The Wine Berry Site

Skinwalker13

Here is the list of foragables just in a small corner of the property. 

Wine Berries, black berries, raspberries, mulberries, huckleberries, ground cherries, at least 15 species of edible mushroom, oak nuts, hickory nuts, hazel nuts, black walnuts, chestnuts, beach nuts, yellow root, ginseng, rosehips, mountian lorals, water lilly root.

Steadily available protein sources: deer, squirrel, skunk, raccoon, opossum, salamanders, frogs, turtles, crayfish, creek chubs.

• Upvote 2

Hey Skinwalker, you got a box turtle in your third pic. He’s lost some scutes around the edge of the shell. Is that just the shell of a dead turtle, or is he alive? I see what looks like his head out and turned to the left, but that could be an illusion due to a leaf or something. Cool shot, with the footprint next to the turtle.

@Skinwalker13

Your foot cast loos like it has six toes on it. Am I looking at that correct. That area looks beautiful with that mist on the floor. I love tracking in that stuff. I love it even more when it is snowing and you are out in the middle of the woods in pines. Love going down unto the valleys though. Seems like you have a great project ahead for your self. I look forward to seeing your evidence.

Wolfjewel

Never even noticed that turtle in that track. Little guy was well camo'ed out.

Nice cast. I like that you can go out in the woods at this point in winter and be in touch with the forest floor.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Wolfjewel said:

Hey Skinwalker, you got a box turtle in your third pic. He’s lost some scutes around the edge of the shell. Is that just the shell of a dead turtle, or is he alive? I see what looks like his head out and turned to the left, but that could be an illusion due to a leaf or something. Cool shot, with the footprint next to the turtle.

It was hammered open using a stone or something. No chewing marks just blunt force. Couod have been a bird drop but nothing was hard enough to bust it in the area it was found. I kept the shell as well.

3 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

Nice cast. I like that you can go out in the woods at this point in winter and be in touch with the forest floor.

This was the first day available in weeks where that was possible here. We got pretty lucky. Our early spring is starting to take hold now this time of year though so we likely won't have to deal with any more heavy snows this year.

4 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

@Skinwalker13

Your foot cast loos like it has six toes on it. Am I looking at that correct?  

That was an area of over pour, i noticed the channel that was there and used it to aid in cast retrieval. Due to the grass and poor casting conditions, I wanted to make sure I had every advantage I could while trying to remove it. I'll highlight the edge 

1005773875_received_29216869981029242.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

SSR Team
16 hours ago, Skinwalker13 said:

Here is the list of foragables just in a small corner of the property. 

Wine Berries, black berries, raspberries, mulberries, huckleberries, ground cherries, at least 15 species of edible mushroom, oak nuts, hickory nuts, hazel nuts, black walnuts, chestnuts, beach nuts, yellow root, ginseng, rosehips, mountian lorals, water lilly root.

Steadily available protein sources: deer, squirrel, skunk, raccoon, opossum, salamanders, frogs, turtles, crayfish, creek chubs.

Thanks for sharing Skin, but do me a favor please next time you're up there, take a pic of the huckleberry and add it to the thread please ?

I'll explain the reasoning in due course.

SW13, you mention in one of your posts above that you got lucky. I say (like some famous person long ago) that the harder you work the luckier you get. Nice job, great pics, and way to go to get out there, staying on the trail. Nice work.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• gigantor featured this topic
3 hours ago, Skinwalker13 said:

If any one is interested in the the episode we recorded for the podcast heres a link: https://www.wildandweirdwv.com/podcast/episode/4c328091/bigfoot-investigation-wineberry-site

The time lapse animation looks awesome on your front page!

The editors of Bigfootery Today magazine have added you to the top influencers tracker.

You have comfortably surpassed Rictor, who would actually be ranked much higher if he did not use his social media channels for mostly nonsense.  But not quite enough enough to surpass Russell Acord. Right now, Wild and Weird West Virginny needs a lot more YT subscribers to be a serious player but stats are looking good at this early stage. I would like to say bonus points for not having a twitter feed but it's kinda needed to compete with the rest of the field.

2021-03-08 17_17_42-Window.jpg

Edited by Arvedis
  • Upvote 1

• gigantor pinned this topic
  • gigantor unpinned this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic