Sasquatch hair

Madison5716

The hair sample shown under a microscope is not illuminated by 'daylight'.  Microscope illumination is unknown in this presentation.  The information is interesting though.

'Predator' camo is a bit of a stretch at this time. 

The closest thing that I had read regarding camo in the Sasquatch was it was speculated that the creature secreted a kind of oil that would reflect the color of the foliage around it giving its skin tone the slight hue of its surroundings. So if it was hiding in a leafy, shadowy, environment then its grayish skin tone would look more olive colored. It could be that some claims of pareidolia may be more the result of this kind of effect?

Edited by hiflier

• gigantor featured this topic

I have never been around 'hocus-pokus-focus' that I am aware of. Just black hair.  Human vision has problems when eyeballs are exposed to sound @ 18Hz. Our eyeballs vibrate at 18Hz and we see things.  The vibrating eyeball detail is a factor in paranormal research. Whether one sees Casper or has vision problems is a situation that is rarely solved.

It might be quite beneficial if experimental hair could be created with no shaft that might present as a dark color from a distance yet reflect the surroundings around it. How to do that and then make a coat of hair from it is something I would be no help with.

Conceptually, I can see how it could be camouflaged and change with it environment as it moves.

The background of my ASAT camo is light tan. I've noticed that the background seems to appear more green when in a green environment. It obviously doesn't change but reflects, to some degree, the colors around it.

Kind of like a more elaborate, wearable version of that mirror blind that reflected the foliage from in front or around it? Gave about 90-95% invisibility to the user behind the panel. Wouldn't work for the Big Guy, though, who probably saw/heard you coming three miles back. And let's face it, BF's like campsites- maybe even prefers them. Light a little campfire, talk, laugh, and......BOOM! Power strike from 30 yards away.

Edited by hiflier

7 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

The background of my ASAT camo is light tan. I've noticed that the background seems to appear more green when in a green environment. It obviously doesn't change but reflects, to some degree, the colors around it.

Making dyes to compete with natural colors is very difficult.

From the ASAT website:

"The pattern took years to develop, with most of the attention paid toward animal vision. The  yellow based tan is the pattern  that reflects all other colors, it is the only color that does this".

We tend to think in human vision concepts. Many animals have 2 cones for color vision.  They perceive red and orange-red as part of a 'grey scale'. We wear hunter orange and they see us but we are big blobs of grey in statue mode. Nature has done well with camo patterns. I always like to bring up 'Bengal & Sumatra tigers --- 'Tony the tiger'.  Zebras are an example of maximum color contrast or if you want to debate 'color',  a zebra has maximum brightness opponency.

We try to hide but when a bird flies overhead and starts squawking, we are finished for that particular location.

Edited by Catmandoo
more text

• gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone done an analysis on the atomic structure of the hair? For example, ice will have a various degree of transparency at different stages of melting because of the loosening of the rigid crystalline structure. I don't know that much about optics and solid state physics but I could look more into this if anyone has any leads on what's going on with the hair and light. The oil secretion hypothesis sounds plausible and you can try this for yourself: get a piece of paper really greasy and watch it basically disappear (ice has a stage in melting at some point where this happens as well). The only thing about the polar bear hair comparison that bothers me is that PB's don't seem to have nearly the same depth of camouflage even with similar hair follicles, although the visual complexity of their environment is 1 dimensional - it's white. Moths, butterflies, and similar stationary prey have a complicated camo and/or camo transformations. Octopus and cuttlefish have wildly convincing camo except for one thing, they don't appear transparent. If either of them is in deep camo, it would at best look like a barnacle or coral reef drifting around.

The invisibility of BF cloaking would really have to be in a class of its own. In fact, I would say the cloaking mechanism is a lot closer to something like a house of mirrors than anything transparent. You're not really seeing through BF, you're seeing his environment projected onto his coat.  

Edited by Sengenjin

Interesting topic and presentation. Polar bears also have similar hair, it aids in natural camouflage. One must wonder if this could theoretically provide an explanation of how easily these creatures blend into their environment and virtually disappear when not moving.

"Most sources indicate that the long, coarse guard hairs, which protect the plush thick undercoat, are hollow and transparent. ... The hair of a polar bear looks white because the air spaces in each hair scatter light of all colors."

https://www.loc.gov/everyday-mysteries/zoology/item/is-a-polar-bears-fur-transparent/

5 hours ago, Sengenjin said:

The invisibility of BF cloaking would really have to be in a class of its own. In fact, I would say the cloaking mechanism is a lot closer to something like a house of mirrors than anything transparent. You're not really seeing through BF, you're seeing his environment projected onto his coat.  

A mere 6 years after the PGF:

The enemy has only images and illusions behind which he hides his true motives. Destroy the image and you will break the enemy...

• Upvote 1