that the husband used when calling the dogs in for the night.  They were able to record the vocalizations.  It sounded as if a hearing impaired person was attempting to mimic the husband.

• Upvote 1

Listening to Bear and Coonbo once they told a story of a bigfoot mimicking the word "cheeseburger" from someone yelling to his friends he had the cheeseburgers ready.

SSR Team
7 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

On the subject of mimicking, you should check out the Devil's Creek case that the guys from the OK Talk podcast were covering.

Whatever was in the woods around their house would call to their dogs... using the same cadence that the husband used when calling the dogs in for the night.  They were able to record the vocalizations.  It sounded as if a hearing impaired person was attempting to mimic the husband.

I visited the location of this in 2019, strange (but beautiful and incredibly unique) place no doubt and i forgot all about it with my earlier post.

The 'Layla > Bridget' recordings are some of the most incredible recordings i've heard.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BobbyO said:

I visited the location of this in 2019, strange (but beautiful and incredibly unique) place no doubt and i forgot all about it with my earlier post.

The 'Layla > Bridget' recordings are some of the most incredible recordings i've heard.

That's fascinating.  Did the couple we are talking about it still own it then?  I know that they were in the process of trying to sell it.  I assume that they sold it, and either the new owners are not having any activity or they do not want to go on record about any activity that they may be experiencing.

I found the wife to be one of the most credible sounding witnesses that I have ever heard.  

SSR Team

They did own it then yeah, sold now, all gone.

Funny you should say that too about the new owners, i said that it would be cool if one day in the (near) future that the phone call came to where it came before hand that opened up the line of contact.

I do wonder about the animals themselves though and how they view the changing dynamics of a new situation like that, with new people/vehicles coming and going etc.

It definitely seems they're braver when approaching human habitation when a human female is home alone quite a lot though.