Hunting Bigfoot (2021)

Kiwakwe

• 1 month later...
On 9/18/2021 at 7:23 AM, 7.62 said:

I've been trying to find this   Do you know if this is being released on Amazon ?

I've no intel on it. If I find anything I'll post it here.

• Upvote 1

They are not set up to stream at this time. The plan is to show the movie in theaters on a regional basis.  Bring on the buckets of pop corn, bon bons and raisinettes. Leave the 3-D glasses at home.

• 3 weeks later...

I posted this in the Hunting Bigfoot Free Tickets Thread on Tuesday the 5th:
The wife and I attended the evening showing of Finding Bigfoot tonight (Monday oct 4th) at the Roxy theatre in Bremerton, WA.

We took our seats in an almost empty theatre. It was only us and 3 people  a row behind us across the crossway. We did hear someone else come in, but never really paid attention.

It wasn't what I was hoping for, full-on BF research, but turned out to be a fairly decent movie following a retired, semi-homeless man, who had seen a BF 10 years ago and had been trying to see them again.

When the lights come on and we stood to leave, we turned around and sitting with the 3 people behind us was John Green, the fellow the movie was about. He was nice enough to say hey and shake our hands. Nice fellow and kind of a highlight to meet after seeing the movie.

We didn't know what to expect going in except watching the trailer. We went home thinking it was a documentary. Then after doing some internet searching, turns out it is a drama, or maybe better put, a mockumentary.  The main character is not a semi-homeless guy in North Bend, WA searching to see a Sasquatch again after a previous sighting. In actuality, he is an actor who runs a  real estate development company elsewhere in the state.

Info found in this article: https://www.bainbridgecurrents.com/stories/cinema/island-wanderings-hunting-bigfoot-the-character-behind-the-character/

Again, we didn't know what to expect, but no where in the opening or closing credits did we see anything alerting us to a fictional story or fictional characters. Going to have to check the fine print to see if we missed it somewhere.

• 9 months later...

I saw this advertised as a free BF research documentary on the tubi channel and made the mistake of wasting over 1 hour watching it.

The movie had so many red flags and was so over the top in portraying BF researchers that (like McGlencoe above) I suspected it was fiction and confirmed it via internet search.

I had not seen McGlenco's post before I watched it, otherwise I would have skipped it.

I consider some of these mockumentaries to be fraudulent because they don't fully disclose that they are fiction up front.  

There is no value in watching BF fictional movies when the real BF research documentaries and even YouTube videos offer more entertainment value.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14289970/

The only part of this mockumentary that intrigued me was the use of RD tracking chips embedded in apples and using some tracking instrument to follow the fictional animal who ate the apple with the chip.

While I know this was fiction and drama for the movie, I wonder how far those RD chip devices have gone and whether some real researchers are using them as in this movie.