Howls…. In eastern Tennesse harriman

Franco

So, over the last few weeks , I have hearing been howls. They aren’t coyotes, they are not dogs, they aren’t bob cats. 

They are loud, they are from something very big.   Thing here is sounds travels long distance,  We are surround by mountains. 

Anyone else down this way hearing them? They aren’t every night 

Edited by Franco

1 hour ago, Franco said:

So, over the last few weeks , I have hearing been howls. They aren’t coyotes, they are not dogs, they aren’t bob cats. 

They are loud, they are from something very big.   Thing here is sounds travels long distance,  We are surround by mountains. 

Anyone else down this way hearing them? They aren’t every night 

I don’t know what part of Tennessee you are in, but there is a researcher in eastern Tennessee who I correspond with regularly who has been getting lots of weird stuff lately…Howls being one of them.

You may want to consider getting a sound recorder and putting it out in the general area(s) where you've been hearing things.  Pick it up in the morning.

Interesting. How close do you think?  Is this the first you've heard them?  Does it sound as if there may be multiple "sources"? Do you have nearby neighbors that have heard them? A recording would be great!

Edited by Kiwakwe