Interview of Daniel Perez by Cliff Barackman and Bobo Fay

Daniel Perez

1 hour ago, Believer57 said:

Just an FYI that you already started a thread on your interview here. Please try not to spam. Thanks!

Such are the perils of gratuitous self-promotion without any previous forum participation in months.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Such are the perils of gratuitous self-promotion without any previous forum participation in months.

4 hours ago, hiflier said:

It's still better than talking to one's self.....barely ;)

Not necessarily. At least I pay attention to myself.  

Edited by BlackRockBigfoot
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

As the official co-spammer of BFF, I pay attention to both BRB and me.

I would love for winter to end and we get some new news in the BF world. Of course, this pitch is just another "Chief" wishing an "Indian" would shoot something. (Video, of course)

Even my man, Justin Chernipeski, is squeezing is old video footage dry to the point where I have gotten bored with MBM. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, hiflier said:

It's still better than talking to one's self.....barely ;)

What, that's a bad thing?

No, its not don't listen to him.

Can we have this discussion some other time?

Quiet he'll hear us.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Believer57 said:

As the official co-spammer of BFF, I pay attention to both BRB and me.

I would love for winter to end and we get some new news in the BF world. Of course, this pitch is just another "Chief" wishing an "Indian" would shoot something. (Video, of course)

Even my man, Justin Chernipeski, is squeezing is old video footage dry to the point where I have gotten bored with MBM. 

We go out non-stop during winter...just because there are no people out in these mountains. Less potential noise interference.. and maybe these things feel more comfortable running around with fewer people.  They still have to eat.  

We were up in the mountains of North Carolina for 4 days last week.  The Blue Ridge Parkway has been closed for awhile, so we may or may not have gotten up into the surrounding areas.  Rain and fog the entire time.  I am still cleaning mud off of our gear days later.

We actually take the hottest weeks of the year off...when it's super hot and humid it's just impossible to operate.  The thermal is next to useless, the cameras fog up, you can't stay hydrated rucking your gear.  

Winter is our time to shine.  

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Believer57 said:

As the official co-spammer of BFF....

Hmmm, not only does this one talk to himself he also self-elects ;) That's okay, I'm gunning for BFF Science Officer :)

And...uh....I'm talking to myself, too, apparently, LOL.

And that Trog character has obviously flipped out

No he hasn't

Yes he has

NO he HASN'T!

Edited by hiflier

12 minutes ago, Believer57 said:

He seems like a decent fella so this isn't a criticism. More of a critique. Has MBM ever filmed anything that would qualify as BF research? What i have seen is endless footage of him talking (that doesn't grab me but perhaps for others it works). He's a skilled outdoorsman, survivalist, what have you but there nothing going on. What i see is a guy with a camera that publishes "documentaries" on Amazon (are there 3 or 4 or more?), that frankly seem to exist because the guy is skilled enough to thread together his monologues. That's a skill. Most wandering talkers would just toss up whatever to YouTube and call it something.

So what is the value of MBM over say, listening to this Daniel Perez interview?

Edited by Arvedis