Bob Titmus story

norseman

I had never heard this story before, as Bob Titmus passed away years before I met the local Harrison crew, so I called Thomas, who I know had been friends with Bob T in the last decade of his life, and Thomas recalled Bob telling him the same story about this close, but non visual encounter. That would have been a terrifying experience!

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Can't find the source now but pretty sure Titmus is the guy that was caught taking women's hygiene products from restrooms so he could test "pheremone theories in his field research.

This guy was the odd man out and did not have the respect of other researchers. No one wanted his collection of casts when he passed away so a random researcher took them. I think it was Will Jevning.

Also, Titmus mistook horse droppings for BF scat. Source is Loren Coleman's book on Tom Slick expeditions.

Edited by Arvedis

1 hour ago, Arvedis said:

Can't find the source now but pretty sure Titmus is the guy that was caught taking women's hygiene products from restrooms so he could test "pheremone theories in his field research.

This guy was the odd man out and did not have the respect of other researchers. No one wanted his collection of casts when he passed away so a random researcher took them. I think it was Will Jevning.

Also, Titmus mistook horse droppings for BF scat. Source is Loren Coleman's book on Tom Slick expeditions.

It’s been mentioned before that John Greene had a falling out with Titmus over his habit of hanging up used feminine hygiene products.  

No clue whether that’s true or not, but it’s one of those weird pieces of Bigfoot lore that sticks in your mind.

28 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

It’s been mentioned before that John Greene had a falling out with Titmus over his habit of hanging up used feminine hygiene products.  

No clue whether that’s true or not, but it’s one of those weird pieces of Bigfoot lore that sticks in your mind.

John Green seemed like the nicest guy, totally sincere with his research efforts. Still, he had falling outs with his peers like Dahinden and Titmus.  Maybe it's the same as today. Everybody in bigfoot research has a falling out with each other!

I  think one of the reasons John Green may have had an issue with Bob is that "Robert Titmouse," as Peter Byrne spelled it in his book, shook down Byrne and Tom Slick, promising to lead them to a place where they would encounter a Bigfoot. "Robert" kept the two men on the hook (while on retainer!) for a year and never delivered the goods. It's kind of a strange story over all but I know that Bob Titmus and Robert Titmouse have to be the same guy because Mr. Byrne also said that "Robert" had a taxidermy shop near Redding, CA. So....same guy.

Edited by hiflier

Byrne, Dahinden, Krantz and Green never delivered the goods either. I’m not bashing anyone. Just stating facts.

And they didn’t really get along either. So anything said about people associated with Bigfooting back then should be taken with a grain of salt.

Krantz was the biggest proponent of pro kill. And then probably Green. Dahinden flipped his stance. And Byrne never was.... So that’s how I would rank them in my eyes. Krantz was hyper aware that without physical evidence the whole affair was dead in the water.

16 minutes ago, norseman said:

.... And Byrne never was [pro kill].... 

are you sure about that?  He was a big game hunter all the way. What other angle would he have had?

Edited by Arvedis

Byrne was indeed a big game hunter and ran safaris in Nepal. But he had an experience that changed him and went on to set up a wildlife conservation outfit, again in Nepal before coming to the states. He had a client on safari that wounded a Bengal Tiger and Byrne and a partner had to go hunt the thing down. After finding and dispatching the animal Byrne watch its eyes and said he actually saw the light go out as they clouded over. It was at that moment that he seriously questioned why he had been shooting such beautiful creatures. As a result, he was no-kill when he got here to look for Bigfoot in the PacNW in the employ of Tom Slick.

As far as Titmus goes, it's one thing for Bryne to bad mouth someone for some kind of infraction but Titmus strung Byrne and Slick along for year promising to take them to a place where Bigfoot lived and habitually pooped. He took Tom Slick to the place and showed him some scat. This is after a year had gone by remember, and the poop turned out to be burro poop or horse. I need to look that up to be sure.

And yes, no one else delivered the goods back then either but I haven't heard of Green or anyone else trying to hose someone by keeping a carrot dangling for a year while taking their money the whole time on retainer. And  I don't think Byrne would concoct such a story like that if Titmus was only a brief persona non gratis.

43 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

are you sure about that?  He was a big game hunter all the way. What other angle would he have had?

27 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Byrne was indeed a big game hunter and ran safaris in Nepal. But he had an experience that changed him and went on to set up a wildlife conservation outfit, again in Nepal before coming to the states. He had a client on safari that wounded a Bengal Tiger and Byrne and a partner had to go hunt the thing down. After finding and dispatching the animal Byrne watch its eyes and said he actually saw the light go out as they clouded over. It was at that moment that he seriously questioned why he had been shooting such beautiful creatures. As a result, he was no-kill when he got here to look for Bigfoot in the PacNW in the employ of Tom Slick.

As far as Titmus goes, it's one thing for Bryne to bad mouth someone for some kind of infraction but Titmus strung Byrne and Slick along for year promising to take them to a place where Bigfoot lived and habitually pooped. He took Tom Slick to the place and showed him some scat. This is after a year had gone by remember, and the poop turned out to be burro poop or horse. I need to look that up to be sure.

And yes, no one else delivered the goods back then either but I haven't heard of Green or anyone else trying to hose someone by keeping a carrot dangling for a year while taking their money the whole time on retainer. And  I don't think Byrne would concoct such a story like that if Titmus was only a brief persona non gratis.

Well because while beautiful they are murderous sons a guns......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_attack

373,000 humans since we have been keeping track. I wouldn’t go anywhere in India without a gun.😬

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

For Byrne, though, it was a life changing event and that's what this is about.

For Byrne? Fair enough. But what is “this” about?