How long do BF's live

NCBFr

These two sightings separated by ~43 years got me wondering if they are the same BF and if so how long do these guys live.

http://squatchable.com/report.asp?id=1177

At first, I was not sure whether I was looking at an animal's head or a person's head. I remember it was rounded at the bottom and more elongated towards the top. It seemed a little bigger than mine and was covered with short silvery-gray hair. Its face seemed human with a flat nose, its eyes were small and dark. It made no sound. After a few seconds of silent starring, it turned towards the road and began moving quickly. It seemed to be running on all fours at first; but after about 10 yds. it stood up on just two legs and continued to scamper until it crossed the road and then disappeared into the woods. I would guess that it was about 6-7' tall. It's frame was very large from the hips up and it was covered with shaggy silvery-gray hair.

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=71801

IT HAD THE FACE OF AN APE WITH A 'BUMP' ON TOP OF IT'S HEAD. THE FUR WAS LONG AND LOOKED WHITE...KIND OF LIKE A DIRTY WHITE SHAGPILE CARPET. AFTER READING THE REPORT FROM THE PERSON WHO SAID IT WAS SILVER, THAT COULD BE TRUE AS I WAS SEEING IT FROM JUST MOONLIGHT AND VEHICLE HEADLIGHTS. IT WAS INDEED ABOUT 6-7' TALL BY MY BEST ESTIMATE.

Gorilla's reportedly live for more than 50 years in the wild.  Humans males in developed countries live roughly 70 years.  

https://gorillafacts.org/how-long-do-gorillas-live/

Of course this could simply be the case of someone reading a BF report and copying it but either way my question is still the same.  How long do you think these guys live.  My guess is it is somewhere between humans and gorillas so I am putting the over/under at 69 years.  Thoughts?

• Upvote 2

Great question. Best answered by the experts. 

That is assuming there are any. 

One subject lives forever in our hearts and minds and of course on film. 

A member here who hasn't posted in a while told of a small town in either Georgia or Alabama that had a resident BF that used to cross a certain road on occasion and had done so for decades. As it got older, as the story goes, it started to slow down and townspeople who  where familiar with the creature used to actually slow down or stop to let it cross. Estimated age was  52 years old. Branco's telling is buried somewhere here on the BFF.

31 minutes ago, JKH said:

...I miss Branco!

You're not the only one. He has had a long running thread on Arkansashunter.com so he's still occasionally around.

• Upvote 1

Admin
8 hours ago, NCBFr said:

My guess is it is somewhere between humans and gorillas so I am putting the over/under at 69 years.  Thoughts?

I say longer than humans based on size. Usually, the bigger the animal, the longer they live.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, gigantor said:

I say longer than humans based on size. Usually, the bigger the animal, the longer they live.

I would almost agree.   I'd say longer than humans w/o access to modern medical care.   I think that changes the odds in our favor.    Rare humans made it past 100 without modern medicine even though the average was a lot less, around 30-40.   Bigfoot might fall 30-50 on average with a 120-150 year old individual.    That's just wild speculation on my part because the flip side is that larger dog breeds don't live as long as the smaller ones so maybe they only live 25-40 years on average with a high around 60.   

We truly don't know.   Someday maybe we can ask them.   :)

MIB

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, gigantor said:

Perhaps not if they are more human than animal.  As we know large humans don't live as long as small ones.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Perhaps not if they are more human than animal.  As we know large humans don't live as long as small ones.

Except for you, big guy.  May you live a long, happy, and skeptical life.  

• Thanks 1

Admin
1 hour ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

As we know large humans don't live as long as small ones.

I didn't know that. Do have a source?

^^

Obviously Randy Newman didn't follow the science (he says, knowing that fully half the audience won't get this obscure reference).  Can't think of a study, but any time you see stories about extremely large (height or weight) humans, they usually go into all the medical problems that extreme size brings on.  Probably the best we can do is guestimate based on other large North American animals (grizzlies? black bears?) that have to eek out their survival in the wild.

2 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Except for you, big guy.  May you live a long, happy, and skeptical life.  

Thank you very much. I hope the same for you and your family. 

• Thanks 1