Do you think most BFs have seen a human?

Moonface

Splendid question!

I'm sure toddler sasquatch are taught to avoid the hairless ones, but a safe means to have them actually get eyes on a human could be a hazardous endeavor. Yet vitally necessary for survival. I think young squatch would be taught about vehicles, horses, airplanes, guns, tents, buildings, and many other items they need to approach with utmost caution. Would love to sit in with an interpreter and observe such instruction.

Given the obvious circumstantial evidence they exist, it seems they would know much more about us than we do about them in order to avoid detection.   I would guess they are aware and watching if we are in the woods.

Edited by Simonite
  • Upvote 1

SSR Team

I wouldn't say that 'most' of the the Canadian and Alaskan ones see humans often, no, but i'd be willing to say that 'most' have laid eyes on a human at least once even if hopefully for them, never again.

Admin

Please clarify the question. Are you meaning seeing people hiking through the forest, camping, fishing, hunting, etc., or just standing on the bluff and watching the cars go by on the interstate a mile away? In other words, a fairly close interaction (even if it is unknown at the time to the humans involved), or a distant awareness of humans?

I would say no to the first part and probably to the second. And I agree with Bobby, the ones in the boondocks of Canada and Alaska probably have had little, if any, interactions, with the possible exception of an aircraft flying overhead, with humans. Those in the CONUS are probably all too aware of humans and their activities. I would say almost all of them have had at least some type of contact with humankind, even if it is only crossing a road or watching cars pass by.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, VAfooter said:

Please clarify the question. Are you meaning seeing people hiking through the forest, camping, fishing, hunting, etc., or just standing on the bluff and watching the cars go by on the interstate a mile away? In other words, a fairly close interaction (even if it is unknown at the time to the humans involved), or a distant awareness of humans?

I was meaning fairly close sightings rather than a vague distant awareness.

Admin

A complicated question then. I think it is definitely going to depend on location, along with other factors as well. Those in the eastern part of the country probably have had an encounter or two. Those out west, maybe not so much given the geography and vastness of the wilderness spaces. Just a wild guess, 85%+ in the east, maybe 45-60% out west. Like I said, a wild guess with absolutely no data to back it up; just a gut feeling.

I think that if in range of human activity , yes. They might educate their young about the short hairless ones.