Bigfoot - What is it?

Believer57

Bigfoot - What is it?  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Here are some further selection details as they become needed.

Gigantopithecus - an extinct (or thought to be) genus of ape from the Early to Middle Pleistocene of southern China. We'll consider this category is also for Relict hominids.

Human/Ape Hybrid - DNA samples along with witness accounts have suggested this possibility.

Human/Alien Hybrid - Witness accounts (a.k.a. The Supernatural Sasquatch) have many unexplained traits and happenings.

Several of the above - Bigfoots may fall into several of the categories above.

Other - I have other ideas on what a Bigfoot could be.

Edited by Believer57
added info

• Believer57 changed the title to Bigfoot - What is? it
  • Believer57 changed the title to Bigfoot - What is it?

I selected "Other".

My thinking is that Sasquatch developed it's own lineage from a Last Common Ancestor. It means that Chimps didn't split from Homo but instead split from a different primate species. Chimps went one way and the "new" primate went another. After a couple of million years the "new" LCA developed a better more bipedal characteristic and then split to gave rise to two new lines. Sasquatch and Homo. Both lines, evolving in parallel, created many branches of which Sasquatch may still have two or three subspecies still extant. Homo did the same of which Modern Humans are all that is left. Since their Last Common Ancestor was bipedal that trait continued to develop in both the Sasquatch and Homo lineages. Homo, of course, got the better brain which happened at the split- and may have even been the cause of the split rather than a later result of the split.

There are many small details that have led me to this hypothesis that collectively point to this being how Humans and the creature are so similar anatomically as well as genetically. Or course, only a good physical sample scientifically studied could verify any of this.

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Hominid, probably unknown.

This.  Or a relic offshoot of a hominid type that we have previously discovered.

Admin

Other, a relict hominoid.

• Upvote 1

The results were even more interesting than I expected. I did expect the "Other" category to be popular, but it is clearly the dominant choice.

Educate me, please. How is "hybrid" even a viable option? Aren't hybrids generally sterile? Are hybrids considered a species? Thanks in advance.