Hammock hot camping

norseman

Very unique and the first hammock I've seen designed around a wood stove.  Lots of room within the hammock area. It would be perfect for car/snowmobile/ATV camping.

I do like the options they offer for wood stoves.

Edited by wiiawiwb
  • Like 1

That's pretty slick, but as a side / belly sleeper, I don't think it would work for me.  And I'd never be able to get my dogs in it! 

• Haha 1

This particular set up wouldn't work for me as it is too heavy for my backpacking use.  Also, because it is designed for use in cold weather, that means you're also backpacking heavier and extra gear than you would otherwise have the other three seasons. 

I had a SeekOutside 4-man tipi that I really like liked that was perfect for two people, a stove, wood, and room for equipment. It was an easy setup and light weight. Roughly 5lbs for the tipi setup plus another 2.5lbs for the titanium stove.

SO tipi with stove.jpg

2 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

This particular set up wouldn't work for me as it is too heavy for my backpacking use.  Also, because it is designed for use in cold weather, that means you're also backpacking heavier and extra gear than you would otherwise have the other three seasons. 

I had a SeekOutside 4-man tipi that I really like liked that was perfect for two people, a stove, wood, and room for equipment. It was an easy setup and light weight. Roughly 5lbs for the tipi setup plus another 2.5lbs for the titanium stove.

SO tipi with stove.jpg

Any pics from the inside?

No, I don't and it was sold last year.  A friend of mine I go sasquatching with decided to spend less time in cold-weather adventures. There are times I regret selling it but I didn't lose a penny and can buy it or another of the Seek Outside models to replace it. Probably a smaller one designed for a single person. It was a lot of fun and I would highly their tents. Maybe get a Cimarron which would allow me to save another 1.5lbs.

Every tent configuration has it pros and cons. A tipi is good because it sheds snow and is extremely stormworthy. A downside is there is a far amount of space along the perimeter that typically isn't used. I found its downside became an excellent space to store gear and wood. You can easily reach over to access whatever it is that is being stored.

It's all good!

Edited by wiiawiwb