Does Bigfoot Migrate?

Henry Stevens

Evidently the How Does Bigfoot Find a Mate did not go over well so what about this topic?  Usually, the larger the animal the greater its range. Does bigfoot just mill about in his range or does he seasonally migrate?  This new bigfoot TV show and their alleged algorithm seems to be implying a migration and their methodology seems to be to try to put investigators on the spot of that migration.  Is this valid?  

Why would a bigfoot migrate?  Seasonal food, a mate, wanderlust, what?  How far?  Somebody mentioned hundreds of miles.  What do you think of this and why?

• Downvote 2

For starters The "algorithm" isnt really a computer driven algorithm, its information that was mined from folks like myself and other field investigators who used to be friends with the folks on the show. 

IMO, there is a migration that can be tracked but its not like the migration of buffalo or other large species that can be hit with pinpoint accuracy. Much of it depends on then berries come on, clean water availability, other animals being driven to water like reptiles and amphibian breeding seasons, mushroom availability, and the rut seasons for deer, all, and moose. The rut is the most predictable of all of  these, berry failure can influence the move and habitation of an area, mushroom flushes hit at various times through the entire year. So the migration, at least in the east is quite erratic and has seasonal variations to moving patterns. For example, we have one location that is hot only durring the rut, and another that yields some activity now-may then it dies off till August when the rains and mushroom flush start to kick off. That location has reported activity all the way into December. 

• Upvote 4

This whole field of study is one bundle of questions without answers. It's all, literally all, one huge shrug after another. If it wasn't, they wouldn't be a cryptid the field would be dominated by journal articles and national geographic specials on PBS all about the species.

• Upvote 1

While I agree with Doodler above, I do think they follow the food.

Something that big can't afford to sit around and wait for food to come to it; they must seek it out.

A lot of sightings around here are near water. I'd bet fish play a large role in filling their bellies.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Madison5716 said:

A lot of sightings around here are near water. I'd bet fish play a large role in filling their bellies.

I'd bet so as well.

I have a couple related thoughts on that, though.    The herbivores come to water .. they have to drink.   Water presents ambush opportunities.   Moreover, with their heads down drinking, vision is briefly obscured, and if it is running water, their hearing is dulled.    All in all, using water as "bait" presents good opportunities for an ambush hunter.    It may not be so obvious where you have tons of water, but in drier areas, it becomes even more effective.     And just to beat ye olde dead horse a little more, most places they want campers to stay back 100 yards or more from the water, not just for contamination, but also to allow animals access to drink.

MIB

If bigfoot moves only to find food then we are back to what does it eat.  I once lived in a Sequoia forest.  We had five kinds of berries maturing from about August 1st to October.  Naturally we had tons of black bears so many that they would walk down the streets at night and crap all over my driveway.  But no bigfoot.  Bigfoot was only east of there in a mid-Sierra type forest.

• 1 year later...

The movie Jaws sums up this idea well:

The shark in Jaws goes where its' needs are supplied and then moves on.   I would think a potential Bigfoot would be this way as well be it food, mating and so on.

-------------------------------------

Brody: Is it true that most people get attacked by sharks in three feet of water about ten feet from the beach?

Hooper: Yeah.

Brody: And that... and that before people started to swim for recreation - I mean before sharks knew what they were missing - that a lot of these attacks weren't reported?

Hooper: That's right.

Brody: Now this shark that... that... that swims alone...

Hooper: Rogue.

Brody: What's it called?

HooperBrody: [together] Rogue.

Brody: Rogue, yeah. Now this guy, he... he keeps swimmin' around in a place where the feeding is good until the food supply is gone, right?

Hooper: It's called "territoriality". It's just a theory that I happen to... agree with.

Brody: Then why don't we have one more drink and go down and cut that shark open?

Ellen Brody: Martin? Can you do that?

Brody: I can do anything; I'm the chief of police.

-----------------------------------------

Basically, we complicate all these Bigfoot Q too much.    If bigfoot is real it is an 'thing' like a person or an animal that would have basic needs and act on those needs.    This is spelled out in Silence of the Lambs:

--------------------------------------------

Hannibal Lecter: First principles, Clarice. Simplicity. Read Marcus Aurelius. Of each particular thing ask: what is it in itself? What is its nature? What does he do, this man you seek?

---------------------------------------------

What does Bigfoot do/ need/ require?   Apart from a random encounter, understanding that with any degree of certainty is the only way to catch him.

Edited by Backdoc
  • Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

I think they do and I know of two different places.  First is West of Cache Ok.  There are about 5 white bigfoot who start being sighted in Nov or December until March of the next year.  I have no idea where they go in the summer.

The other is north of Lorado Tx.  I know a rancher who has lived on land passed from generation to generation, and he told me about Nov Bigfoot and signs of Bigfoot would show up on his land.  First would be the road would be blocked by huge trees that he would have to take his tractor and removed in the Spring.  It is on the Nueces River and there is a waterfall that always has fish.  He can hear a baby crying in the woods some years.  There trail ran close to his house and when he had small kids he put up a fence so they would stay away from the house.  He also told me the story of he had a door that had to be slammed to shut it, an some of the times he would hear a wood knock when he slammed the door.  Like Cache Ok they would disappear about March.    He will not allow any reseraching on his land and he believes the land is their land and they just let us use it.

Yet there are lot of places the same Bigfoot that are seen all year around, so not all Bigfoot migrate.

• 3 weeks later...
SSR Team

Movement > Migration in the very sense of the word.

The report i released for the Olympic Project nest area suggests that in 2021 at least, they don't 'migrate' anywhere, they seem to at the very most move away from the area for a few days or so then return to it.

A 'circuit' kind of thing maybe ? At least that what it appears to be in that area, different areas could yield different results of course as they may have different needs etc.