Lairs

norseman

Has anyone ever encountered a place with lots of bones of multiple animals and or species?

I have had friends tell me about encountering this in the past. I’ve encountered this as well deep in the Frank Church wilderness. I assumed it was fellow hunters collecting Wolf kills to draw attention to the problem. Maybe it was something else. And of course my femur bone find. But it wasn’t apart of a large pile of bones.

Dunno. But this is something they find in cave digs associated with early hominid activity.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, norseman said:

Has anyone ever encountered a place with lots of bones of multiple animals and or species?......

I never have. The most impressive bone pike I found was a perch among large boulders on the top of a small mountain where eagles ate ground squirrels and the squirrel bones were very numerous. I've found bear caches. I've seen fish skeletons in trees where the eagles ate them. I found a poached Dall sheep or mountain goat. Never found a bone field of multiple species.

• Upvote 1

When we attempted to check out that area in the Chattahootchee NF a couple of weeks ago, I found that pile of at least 3 dead deer.  There were at least 3 skulls that I saw.

I just figured that someone was poaching and was just dumping the remains there.  

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Does anyone else hear Dr. Evil saying "Layers?"

I thought that was lasers!

2 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

When we attempted to check out that area in the Chattahootchee NF a couple of weeks ago, I found that pile of at least 3 dead deer.  There were at least 3 skulls that I saw.

I just figured that someone was poaching and was just dumping the remains there.  

That's usually what it is. That's the same thing I found was piles of whitetail bones . A few years back we even had a couple of guys arrested that were selling venison out their garage . It was estimated they had at least 30 kills of meat in their freezers .

• Upvote 1