Jump to content

Thermal a game changer for finding Sasquatch


7.62
 Share

Recommended Posts

That's a good analysis. I guess I'll agree with him. Besides, the legs always looked wrong for a bigfoot or yowie; they do look short. Dang, I wanted that to be a yowie. Oh well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:


The image of the costume that is shown in this video lines up perfectly with the thermal image of the Bigfoot hugging the tree.  
 

It was a total buzzkill watching this…the original thermal image seemed very compelling.


I thought this one was shot in the States? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, norseman said:


I thought this one was shot in the States? 

It was apparently shot in Mississippi by the lady who runs some sort of paid Bigfoot tours, but was released by the Australian Yowie guys.  
 

The head, arm, and leg positions just match up perfectly with the picture of that costume.  It doesn’t look like a bear to me…it looks like they altered the thermal image.

FC3BC6D9-F47B-4CAA-8A74-8CA4B015B0C8.png

AE89B83C-EFD8-47CB-A2CE-9AA6F29A60F4.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

It was apparently shot in Mississippi by the lady who runs some sort of paid Bigfoot tours, but was released by the Australian Yowie guys.  
 

The head, arm, and leg positions just match up perfectly with the picture of that costume.  It doesn’t look like a bear to me…it looks like they altered the thermal image.

FC3BC6D9-F47B-4CAA-8A74-8CA4B015B0C8.png

AE89B83C-EFD8-47CB-A2CE-9AA6F29A60F4.png


10-4! Yah we have looked at this one before. This is unrelated to Airdales video.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, norseman said:


10-4! Yah we have looked at this one before. This is unrelated to Airdales video.

This is the last thermal image in Airedale’s video.  
 

unless I am missing something 

7148F40A-FF06-4D21-8582-B8CD48140336.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

This is the last thermal image in Airedale’s video.  
 

unless I am missing something 

7148F40A-FF06-4D21-8582-B8CD48140336.png


No. There was a whole other section. Standing square to the camera and then it bending down and picking something up. And the fauna looked like Aussie land very tropical looking.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, norseman said:


No. There was a whole other section. Standing square to the camera and then it bending down and picking something up. And the fauna looked like Aussie land very tropical looking.

Gotcha.  That’s what I get for trying to multitask 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/24/2021 at 8:28 AM, NathanFooter said:

 

  This is a great topic, I would like to point out that we do have four or five public thermal videos but not at the desired resolution. I am aware of two other videos that are fairly clear but not published.

 

 1 The Brown Footage of WA.

 2 The Brandenburg Footage of NM.

 3 The Brown Footage of FL.

 4 The Serrias Footage of CA.

 5 The Squeaky Footage of NC

 

I feel that the answer as to why we dont have that clear unambiguous thermal footage is primarily due to three reasons.

 

 Most sasquatch " researchers " do not have thermal cameras as most are not serious about field work and frankly spend maybe four weekends a year camping close to a few report locations. Most of these folks do not even break from a road or trail, they are glued to familar paths and do not bushwack.

 

 

Good points, Nathan.

 

One area that we don't have enough data is whether the odds of capturing a BF in thermal imager increases by going deep in the wilderness (or as you say bushwhacking off trails) or just staying close to the campground (either on human trails, dirt roads, or game trails close to camp).

 

I did a brief (not comprehensive) study of these 5 videos to extract (at a high level) where and how they got these videos. 

The table below is a summary and the links show where I got most of my information.

 

What is interesting is that all these 5 videos were taken close to the campgrounds or in private property.  So nobody went deep into the wilderness or bushwhacking to get these videos.

My understanding is that 3 of these campgrounds  (#2, #4, and #5) are not official NF campgrounds with facilities but just campgrounds that folks set up by pulling off a dirt road in a National Forest.

I suspect that in those 3 cases (#2, #4, and #5), the folks doing the research were by themselves and did not have strangers camping nearby - since the area was probably targeted as isolated and amenable to private research.

I don't know about the Torreya State Park and whether it has campground facilities (like picnic tables, bbq pit, toilet, running water) or if it is like the others (no facilities) or whether it has lots of visitors.

I think 4 of these were car-camping outings and not backpacks, so they drove there and camped close to cars.

 

Regardless, these 5 videos demonstrate that BF comes to you at your campground (or private property) and we don't need to go too deep into the wilderness (or bushwhack) to capture them.

Maybe if we set up a camp deep in the wilderness and make them come to us, we would have similar results, but not sure the extra effort is worth it if the odds are not known and we know already that BFs visit camps close to dirt roads.

I have gone backpacking deep into the wilderness with the belief that it will increase my odds of thermal capture, but maybe that is an assumption (still to be verified).

 

 

 

Video Year National Forest Location Videographer location Source
1 The Brown Footage of WA 2015 Grays Harbor, WA  Private property scanning the ridge of his property https://cryptosightings.com/tag/brown-family-bigfoot-video
 2 The Brandenburg Footage of NM 2011 Jemez Mountains, NM  (within the Santa Fe National Forest or the Valles Caldera National Preserve?) Campground scanning the area close to campground https://cliffbarackman.com/home/research/field-research/2011-brandenburg-thermal-footage/
 3 The Brown Footage of FL. 2012 Torreya State Park, FL Campground walking trail from camp and then walked off-trail https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1PznuAPnx8
 4 The Sierra Footage of CA. 2012 Tahoe / Plumas National Forest, CA Campground walking on dirt road behind campground https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsSpmdkZR3c
 5 The Squeaky Footage of NC 2009 Uhwarrie National Forest, CA Campground Left thermal on tripod recording at campground https://www.prweb.com/releases/2010/06/prweb4079494.htm

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good gumshoeing Explorer. I haven't done any research of the above circumstances but would be curious to know more about the campground settings.  Were they the only ones in the campgrounds or was it populated? Was the particular campsite in a remote part of the campground or was it on the perimeter that borders vast wildness? I'll see what I can find for those and any other campground-encounter information available.

 

The questions asked by everyone are excellent ones and I'm not sure anyone has answers at this point.  A sasquatch that appears/visits someone in a campground must do so for a reason. Curiosity is my best guess. That sasquatch has to weigh the benefit of satisfying its curiosity with the risk involved in coming that close to civilization.

 

For there to be an encounter, it has to find a human. Maybe it purposely familiarizes itself with any and all campgrounds in its area. Check in on the little ones to see if there is anything new it should know about.  

 

Until more concrete information is available, I'm going to continue to work areas that are accessible only on foot with a backpack.  I think it provides the safest environment for a sasquatch and that might just be enough to allow it to lower its guard if only for a second.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Explorer said:

 

Good points, Nathan.

 

One area that we don't have enough data is whether the odds of capturing a BF in thermal imager increases by going deep in the wilderness (or as you say bushwhacking off trails) or just staying close to the campground (either on human trails, dirt roads, or game trails close to camp).

 

I did a brief (not comprehensive) study of these 5 videos to extract (at a high level) where and how they got these videos. 

The table below is a summary and the links show where I got most of my information.

 

What is interesting is that all these 5 videos were taken close to the campgrounds or in private property.  So nobody went deep into the wilderness or bushwhacking to get these videos.

My understanding is that 3 of these campgrounds  (#2, #4, and #5) are not official NF campgrounds with facilities but just campgrounds that folks set up by pulling off a dirt road in a National Forest.

I suspect that in those 3 cases (#2, #4, and #5), the folks doing the research were by themselves and did not have strangers camping nearby - since the area was probably targeted as isolated and amenable to private research.

I don't know about the Torreya State Park and whether it has campground facilities (like picnic tables, bbq pit, toilet, running water) or if it is like the others (no facilities) or whether it has lots of visitors.

I think 4 of these were car-camping outings and not backpacks, so they drove there and camped close to cars.

 

Regardless, these 5 videos demonstrate that BF comes to you at your campground (or private property) and we don't need to go too deep into the wilderness (or bushwhack) to capture them.

Maybe if we set up a camp deep in the wilderness and make them come to us, we would have similar results, but not sure the extra effort is worth it if the odds are not known and we know already that BFs visit camps close to dirt roads.

I have gone backpacking deep into the wilderness with the belief that it will increase my odds of thermal capture, but maybe that is an assumption (still to be verified).

 

 

 

Video Year National Forest Location Videographer location Source
1 The Brown Footage of WA 2015 Grays Harbor, WA  Private property scanning the ridge of his property https://cryptosightings.com/tag/brown-family-bigfoot-video
 2 The Brandenburg Footage of NM 2011 Jemez Mountains, NM  (within the Santa Fe National Forest or the Valles Caldera National Preserve?) Campground scanning the area close to campground https://cliffbarackman.com/home/research/field-research/2011-brandenburg-thermal-footage/
 3 The Brown Footage of FL. 2012 Torreya State Park, FL Campground walking trail from camp and then walked off-trail https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1PznuAPnx8
 4 The Sierra Footage of CA. 2012 Tahoe / Plumas National Forest, CA Campground walking on dirt road behind campground https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsSpmdkZR3c
 5 The Squeaky Footage of NC 2009 Uhwarrie National Forest, CA Campground Left thermal on tripod recording at campground https://www.prweb.com/releases/2010/06/prweb4079494.htm

 

 

 

 

 I agree, they certainly are around campgrounds, roads and private property.  I do not think the answer is to dive way out into remote areas as far as you can to stumble into a sasquatch picking huckleberries. I think it is about a lack of ability on our part  ( researchers ) to search for evidence beyond comfortable groomed pathways.

 

 The curiosity of the sasquatch has been the primary reason we have any thermal footage and my position is that we would have more footage at a higher caliber if we had more dedicated people out there truly trying to understand the habits and movements of the species.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Gotcha.  That’s what I get for trying to multitask 


I gotcha bud. I just snapped some screen shots. One is a comparison and the other is it bent over picking something up.

79A91D5A-A271-4E09-9D7F-ABA263C05A5D.jpeg

631358C3-83D2-4E03-AF7E-49B5CECAA972.jpeg

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

I have not commented on here in a long time. But ATN has made thermal affordable ! If you are looking N/V or thermal look at ATN website !  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The ATB THOR line of riflescopes use a germanium lens.  What are the thermal monocular lens (OTS line) made from?

 

Pulsar uses the lens size in mm as the model number. So a Helion XQ38F has a 38mm lens. Where does ATN show the lens size of it verious models?

 

Was it the ATN equivalent of the Helion XQ38F?  The TN OTS 4T 384 4.5-18x?

 

https://www.opticsplanet.com/compare/p-1315299-p-1370240

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Brian said:

I have not commented on here in a long time. But ATN has made thermal affordable ! If you are looking N/V or thermal look at ATN website !  

I heard really bad things about ATN custom service when researching thermal.  That combined with the crap customer service job that FLIR did with a member here led me to Pulsar.  
 

Have you ever had any experience with ATN’s customer service?  I wonder if they have upped their game.  
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Every sasquatcher I know has either a FLIR or Pulsar.  That's not to say someone else can't come along with a better mousetrap but until I see an ATN in someone's hand, I'd hold off. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...