Smaylith or Wild People

xdivision

Interesting paper, @xdivision. I'm familiar with the area, having driven through those parts with roads, and flown over the wilder areas in a light plane at low altitude. It is extremely wild country, with access to Woodfibre (there once was a pulp mill there, hence the name) only by water. My first "steady girlfriend" in my early teens was a girl who grew up in Woodfibre.

• Thanks 1

@norsemanHeard that story and a few different versions but that's the best talk story I've heard coming from a First Nations person. Really enjoyed that.

@BC witnessYeah I just read the description of the remote Wilderness that this piece was written about and in my mind sounds amazing. That's probably where are these beings are staying put as much as possible to not be discovered.

3 minutes ago, xdivision said:

@norsemanHeard that story and a few different versions but that's the best talk story I've heard coming from a First Nations person. Really enjoyed that.

@BC witnessYeah I just read the description of the remote Wilderness that this piece was written about and in my mind sounds amazing. That's probably where are these beings are staying put as much as possible to not be discovered.

They are Sinixt or lake band just across the river from me. They speak interior Salish. I believe their name for Bigfoot means “stick indian”.

This 1840 letter is an account from the Spokane tribe who are closely related.

http://www.bigfoot-lives.com/html/e_walker.html

"Then the stones will hit the house"..,

Took a small one in the left calf while standing on the trail. Never smelled them but the whistling is something not recommended😉 

• Upvote 1