Can Bigfoot speak.

Somerset

I always liked the one where the wife would call the chickens each day "here chickie, chickie". Then one night the husband got out of the car to open the gate in the driveway and hears a deep voice from the bushes "here chickie, chickie". This has always been unsettling to me.

• Upvote 1

SSR Team
12 hours ago, BobbyO said:

I visited the location of this in 2019, strange (but beautiful and incredibly unique) place no doubt and i forgot all about it with my earlier post.

The 'Layla > Bridget' recordings are some of the most incredible recordings i've heard.

Just for clarity's sake, turns out it was summer 2018 that i visited it and not 2019 like i originally said. ;)

On 2/9/2021 at 12:28 PM, BlackRockBigfoot said:

On the subject of mimicking, you should check out the Devil's Creek case that the guys from the OK Talk podcast were covering.

Whatever was in the woods around their house would call to their dogs... using the same cadence that the husband used when calling the dogs in for the night.  They were able to record the vocalizations.  It sounded as if a hearing impaired person was attempting to mimic the husband.

Thanks. I will definitely check that out. I can't begin to imagine how freaked out a person must get when they not only have them on or around their property but then to add them mimicking you in English? I'd be up for visiting a place and experiencing something like this but not outside my back door. These folks are made of stronger stuff than me. I'd be out of there.

On 2/9/2021 at 1:01 PM, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Thanks again for this. I just got done listening to the podcast. Seriously amazing and sometimes creepy. I'm impressed they stayed there as long as they did. Especially the wife, who was there alone much of the time. But, other than some house slapping, those individuals seemed almost friendly. No aggressive behavior towards them or any of their animals over a period of several years.

The combination of their non-aggressive behavior and their mimicry makes me wonder if they were actually quite fond of the couple and if their mimicry was their way of trying to reach out to them, or at least to send the message that they weren't a threat. Kind of like "See, we're just like you". Fascinating stuff!

• Upvote 1

On 2/9/2021 at 6:31 PM, BobbyO said:

Layla > Bridget

What is this, @BobbyO?

FWIW, I would imagine that they could mimic and learn well enough. They seem intelligent. I'm fascinated by the Sierra Sounds and the crypto-linguists who study it. I really need to buy the CD some day. I'd like to hear the whole thing.

Edited by Madison5716

SSR Team

Those were the names of the property owners dogs.

The husband used to call the dogs in every night and use the same way to call them in every night. That same way that he used to call them was picked up one night by a recorder on the property at like 03:00am when he was away on work, by a voice, in the exact same way that he used to call them.

This is the three part series with Donna who owned the property and was obviously one of the two owners of the property ( her and her husband) and is a really good listen.

I can't recall in which episode the specific clip that we are talking about is in i'm afraid.

I'll ask Shane to try to narrow it down and will revert back to the thread.

Donna Interview Part 1

Donna Interview Part 2

Donna Interview Part 3

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
BFF Patron
On 2/9/2021 at 10:18 AM, cromag said:

Have you ever listened to the Sierra Sounds cd's ? You might find them interesting, even if you are skeptical of the subject.

Hah, me skeptical of the subject, I have many recordings of gibberish, animalistic verbalization mashups and a 5 ft upclose nocturnal sighting with multiples (and about six years of intensive research in one area to go with it).  Should have used my sardonic/ironic emoticon obviously. :bye:

And yes I own the Sierra Sounds CD's have listened to Ron Morehead at conferences and have followed Scott Nelson since inception.  I have recorded the same whistle as was picked up 100 miles east of me in NC so I have triangulated some of my research and correlated it regionally too. 

Edited by bipedalist
  • Like 2

BFF Patron
On 2/9/2021 at 7:30 PM, Doug said:

I always liked the one where the wife would call the chickens each day "here chickie, chickie". Then one night the husband got out of the car to open the gate in the driveway and hears a deep voice from the bushes "here chickie, chickie". This has always been unsettling to me.

Hah that one was near the Angeles National Forest in Socal I believe, dude was a psychiatrist or something

2 hours ago, bipedalist said:

Hah, me skeptical of the subject, I have many recordings of gibberish, animalistic verbalization mashups and a 5 ft upclose nocturnal sighting with multiples (and about six years of intensive research in one area to go with it).  Should have used my sardonic/ironic emoticon obviously. :bye:

And yes I own the Sierra Sounds CD's have listened to Ron Morehead at conferences and have followed Scott Nelson since inception.  I have recorded the same whistle as was picked up 100 miles east of me in NC so I have triangulated some of my research and correlated it regionally too. 

Sorry, I didn't catch the sarcasm, but kudos on your recordings and research. Are your recordings somewhere here on the Forums? I'm fascinated by the vocalizations. They seem so alien, but also familiar. 

BFF Patron
On 2/10/2021 at 11:40 PM, timonsgirl said:

Thanks. I will definitely check that out. I can't begin to imagine how freaked out a person must get when they not only have them on or around their property but then to add them mimicking you in English? I'd be up for visiting a place and experiencing something like this but not outside my back door. These folks are made of stronger stuff than me. I'd be out of there.

Hah, and I thought their imitation of my snoring was freaky!