Cliff Barackman interview

norseman

58 minutes ago, Twist said:

If not for my own suspected encounter I would 100% be on the same side of the fence as Patterson-Gimlin.   Proof of BF is non existent and evidence of BF is subjective and objective at best.   The fact that in the 50+ years since the PGF was filmed we have not produced anything remotely close to it is NOT promising.    Sure, there are claims of better evidence, there are countless stories by people that are 100% confident in what they saw,  there are countless reasons why proof is not able to be validated.  In the end it has added up to nothing tangible.   DNA has added up to nothing tangible.   We believers are on the wrong side of the fight, we are the ones with a burden of proof.  

IB4 we are not trying to prove anything.   :thumbsup: 

I am. And I never once said that we didn’t have the burden of proof. Quite the opposite.

Yes, Norseman is. And so am I, and others, because the burden of proof IS on us. But that's not so much the issue as describing what that burden actually entails. And one either accepts the risks of Bigfoot discovery, or one walks away; talk about the burden and the risks, or do something to deal with them.

Edited by hiflier

5 hours ago, Twist said:

If not for my own suspected encounter I would 100% be on the same side of the fence as Patterson-Gimlin.   Proof of BF is non existent and evidence of BF is subjective and objective at best.   The fact that in the 50+ years since the PGF was filmed we have not produced anything remotely close to it is NOT promising.    Sure, there are claims of better evidence, there are countless stories by people that are 100% confident in what they saw,  there are countless reasons why proof is not able to be validated.  In the end it has added up to nothing tangible.   DNA has added up to nothing tangible.   We believers are on the wrong side of the fight, we are the ones with a burden of proof.  

IB4 we are not trying to prove anything.   :thumbsup: 

Great honest post. Have a trophy 🏆 

Cliff is a natural teacher. He's very good at what he does. Is he infallible? No, of course not. But he's giving solid information in a fast-paced, logically ordered presentation. Kudos to him!

Edited by Madison5716
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Thanks for sharing. Not a good track.  Good story and his background makes it somewhat credible. 

No problem. The hunter thought the tracks were 4-5 days old so I'm assuming they deteriorated a little in that time. He did say he side hilled the mountain in one direction, then down to a closed Forest Service road in the opposite direction and his own tracks were the only ones he found up off the closed road since it had snowed, along with the trackway with the large footprints. He said he had never seen tracks like that before.

2 hours ago, OkieFoot said:

No problem. The hunter thought the tracks were 4-5 days old so I'm assuming they deteriorated a little in that time. He did say he side hilled the mountain in one direction, then down to a closed Forest Service road in the opposite direction and his own tracks were the only ones he found up off the closed road since it had snowed, along with the trackway with the large footprints. He said he had never seen tracks like that before.

Thank you again. That is very compelling. 

Would have loved to see quality photos of the trackway. 

• 3 weeks later...

When a bear hide is preserved with the fur attached, for poor preservation techniques the fur becomes unattached in patches, exactly as his supposed apple picking Bigfoot photo shows.  Furthermore, Bigfoot have thin hair as proven by Melissa Hovey's photo, and not the thick bear like fur as worn by the supposed apple picking Bigfoot.  The supposed head is simply an open faced hood with no ears nor any other details, which is why in this "take", the hoaxer was looking down toward the ground.

Separately, when the 3 full available Silver Star Mountain photos are made available to study, the exposed rocks on the north face of that mountain are exposed.  When then comparing those rock locations with the claimed Barackman and photographers sequence of the photos,  one can easily see that the photographer needed wings in order to jump out into space to one side of where photo #1 was taken, in order for the rock location for photo #2 to be even close to correct.  Which is impossible.  Larry Lund claims at a Ray Crowe meeting years ago, that he loaned the silhouette drawings that were superimposed on these three photos, to the photographer.  Finally, in the photographer's initial concocted story, he claimed that he had to climb through waist deep snow in order to get to the top of the mountain, except the exposed rocks on the north face prove that there was no freshly fallen snow, much less waist deep snow.  As an experienced snowmobiler, climbing up any kind of hill in waist deep snow, is so difficult and time consuming as to take days to climb to the top of Silver Star Mountain, and not something that a human could knock out in a morning.

If Cliff Barackman had also claimed the authenticity of either the Memorial Day footage, the Fourth of July footage, the Biscardi footage or the Todd Standing Bigfoot Running at super human speed footage, then Cliff would have had a trifecta.  But then Bigfoot research remains a learning process, where full and free discussion is necessary in order to arrive at the most probable truth.

Edited by nightlistener
failed to proof read
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, nightlistener said:

Furthermore, Bigfoot have thin hair as proven by Melissa Hovey's photo,

I didn’t downvote you, but I have to ask…

At what point did the Hovey pic become indisputable?  Was it prove. To not be the costume from Clawed?  Honest question.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nightlistener said:

When a bear hide is preserved with the fur attached, for poor preservation techniques the fur becomes unattached in patches, exactly as his supposed apple picking Bigfoot photo shows.  Furthermore, Bigfoot have thin hair as proven by Melissa Hovey's photo, and not the thick bear like fur as worn by the supposed apple picking Bigfoot.........

I'm not familiar with any of the sasquatch photos mentioned, but I am very familiar with a bear's fur, both on live animals and mounts. A bear's fur can and usually does both shed and is rubbed in patches. A bear can emerge from the den in the spring with patches of thin fur, and later in the spring and during summer it might rub himself literally bald in patches. Sometimes these patches might be quite large. Rubbing tends to be on their sides and rumps. Also, on older bears, the fur in the "armpits" and on the belly might be extremely sparse to the point of near baldness. By late fall, just before hibernation, their fur is at their most luxuriant.

Sport bear hunters tend to prefer hunting in the spring, and fall bear harvests tends to be opportunistic during moose, caribou, and deer hunts. Interior Alaska natives prefer hunting black bears immediately after they enter their dens, primarily because they know where the dens are, it's like a grocery store run, and the furs are at their finest. It's a tradition that is almost ritualized among the men, and it's a tradition that goes back thousands of years.

Melissa Hovey. Wow, that name takes me back thru the years, here on BFF. She was once a member.

I still don't believe her.

On 12/2/2021 at 11:36 AM, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Thanks for sharing. Nice guy, but midtarsal breaks can be a human trait. 

Yes... some humans do have this trait, although it is rare.

As many as 1 in 13 people may be walking around with a midtarsal break in their foot characteristic of non-human primates, according to a study in in the American Journal of Physical Anthropology .

https://www.popsci.com/science/article/2013-05/some-people-are-still-running-around-bendy-chimp-feet/

• 2 weeks later...
SSR Team

I'm sure the Hovey pic was confirmed to be of a suit no ?

Can't remember which suit now but i'm pretty sure it was confirmed to be from one, from a movie or the like.

The movie is called Clawed. Don't think it was confirmed. 

I read somewhere that Bill Munns knew the type of fake fur used. 

BFF Patron
1 hour ago, BobbyO said:

I'm sure the Hovey pic was confirmed to be of a suit no ?

Can't remember which suit now but i'm pretty sure it was confirmed to be from one, from a movie or the like.

I remember that one, pretty sure that was laid to rest right here on BFF.

It was most definitely a suit and some big bruha about copyright issues/ownership of the photo rights. 

BFF Patron

Clawed movie discussion