Montana Bigfoot Lore

Wooly Booger

10 hours ago, hiflier said:

His database gives pretty much the same report: an unidentified woman called into a radio program. The database does have this though, the location is about 20 miles South of Lewiston which puts things right in the middle of the Lewis an Clark NF. Google Earth shows a couple of isolated farms around the northern edge of the NF kind of toward the West but it's hard to say if they are cattle farms. In any case none of them look close to the snowy mountain peaks that are more in the southern central part of the NF. Maybe use the timeline feature and go back in time to '85 or'86 which I think is the earliest the Sat Imagery goes back to. Certainly the early 1900's would be a difficult to research given the info. And FYI, there are 98 Montana reports in the database so maybe there are other more recent similar events?

Possible. Though I suspect conflict with humans would have made Bigfoot comparably rare in the region than they were over a century ago. Similar to the situation that happened with other large predators who preyed on cattle. 

Although, if given the opportunity I doubt Bigfoot would pass on the opportunity to prey upon cattle given the opportunity. Probably a comparably rare scenario now though than it was early last century. 

• Downvote 1

Admin

I suspect cattle are an easier target than deer, moose, elk, and a lot of other larger prey. Probably pretty easy to separate one or two from the herd and take them down.

43 minutes ago, VAfooter said:

I suspect cattle are an easier target than deer, moose, elk, and a lot of other larger prey. Probably pretty easy to separate one or two from the herd and take them down.

In my experiences it’s not unusual for cattle to approach humans.   Aside from bulls they are pretty docile animals, when calm.   I could see a BF peeking their curiosity.

51 minutes ago, VAfooter said:

Agreed.  Cattle ranchers probably learned pretty quickly not to let their cattle graze in Bigfoot country.  At least without armed ranch hands guarding them.  I potentially see a similar situation to what happened with bears and wolves.  With armed bands of cattlemen shooting Bigfoot on sight due to predation upon cattle.  The species was probably more abundant in the western states before the previous century until conflict with man arose.  

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Wooly Booger said:

Possible. Though I suspect conflict with humans would have made Bigfoot comparably rare in the region than they were over a century ago. Similar to the situation that happened with other large predators who preyed on cattle. 

Although, if given the opportunity I doubt Bigfoot would pass on the opportunity to prey upon cattle given the opportunity. Probably a comparably rare scenario now though than it was early last century. 

Have you noticed that all of your commentary are presumptions? You claim to be an archaeologist but that doesn't seem to be the case. Archaeologists don't presume, they identify clues and position arguments much differently. What are you basing your presumptions on other than  opinion?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

Have you noticed that all of your commentary are presumptions? You claim to be an archaeologist but that doesn't seem to be the case. Archaeologists don't presume, they identify clues and position arguments much differently. What are you basing your presumptions on other than  opinion?

Have you noticed noticed that you claim to be a Bigfoot researcher and yet most of your posts are irritatingly snarky and trollish drivel? 

I am simply thinking out look. There is a difference between making educated assumptions and writing a formal academic report of which I clearly am not. If you had bothered to understand the context of what I wrote than you would realize that I am drawing a comparison between known encounters between cattle ranchers and other predators. I am not in anyway making any definitive statements. 

But I suspect you know that and are merely doing what internet trolls do best. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Aren’t all theory’s regarding Bigfoot presumptions or a WAG?   He did start his thought out stating  he “suspects” implying it’s only his thought and not stating it as a fact.  

8 minutes ago, Wooly Booger said:

Have you noticed noticed that you claim to be a Bigfoot researcher and yet most of your posts are irritatingly snarky and trollish drivel? 

I am simply thinking out look. There is a difference between making educated assumptions and writing a formal academic report of which I clearly am not. If you had bothered to understand the context of what I wrote than you would realize that I am drawing a comparison between known encounters between cattle ranchers and other predators. I am not in anyway making any definitive statements. 

But I suspect you know that and are merely doing what internet trolls do best. 

No trolling here and I never said I was a researcher. And I never asked for an academic report. And my comments are fully in context. You make presumptions based on opinion. That's clear. You have offered nothing in the way of an archaeologist approach. I'm not am at archaeologist either but I know what they do. You don't. You don't even know how to do archaeology research in the areas you talk about. How is is that I can do that but you can't or don't?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Twist said:

Aren’t all theory’s regarding Bigfoot presumptions or a WAG?   He did start his thought out stating  he “suspects” implying it’s only his thought and not stating it as a fact.  

Precisely. 

• Downvote 1

58 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

No trolling here and I never said I was a researcher. And I never asked for an academic report. And my comments are fully in context. You make presumptions based on opinion. That's clear. You have offered nothing in the way of an archaeologist approach. I'm not am at archaeologist either but I know what they do. You don't. You don't even know how to do archaeology research in the areas you talk about. How is is that I can do that but you can't or don't?

This is a Bigfoot discussion board. A forum. Not an academic peer review research committee. 

And I'm not here to prove anything to you or anyone else for that matter. An archaeological approach to Bigfoot evidence would require a site with known or suspected activity. Followed by surveying and mapping of the area, and if the situation warrants it, a field excavation. 

Discussing a possible scenario regarding Bigfoot and cattle ranchers is simply thinking out loud. An educated guess based upon comparative evidence. This thread has nothing to do with archaeological research. 

But once again, I think you know that and are simply trolling. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, Wooly Booger said:

This is a Bigfoot discussion board. A forum. Not an academic peer review research committee. 

And I'm not here to prove anything to you or anyone else for that matter. An archaeological approach to Bigfoot evidence would require a site with known or suspected activity. Followed by surveying and mapping of the area, and if the situation warrants it, a field excavation. 

Discussing a possible scenario regarding Bigfoot and cattle ranchers is simply thinking out loud. An educated guess based upon comparative evidence. This thread has nothing to do with archaeological research. 

But once again, I think you know that and are simply trolling. 

A forum is open ground for exchanging ideas. It's only construed as trolling to you when you don't like what is being said about your faulty logic adding up to presumptions,. Your content is remarkably faulty BTW not just a little bit. You claimed to be an academic, even with plans for a dig (I forget the location, possibly WA state). And you want to get in touch with a deceased woman's relatives so you can (? maybe) further investigate a passing reference to some location being known for some interaction with BF and cattle. And you further elaborate on what you think BF would think of the scenario. Similar to your presumption that Justin Smeja could not have shot a second BF on the scene because you didn't believe a second BF would allow it to happen. (of course, not realizing the 2nd BF was the equivalent age of a child)

Let me sum up my point and I'll hop off this: a real academic of any background, even math or English or whatever, who is interested in BF (of which there are very few) would approach the problem much differently. You demonstrate no awareness whatsoever of the background you claim to have to study anything. And you toss out presumptions left and right.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Admin

Ok, lets chill out, ot else.

Wooley Booger has a right to express his ideas, even if they're faulty. I'm not saying they are.

A very wise man once told me that those who can't do, teach.  

There, lets move on.

25 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

A forum is open ground for exchanging ideas. It's only construed as trolling to you when you don't like what is being said about your faulty logic adding up to presumptions,. Your content is remarkably faulty BTW not just a little bit. You claimed to be an academic, even with plans for a dig (I forget the location, possibly WA state). And you want to get in touch with a deceased woman's relatives so you can (? maybe) further investigate a passing reference to some location being known for some interaction with BF and cattle. And you further elaborate on what you think BF would think of the scenario. Similar to your presumption that Justin Smeja could not have shot a second BF on the scene because you didn't believe a second BF would allow it to happen. (of course, not realizing the 2nd BF was the equivalent age of a child)

Let me sum up my point and I'll hop off this: a real academic of any background, even math or English or whatever, who is interested in BF (of which there are very few) would approach the problem much differently. You demonstrate no awareness whatsoever of the background you claim to have to study anything. And you toss out presumptions left and right.

Now you're making assumptions yourself. How on earth do you know how any academic would approach the subject? That is a broad generalization, an attempt to unscientifically presume how all academics would pursue a subject that isn't even recognized as a legitimate field of academic study by the way. 

Did post an academic article I sent to a peer reviewed journal? Please bud. I have written many scholarly papers before.  But I'm certainly not going to post it here for your oh so scholarly eye to read. You want to scoff at how I approach the subject? Seriously? When just about every post I see of yours is a snarky or sarcastic comment about another member who actually knows what they are talking about. Or some off color joke that nobody finds funny but yourself. 

I suggest you stop here while you're still ahead. Because you're only making a fool of yourself. 

7 minutes ago, gigantor said:

Ok, lets chill out, ot else.

Wooley Booger has a right to express his ideas, even if they're faulty. I'm not saying they are.

A very wise man once told me that those who can't do, teach.  

There, lets move on.

Agreed. Thank you. 

Edited by Wooly Booger
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, Twist said:

In my experiences it’s not unusual for cattle to approach humans.   Aside from bulls they are pretty docile animals, when calm.   I could see a BF peeking their curiosity.

When I started turkey hunting on a cattle farm, the cattle would come from a long ways off just to stand and stare at me and my decoy spread. I could not get them to leave. I went to my truck to eat lunch. When I came back the cattle had totally destroyed my decoys and my make shift blind. I don't know if they would have done that if my decoys were Sasquatch decoys though.

• Haha 2

Growing up we always had horses with a few cows occasionally.  I alway wanted that reversed, to have lots of cows with maybe a horse.   My dad is a butcher, the cows never stuck around, weird!