Bigger Than Bigfoot

Guest HairyGreek

I liked your last line so much I put it in my sig line. Not that I necessarily agree with it, other than time travelers would probably wear shoes, that I agree with, but because it sounds just like something Lewis Carroll would say. :)

Guest wild eyed willy

I liked your last line so much I put it in my sig line. Not that I necessarily agree with it, other than time travelers would probably wear shoes, that I agree with, but because it sounds just like something Lewis Carroll would say. :)

Glad you liked it. :D

Sometimes I wonder if I should really write what I think on here. I feel like the voice of reason, but the truth be told I really don't know. Sometimes I wonder if it wouldn't be more prudent to keep my fingers off of the keys. :blink:

Oh don't worry about it WEW. I assume everything is an opinion on these kinds of topics simply because we don't know and aren't likely to find out. Time travel is one of the few things Einstein actually said was possible so if we survive long enough to develop it I won't be surprised if someone tries. You don't necessarily have to go back millions of years for it to be a lucrative proposition. No one has figured out yet how that Swiss watch ring got into the sealed Chinese grave over 400 years old.

Sometimes I wonder if I should really write what I think on here. I feel like the voice of reason, but the truth be told I really don't know. Sometimes I wonder if it wouldn't be more prudent to keep my fingers off of the keys. :blink:

Cwaazzy Wabbit! :rolleyes:

Guest wtwest

Jodie,

you seem to be hooked on time travel, so here is a possible reason why the footprints found all over the place arent time travelers.

Any time travelers would be very carfull not to leave signs they were there. this would be a given.

time travelers would be wearing footwear with traction soles.. Not barefeet or sandles.

Time travelers would have to be certain they did not change any occurance that took place or the entire future could be drastically changed.

Last the air was different back in time, a different make up of oxigen, nitrogen and carbondioxide.. I'm not sure, but I don't think modern humans could breath it. gravity may have also been different back then.

As tempting as it might be to think about going back in time, there would be too much risk involved and any intelligent person would know the risks were too great and would certainly forgo the mission. simply put, one would have to be a complete idiot to travel back in time and anyone smart enough to build a time machine wouldn't be an idiot. so no time machines, sorry, not now, not ever.

If they didn't want to leave signs they were there, they wouldn't wear treaded shoes because no one wore them back then.

If they have the technology to time travel, they have the ability to filter the air to make it breathable and gravity would not have been different.

I don't really see much, if any risk for an advanced race to time travel to this period.

Guest apaulo

After reading your response in the paranormal thread I was surprised that you would post something with such cognitive dissonance.

here is the problem with the telepathic communication- First, we think in the english language, and BF would think in BF language.. if one were to send you mind messages, you wouldn't understand them any way.. It would sound like gibrish...

People don't really think in languages but in concepts. Anyway, Sasfooty refuted your argument pretty well there. I don't mean to say you should not post your opinion.

Edited by Jodie
edited to conform to forum rules

Guest wild eyed willy

After reading your response in the paranormal thread I was surprised that you would post something with such cognitive dissonance.

People don't really think in languages but in concepts. Anyway, Sasfooty refuted your argument pretty well there. I don't mean to say you should not post your opinion.

Sasfoot didn't refute anything, you cant argue logic. And your wrong, we do think in words because that is how we communicate. We also use flash pictures, but mostly we think in words... Since I only speak english, I naturally think in english words.

Communicating by anyother form would be far too slow and seriously ineffective.. Thats why our ansesters developed language. If communicating ideas and directions were easily done with some other form of communication, we wouldn't have a language, we wouldn't need one.

So the next time you have a though about something, try keeping the words silent in your head and just use mental images. If you can do this, you will see there are serious limitations as to the amount you can think.

So think on that concept and file it right next to your cognitive dissonance.

In this battle of witts your seriously unarmed

Guest wild eyed willy

Oh don't worry about it WEW. I assume everything is an opinion on these kinds of topics simply because we don't know and aren't likely to find out. Time travel is one of the few things Einstein actually said was possible so if we survive long enough to develop it I won't be surprised if someone tries. You don't necessarily have to go back millions of years for it to be a lucrative proposition. No one has figured out yet how that Swiss watch ring got into the sealed Chinese grave over 400 years old.

I never heard about that, got a link to it?

I did read further down. One of those "footprints" appears to be obviously carved. Excuse me but I'm not buying that confirmed humans were leaving footprints millions of years before they evolved.

Well then you're pitting yourself against Smithsonian caliber scientists, etc in your denial.

And you don't know at all that we DIDN'T evolve long before we think we did. 200,000 is as far back as we can TRACE our lineage according to "mainstream" paleontology and archaeology.

The presence of human indications in strata millions of years old challenges that idea. You can't just say "I don't buy it". You have to come up with an explanation FOR it. And provide evidence to support your explanation.

Guest wild eyed willy

No one over here covered this story. It was covered in China's news when it was discovered. To my knowledge, no one has proven this to be a hoax. The story just disappeared after the initial coverage like so many of these types of stories do.

http://www.weirdasianews.com/2009/03/05/hundredyear-tomb-reveals-swiss-watch/

Interesting, would love to hear what the experts had to say.... It is possible the tomb was opened and so that must be my guess.

How the heck did you ever find this story?

No one over here covered this story. It was covered in China's news when it was discovered. To my knowledge, no one has proven this to be a hoax. The story just disappeared after the initial coverage like so many of these types of stories do.

http://www.weirdasianews.com/2009/03/05/hundredyear-tomb-reveals-swiss-watch/

Weird stuff. Check out the displayed time. I could be wrong, but 10:05 or 10:10 seems pretty commonly used by retailers to display watches. However that thing got in there, I would say that it has never been used...I am assuming that the people who found it didn't set it to that time though. Looks pretty crusty, thus my assumption that it was not set by its discoverers.