Would Sasquatch Discovery Impact Revenues?

hiflier

3 hours ago, hiflier said:

.......Would the chances of encountering the Sasquatch be greater than, equal to, or less than encountering a bear? Dr. Meldrum estimated that there was one Sasquatch for every ten bears..........

No way. There are almost a million black bears in North America. That would put the sasquatch population at 80,000-100,000.

Sorry. There's no way that many are out there.

A former BFF participant that I had a lot of respect fir (Roger Knights) estimated one sasquatch per 200 black bears. That's more acceptable.

And I'm inclined to agree with you. A few years ago he estimated his Idaho population at just sixty. His current statement would place the figure at nearly six times that. If that was the case we'd be crawling with Sasquatches. Even saying 40-50,000 might be a stretch although how would one know? Would ANYONE know? I firmly think that the answer to that question is "yes." Because thinking that people who SHOULD know DON'T know doesn't fit the picture one bit.

Edited by hiflier

Here's a statement that might wake folks up: Between natural disasters like drought, floods, wildfires etc., and unnatural elements like Human intrusion for resource harvesting, I wouldn't doubt that at least 6-8 Sasquatches a year in North America need to be neutralized in some fashion. In other words, removed from an area- alive or otherwise

Edited by hiflier

24 minutes ago, hiflier said:

.......Even saying 40-50,000 might be a stretch although how would one know? Would ANYONE know?.......

Wildlife biologists estimate populations using hunter harvest reports and tag sales. They know the number of hunters in the field, and they know harvest numbers. It's not much different than extrapolating sasquatch population estimates from the number of sasquatch sighting reports.

........Because thinking that people who SHOULD know DON'T know doesn't fit the picture one bit.

They're simply not gathering the data and working the numbers. It's official ignore-ance. 

6 minutes ago, Huntster said:

They're simply not gathering the data and working the numbers. It's official ignore-ance.

Couldn't disagree more on that, and that's where we're not understanding the true situation. In effect, if everything is taken into account, the ignorance is apparently ours.

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

.......if everything is taken into account, the ignorance is apparently ours.

Who's "we"? 

There are numerous private organizations and individuals looking into the phenomenon, and not a single official organization doing so.

2 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Who's "we"? 

There are numerous private organizations and individuals looking into the phenomenon, and not a single official organization doing so.

And you know this how? What I'm saying is that an official organization ISN'T "looking into the phenomenon." Because they already know about it and it makes not one lick of sense to think otherwise. WE are the ones who refuse to accept it and so the onus of ignorance is ours. People need to wake up to the idea that government is fully cognizant of these creatures and that it is us who are way behind. We blame non-discovery on the wiliness of this creature, the same creature who crosses roads and shows itself to Humans. And yet not one shred of hard physical evidence in.....how many years? We have been outsmarted by apparent government non-interest, pure and simple. What we can't seem to comprehend is the truth of it. Government isn't ignoring this creature by a long shot. It is us who are ignoring government as the chief stakeholder in the game.

This isn't making excuses for why discovery hasn't happened, this is telling you why it hasn't happened. No one is going to be shooting this creature. NAWAC has seriously been at it to do just that for over twelve years! Does anyone honestly think that the government and state agencies don't know about NAWAC? That borders on the ridiculous. Or worse, hold to the idea that the government is going to just let NAWAC or anyone else take one down "for science?" I think not.

20 minutes ago, hiflier said:

And you know this how? What I'm saying is that an official organization ISN'T "looking into the phenomenon." Because they already know about it and it makes not one lick of sense to think otherwise. WE are the ones who refuse to accept it and so the onus of ignorance is ours. People need to wake up to the idea that government is fully cognizant of these creatures and that it is us who are way behind........

So your position is that officialdom, from Abkhasia to China and Siberia, and from Alaska to Florida, and including wildlife and habitat managers down to the individual unit management, and including academia is fully aware of the existence of these creatures, and they are conducting field research into them? And because of all that, and our own ignorance of that reality, that we are somehow to blame? They're doing everything right, and we're doing everything wrong?

.......We blame non-discovery on the wiliness of this creature, the same creature who crosses roads and shows itself to Humans. And yet not one shred of hard physical evidence in.....how many years? We have been outsmarted by apparent government non-interest, pure and simple.......

Well, in the case of the average Chinese citizen, yeah, that's par for the course. It turns out that's the case for Canadians and Americans, too, but it wasn't originally set up to be that way.

........What we can't seem to comprehend is the truth of it. Government isn't ignoring this creature by a long shot. It is us who are ignoring government as the chief stakeholder in the game.........

I think it's an official ignore-ance, and lower levels of government are put off just like the public. Officially blowing something off is different than official knowledge at the upper levels, where it is intended to stay.

........This isn't making excuses for why discovery hasn't happened, this is telling you why it hasn't happened. No one is going to be shooting this creature. NAWAC has seriously been at it to do just that for over twelve years! Does anyone honestly think that the government and state agencies don't know about NAWAC? That borders on the ridiculous. Or worse, hold to the idea that the government is going to just let NAWAC or anyone else take one down "for science?" I think not.

We already have reports of these creatures being shot and either left, or not pursued after being shot. I'm not positive of government's determination to keep these creatures mythical, so if a well thought out plan to bring a carcass into the limelight is carried out well...........

Well something is going on.

We have at the very least a list of 21 supposedly extinct species of Hominids (and this number is growing) from across the old world. We have discovered the Coelacanth a living fossil…. And no one wants to go look for extant fellow species of Homonids? And if you do your a kook? If you have no tenure as a scientist? Your black balled?

When science isn’t up to doing sciency things? It’s suspicious for sure. Who is pulling the strings and why? Who has the power to pull the strings? 

31 minutes ago, Huntster said:

So your position is that officialdom, from Abkhasia to China and Siberia, and from Alaska to Florida, and including wildlife and habitat managers down to the individual unit management, and including academia is fully aware of the existence of these creatures, and they are conducting field research into them? And because of all that, and our own ignorance of that reality, that we are somehow to blame? They're doing everything right, and we're doing everything wrong?

Taking the argument to such an all encompassing extreme is very much over the top. What other countries do and academia as a whole, and even wildlife managers as a whole do not need to be part of the equation. But typically as the US goes so does Canada. Sharing such a long wildlife border would have certain redundancies as far as wildlife laws and policies go. The whole BF management thing wouldn't have to be a mega machine. But there have been enough retired whistleblowers in both forestry and LE to say that there is knowledge as well as policy. Would it take much more? To have most everyone get that mavericks would be dealt with? Even here, on this Forum, with the lowly researcher there is fear centered around raising one's head even in the way of having a dialogue with F&W. How do you think it must be WITHIN those agencies?

44 minutes ago, Huntster said:

I think it's an official ignore-ance, and lower levels of government are put off just like the public. Officially blowing something off is different than official knowledge at the upper levels, where it is intended to stay

I'm not saying anything different, but I'm not sure know what lower levels you are alluding to.

47 minutes ago, Huntster said:

We already have reports of these creatures being shot and either left, or not pursued after being shot. I'm not positive of government's determination to keep these creatures mythical, so if a well thought out plan to bring a carcass into the limelight is carried out well...........

Yes there are some reports, but not in this millennium? What, you mean Smeja? A well thought out plan? You mean to shoot one? 6-7 years ago I used to think it was possible, but I have serious doubts today. A spur of the moment shot would actually be someone's nightmare. And that could very well be BEFORE it gets loaded onto a truck. I still say it's will never happen in today's climate with regard to both wildlife surveillance as well as Human surveillance. Things have changed drastically in just the last five years. StarLink is up and the net, for all intents and purposes, is now closed, or soon to be. Satellite monitoring of animals as well as Humans is a reality. And black vehicles pretty much out of nowhere take Sasquatches quickly away. It's over. No one is going to be getting a body out of the woods.

25 minutes ago, norseman said:

When science isn’t up to doing sciency things? It’s suspicious for sure.

And there's a ton of trace evidence to support at least scientific interest. And the blackout doesn't just involve a small corner of science either, it's nearly every zoological department across the continent. I would love to read the memorandum fro the US office of Science and Technology that may have been sent to deans and department chairs saying hands off if funding is at all important to any of them. They don't even have to know, or even just believe, the creature is real or not They just need to be told to stay away from the crackpot study of cryptids if they want their money. Holding back tenure is a mark on the forehead telling the rest to play ball or else. Dr. Meldrum has done well, but if anyone knows the risks he does. He saw it in Krantz and Bindernagel and knows that the pressure has been around for a long time. PLUS he knows that government knows and has said so. This isn't just me, all I've been doing is clarifying the picture by adding a layer of today's incredible surveillance technology into the mix, starting with the NEON facilities.

So I have to ask, is stopping people from proving Sasquatch existence really such a big deal? I would have to say yes, it apparently is. As a last thought, degraded Human DNA may not show a novel primate, but even highly degraded DNA can show a different Human. If the Sasquatch is indeed a different Human, it should show up in Human DNA that has only been degraded over a few months, as in NOT 40,000 years. This also plugs into the Sasquatch non-discovery picture. As I said, everything has to fit and make sense. And so much of this doesn't.

4 hours ago, hiflier said:

Taking the argument to such an all encompassing extreme is very much over the top. What other countries do and academia as a whole, and even wildlife managers as a whole do not need to be part of the equation........

Sure it does! If other countries are in the know and conducting research in secret, that is one thing. But academia doing so? No way, even overseas. 

The whole BF management thing wouldn't have to be a mega machine........

It is destined to be, especially if they are determined to be human.

.......But there have been enough retired whistleblowers in both forestry and LE to say that there is knowledge as well as policy. Would it take much more?......

We know that some lower level wildlife and habitat managers are in the know, but they don't direct policy. We also know that a former Assistant Secretary of the Interior for Fish Wildlife and Parks and later Secretary of the Interior was personally involved in the best sasquatch hunt and filming in history. Coincidence? I don't know.

.......I'm not sure know what lower levels you are alluding to........

Forest rangers. Wildlife biologists. USFS timber cruisers. People on the ground and in the field.

.......Yes there are some reports, but not in this millennium? What, you mean Smeja? A well thought out plan? You mean to shoot one? 6-7 years ago I used to think it was possible, but I have serious doubts today........

I disagree. I would be difficult, but it's possible, especially for an organized group.

13 minutes ago, Huntster said:

I disagree. I would be difficult, but it's possible, especially for an organized group.

I really do doubt that shooting one would be possible. Not particularly because of government, although that deterrent is a strong candidate, but more because of the innate talents of the creature itself. But if a trained group (does NAWAC qualify?) went in and on the extreme outside chance did shoot one? Publicly, it would always be a bear.

3 hours ago, hiflier said:

I really do doubt that shooting one would be possible. Not particularly because of government, although that deterrent is a strong candidate, but more because of the innate talents of the creature itself. But if a trained group (does NAWAC qualify?) went in and on the extreme outside chance did shoot one? Publicly, it would always be a bear.

Talents!??

Albert Ostman put a round over the head of the “old lady” as he made his escape.

At Ape Canyon they shot one but couldn’t retrieve the body and were later attacked at their cabin where more lead flew.

Bauman shot at one that invaded their camp at night.

Bob Gimlin covered Patty with his 06 as she was spooked outta the crick bottom.

The Canadian moose hunter who killed one and left it.

NAWAC have shot at two. In one of the cases with FLIR.

Justin Smeja supposedly killed two.

Yuchi supposedly shot one while involved with the Gulf Coast guys.

There are numerous old old accounts (pre 1900) of shootings and battle with these creatures.

(I’m definitely missing other stories)

And I will add that anyone who pointed a camera at one of these things could have just as easily pointed a rifle at it instead. Paul Freeman, etc….

How many sightings reports are there? More missed opportunities! Thousands?

In the aggregate? The problem isn’t the creature’s supposed innate talents. Albeit it isn’t as simple as walking out in the woods to look for a deer. The problem in these stories is they are in no way of the mindset to COLLECT the specimen. With maybe a few exceptions that were probably have hearted at best. And most of these people did not go out looking for Sasquatch. They were trappers, miners, hunters, etc.

This is assuming any of these stories are true.

The creatures talents are simply it’s exceedingly rare, lives in some of the roughest, most dense topography, seems mostly nocturnal and is smarter than a bear.

But DUMB enough to visit a trappers camp day after day and play with the embers in a smoldering fire while the trapper hid and observed it after getting curious as to what was visiting camp over and over again. Or dumb enough to step on a nail board at snelgrove lake. Or run out in front of a logging truck and narrowly avoiding being hit. Or running around in the median of I82 by Yakima, Wa. like it’s hair is on fire with hundreds of cars whizzing by and honking their horns….

No. The opportunities have presented themselves on numerous occasions. We humans have simply failed to close the deal. 

One tiny bone in the pinkie finger of a Denisovan proved the species real. Just one.

As for black helicopters and conspiracy, well…. We have to keep trying.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1