younger dryas and bigfoot

Doodler

One of the reasons I suspect this whole theory could be true is that we can say things like "never in the history of homo sapiens sapiens has it ever been the only bipedal mammal."

In fact, there's a neat little chart in this Bob Gymlan video 

It clearly shows how often multiple species shared the earth. And the statement he makes about people who think we are alone now when we haven't been for our entire history being like believing the earth is flat is spot on.

• Upvote 2

Yep, and that nice space between Chimps and Ardipithicus is where I've been trying to place Patty's ancestors. It would mean that an early section along the beginning of that angled black line would have to show a new Last Common Ancestor before leading to another split, with Sasquatches-->Patty going one way, and Ardipithicus-->Modern Humans the other. Both lines would eventually become 100% bipedal. But only one would get to build, and then sit in, the International Space Station..

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Trogluddite said:

^^

AHA!  That is it.  Although, I do believe that I read this story somewhere other than your signature line!  Thank you very much!

This book by former Geology professor David Alt is an excellent resource:

1941769854_61QyFsyAr2L._SX332_BO1204203200_.jpg.b9609b6fc09bce9e9f6a5cf74e53a1ba.jpg

Here is the link to the book on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Glacial-Lake-Missoula-Humongous-Floods/dp/0878424156/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3PVDWHVYFB5BH&dchild=1&keywords=glacial+lake+missoula+and+its+humongous+floods&qid=1613529100&sprefix=glacial+lake+miss,digital-text,261&sr=8-1

At its highest level, Lake Missoula held an estimated 500 cubic miles of water. When it breached the glacier damming the Clark Fork River in Northern Idaho, all of that water was released over an estimated three day period across Eastern Washington. I was so sudden and wide spread that likely nothing living in its path survived. My wife and I have driven over a good portion of the floods path from the source to many of the parts of Washington that were reconfigured by the deluge.

The panorama below is from photos I took at the Dry Falls in central Washington in 2013. It was formed by the floods as Glacial Lake Missoula emptied and refilled, possibly dozens of times towards the end of the last ice age. The insert is a scale photo of Horseshoe Falls to indicate the extent of the flood waters over Dry Falls.

1704541306_FallsComparison.thumb.jpg.eceafa65126b4262dea21945fbe62cd2.jpg

The next photo is an overview of the area form Google Earth with Spokane in the upper right and Moses Lake just right of center at the bottom. The tiny bright green bar left of center about 1\4 of the way to the top is the extent of the panorama. The large swaths of brownish gray are areas eroded by the ancient floods, leaving small remnant lakes dotted across the landscape, and show that only a portion of the waters passed over the Dry Falls.

Overview.thumb.jpg.5dda9cbed4753e138bc23444cab2e4a0.jpg

The last photo is a closer view, again the green line indicates the area covered in the panorama with the tiny gold bar indicating the area of the Horseshoe Falls insert in the Panorama.

1941111909_BirdsEyeView.thumb.jpg.b255b7486a034ecda4eaf864e3bc6c8f.jpg

I've been driving through some of these areas since the mid 1950's as we drove from Helena to visit family in and around the Seattle area. My dad first stopped at the Dry Falls when I was about six and explained what we knew about it at the time, that it was an ancient waterfall. I still marvel at the fascinating, harsh but beautiful landscape and imagine the tremendous powers that created it every time we pass through.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I don't know much about the topic but just watched this talk of Michael Cremo. I think he's asking good questions and bringing up relative points but as I said, what do I know. Chime in if you know something about the credibility of his findings.

1087580034_ScreenShot2021-02-19at6_08_32PM.thumb.png.1d77aaf9b36590b1a451e25f06ced9cf.png

• Thanks 1

On 2/12/2021 at 10:41 PM, Doodler said:

You all probably know this, the Younger Dryas is a period in our geologic past prior to the last ice age and there is credible, and more accepted every year, evidence of a global catastrophe, more specifically a comet or meteor impact, possibly in Greenland but also with secondary impacts all over the Northern hemisphere causing an extinction level event.  There are regular discoveries of evidence appearing as far as Antarctica in the layer around 12,800 years ago, where exotic material levels spike like carbon materials that don't exist in other layers, like micro diamonds, and char as well as radical differences in other materials like platinum. This evidence is well documented, published in journals such as Nature and peer reviewed papers world wide. This is becoming more and more mainstream, and I believe as evidence mounts, it'll be commonly accepted fact that this was the trigger that killed off most megafauna and possibly triggered the ice age, but also wiped out nearly all human civilization on the planet at the time.

The rapid rise in sea level is thought to give rise to the nearly global biblical flood myth.

I have studied the Young Dryas extensively as the comet impact made some impressive impacts in my backyard called the Carolina Bays.  If you study their orientation you will see that the comet rained hell across NA from the NW to the SE before landing in the Atlantic and pretty much wiped out the Caribean (see Bimini rd) and some belive Atlantis.  Not buying in to the Atlantic argument but do believe it could be the source Noah's Ark.  A lot of the amazing feature in NA from Washington to NY including the finger lakes of NY are a result of this strike and the massive flood from released water that resulted.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolina_bays

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, NCBFr said:

I have studied the Young Dryas extensively as the comet impact made some impressive impacts in my backyard called the Carolina Bays.  If you study their orientation you will see that the comet rained hell across NA from the NW to the SE before landing in the Atlantic and pretty much wiped out the Caribean (see Bimini rd) and some belive Atlantis.  Not buying in to the Atlantic argument but do believe it could be the source Noah's Ark.  A lot of the amazing feature in NA from Washington to NY including the finger lakes of NY are a result of this strike and the massive flood from released water that resulted.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolina_bays

that's where I live basically, Finger Lakes. Many valleys run parallel too, not just the ones with lakes in them and there's small examples too in drumlins, are all over here. They're fun to drive east/west because they're wavy. The bigger hills that border the finger lakes are too large to get a kick out of driving across them, except for the scenery.

• 3 weeks later...

I did not know this, but this podcast came out two weeks before I posted the original post.  Wild & Weird West Virginia covered this in detail, very entertaining.

Subscribed. Liked. Click the Bell Icon, LOL. These are very fun to listen to. I'll have to dig more and look for the photos they talk about in their podcast.

• 4 weeks later...

I watched the show below on Amazon Prime yesterday and it had an interesting connection between ancient advanced builders and the Younger Dryas time period. It is currently free to watch. It sites many examples and raises some good questions about possible advanced civilizations in our past. I was never comfortable with many of today's explanations on how ancient structures across the world could have been built with such accuracy, precision, and using a metric system. It was a good watch, introduced me to the Younger Dryas period, and, opened my mind to new possibilities!

BAM Builders of the Ancient Mysteries

The interesting thing regarding the subject of ancient stone workings is that the tools that archeologists have found and supposedly used by the ancient builders were "softer" than the kind of stone artifacts that they were supposedly creating. We don't need to go into getting the stones transported and fitted. The archeologists, of course, have those "answers" as well.

Edited by hiflier

Yeah, I agree. It reminds me of the Bigfoot world where "things just don't add up". 

I have opened my mind to the possibility of there being different types of BFs and that at least one of them may be related to or remnants of an ancient civilization.

4 minutes ago, Believer57 said:

.....It reminds me of the Bigfoot world where "things just don't add up".......

Yeah, there certainly is some of that.

Cremo is a lot easier to read than take it all in while listening. His ideas are fascinating but so far outside the lines. It's almost like you need a background in ancient eastern religious themes to grasp it all.

On 2/19/2021 at 3:18 PM, Kiwakwe said:

I don't know much about the topic but just watched this talk of Michael Cremo. I think he's asking good questions and bringing up relative points but as I said, what do I know. Chime in if you know something about the credibility of his findings.

1087580034_ScreenShot2021-02-19at6_08_32PM.thumb.png.1d77aaf9b36590b1a451e25f06ced9cf.png

8 hours ago, Believer57 said:

I watched the show below on Amazon Prime yesterday and it had an interesting connection between ancient advanced builders and the Younger Dryas time period. It is currently free to watch. It sites many examples and raises some good questions about possible advanced civilizations in our past. I was never comfortable with many of today's explanations on how ancient structures across the world could have been built with such accuracy, precision, and using a metric system. It was a good watch, introduced me to the Younger Dryas period, and, opened my mind to new possibilities!

BAM Builders of the Ancient Mysteries

Just watched the documentary today. Very interesting.