How do Bigfoots Disappear?

Believer57

Hi,

I'm curious about the reports I have seen on how Bigfoots have a tendency to disappear and reappear. These are some of the possibilities that I have read.

• Underground
  • Portals
  • Bending Light (Predator movie style)
  • Mental Vision Loss

Underground - There have been reports from Native Americans that believe the Sasquatch goes under ground. This reminded me of the "Missing 411 - The Hunted" documentary. The first scenario was about an old hunter that disappeared in the Adirondacks while in a hunting party. One of the other hunters mentioned that he thought he heard a sound like a "trap door" opening and closing. The old hunter and all his belongings were never found.

Portals - There have been many reports of this scenario to the point that they shouldn't be ignored.

Bending Light - Again, many reports from people seeing a Predator-like distortion in the woods or trees. This scenario was also seen in the "Missing 411 - The Hunted" documentary.

Mental Vision Loss - There was a report on a military base (I think it was Steve Isdahl's - The Facts) where the guy could see the Sasquatch on a video monitor near the road but the guys in the jeep just drove right by him. There have also been many reports of people sensing something near them and even hearing noise or breathing but could not see anything.

I would love to hear what members think about these scenarios or any others that may help Bigfoot seem to disappear.

I'd also be weary of Steve's channel, I'm suspicious of a lot of the reports he's getting in nowadays. How can you truly vet the person if they're being truthful or making up a story online, in text, without seeing them and getting to know them personally. You can make a convincing fake story. Not to mention that if you even bring a hint of this up to him he goes on the defense immediately with name calling and downright aggressive responses, it's kinda sad to see him go down this path because I genuinely was intrigued by his channel not too long ago.  

I think a lot of that, like the Jeep passing by, are just cases of people not being fully aware and looking in the right area at the right time. Hell, I work at a bank and I cannot tell you how many times people don't notice a sign that's right in front of their faces.

Also, like Bears, who can walk silently within the underbrush with their padded feet, Sasquatch are incredibly stealthy and likely have the layout of their area down pat meaning they already have an escape route in mind when silently observing you. Stealth is incredibly easy when you aren't being searched and when you have an unfair upper hand in traversing your environment. 

Hell, maybe Infrasound is being used by these large animals to disorient people. 

Edited by Marty

1 hour ago, Believer57 said:

I'm curious about the reports I have seen on how Bigfoots have a tendency to disappear and reappear.

I've seen reports of Bigfoot wearing a shirt. I've seen a report of one smoking a cigarette. I also know 90% of the Bigfoot reports are pure, unadulterated BS.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

I am still waiting for them to appear 🙃 

Lol!

7 hours ago, Believer57 said:

Underground - There have been reports from Native Americans that believe the Sasquatch goes under ground. This reminded me of the "Missing 411 - The Hunted" documentary. The first scenario was about an old hunter that disappeared in the Adirondacks while in a hunting party. One of the other hunters mentioned that he thought he heard a sound like a "trap door" opening and closing. The old hunter and all his belongings were never found. 

I've always thought the implication of the trap door in the Tom Messick case was that it was from a UFO or the snapping shut of a portal entrance. Remember, his lifelong friend who heard a trap door shut was several hundred yards away. I simple trap door on an underground location would be very difficult to hear from that distance. Moreover, there were others in the party who were closer to Messick and they never heard a thing. I don't ever recall them alluding to or suggesting something underground. 

I could be wrong but it's a case I've followed closely and know a fair amount about.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Believer57 said:

Bending Light - Again, many reports from people seeing a Predator-like distortion in the woods or trees. This scenario was also seen in the "Missing 411 - The Hunted" documentary.

This is one of the more frightening scenarios. If something has Predator capabilities, a 454 Casull or 45-70 isn't going to help defensively. The one case discussed at the end of the book, Missing 411: The Hunted, involved two very credible individuals and issues science can't explain. I think about this possibility and it is very unsettling to me especially being out alone.

• Like 1

Probably the same way a deer or a heard of 25 elk can disappear with very little trace almost before your eyes as they have done to me many times. All I can come up with is that it is the same force that allows one sock a week to disappear from the dryer.   Magic?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Doug said:

Probably the same way a deer or a heard of 25 elk can disappear with very little trace almost before your eyes as they have done to me many times. All I can come up with is that it is the same force that allows one sock a week to disappear from the dryer.   Magic?

Yes, both good examples of "apparent" disappearance. This may be the more likely scenario for most cases.

11 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

This is one of the more frightening scenarios. If something has Predator capabilities, a 454 Casull or 45-70 isn't going to help defensively. The one case discussed at the end of the book, Missing 411: The Hunted, involved two very credible individuals and issues science can't explain. I think about this possibility and it is very unsettling to me especially being out alone.

I agree. I also think that Dave Paulides does a great job with his investigations and reporting.

Separating the wheat from the chaff is not always easy in the BF world but I think there are credible witnesses, stories, reporting, and evidence that we can apply scientific methods to tilt either toward truth or fiction.

• Upvote 1

They don't "disappear".

Humans, and really all animals, have no chance to process all visual stimulus thrown at us, we don't really even try. Your brain fills in details where there are none, and your brain excludes details where they exist. Ask any motorcyclist.

You ignore your nose, your glasses, your A pillars in your vehicle, your eyelashes. You fill in everything that's not in a small circle in the middle of your vision. When you scan left, right, up or down, you skip over whole chunks of vision and your brain fills in details from other times you've scanned that space, and miss new details.

An animal that stops moving is often lost to background. Anecdotally, I bore down on a deer once with my bow and when drawn up, right eye looking through the peep sight and the other open, I could not see the deer standing about 15' in front of me. It disappeared. She had simply stopped moving when I drew, and there was no indication that she was anything other than background weeds. Disappeared completely. I thought she had noped out so I blinked and pulled the bow away to draw it down, and then she bolted. My brain made it appear that she just magically appeared standing right where she was, and sprung as if fired out of a hole in the ground.

Reports of a bigfoot disappearing in the woo-sense, lend credence to the theory that the phenomena is mental. As in, the dark scary thing in the woods archetype that exists only in your brain and genetics hard coded to see dark shapes.

• Upvote 2

Haha, our two just sank down into the ground cover shrubbery and it was scarier NOT seeing them than seeing them, because they could have been army crawling ANYWHERE!

Great comments!

I remember trying to point out a rabbit to my wife in our backyard. It had used the tree trunk behind to "disappear" when it heard a noise it didn't like. Nature's stealth mode.

There was a video from a decade or so ago in the Olympic region of Washington State that showed the BF's head just above ground behind some brush as it was standing in a creek bed to hide his body.

Cheers!

What is that quote? Arthur C. Clarke was it? Something about how any technology has the ability to be perceived as magic by the primitive mind?  That. You can look at historical accounts of Europeans who were making first contact with a race of people in North America, people who had lived in the natural environment for their entire lives and had all the learned skills and instincts that come with that. I'm sure them seeing an Indian "manifest" a fish by snatching it from a stream with their bare hands evoked the same awe that some BF observers have related. Doesn't make it magic, or portal use, or shape-shifting, or whatever the theory du jour is.  Just means that they are really, really dialed in to their environments and have crazy skills and perception that appears to be supernatural. 

The sound heard by Tom Messick's hunting partner has always intrigued me, as it has many others. It may be  explained as a pressure wave generated by infra-sound, being perceived as something close to a door or  trap closing. The mind, when confronted with unknown stimuli will also try to catalogue it under the heading of something known. Without confirmation that the original impression was wrong, it is always going to be described that way by the listener.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1