How to hunt

18 minutes ago, wiiawiwb said:

Can you show us an example of a suit worn by someone in the water that does not weigh down the person?

A dry suit could be worn in cold water and not weigh that person down. Not just that but they are bulky.

10 hours ago, MagniAesir said:

No disrespect to Bill, but that was 35 year old technology.

There are plenty of synthetic materials that will not absorb water.

On my tablet that video isn't clear enough to even call it fur, let alone a natural material

I had a set of waders fill up on me one time fishing. It was like being drug by a parachute. Luckily there was a sand bar in the middle of the river that saved me. That’s where my mind went with wearing a big furry costume in a river.

The synthetic material would have to be waterproof as well. As to not let water pass through it.

Its possible it’s just some guy in a dry suit. Doesn’t make sense that someone would freak out and film it. Unless it’s hoaxing.

So .. back to the video.   Simply inconclusive.    The first part certainly looks like a bear to me.   It's doing kinda what bears do when trying to catch salmon.   There's even a protrusion, briefly, that appears to be a snout on the left front part.    Toward the end, it takes on the aspects of a biped, first leaning against rocks, then fully upright.    Knee bend seems too exaggerated and in the wrong spot for a bear.   

I would not offer it as evidence for anything.  What it shows or doesn't show doesn't matter.   The video is just not good enough to convince anyone who isn't already convinced.  

MIB

What strikes me is WHY somebody would hoax a river video, with all of the attendant problems and issues already mentioned, when doing it on dry land would give them a perfectly acceptable approximation of any number of probable BF videos? That doesn't indicate "hoax" to me, and even puts the probabilities of authenticity up a notch.  Still, yeah, not something that blows your boots off here. If it is hoaxed, they risked a drowning for no real return. 

On 12/8/2021 at 8:54 AM, norseman said:

I had a set of waders fill up on me one time fishing. It was like being drug by a parachute. Luckily there was a sand bar in the middle of the river that saved me. That’s where my mind went with wearing a big furry costume in a river.

The synthetic material would have to be waterproof as well. As to not let water pass through it.

Its possible it’s just some guy in a dry suit. Doesn’t make sense that someone would freak out and film it. Unless it’s hoaxing.

No

You have various options depending on how cold the water was and your tolerance to cold.

Have you seen plastic material that looks like grass?

I have seen material similar to that, that was dark coloured.

When my one daughter was in dance a few years ago. The girl had a vest made out of it and I remember whispering to my wife "poor girl, they are making her wear astroturf"

Something like that or made with a burlap style synthetic material wouldn't soak up any water

6 minutes ago, MagniAesir said:

No

You have various options depending on how cold the water was and your tolerance to cold.

Have you seen plastic material that looks like grass?

I have seen material similar to that, that was dark coloured.

When my one daughter was in dance a few years ago. The girl had a vest made out of it and I remember whispering to my wife "poor girl, they are making her wear astroturf"

Something like that or made with a burlap style synthetic material wouldn't soak up any water

But it would still trap water between it and your body. When you stood up out of the water you would look like a giant leaky diaper butt.

Here is a wedding dress that’s open on the bottom drowning a woman. Not exactly the same scenario. But it’s a risk. Heavy clothes are not good in a situation you may become submerged in. And in shallow water one would think you just need to stand up right? Well with a swift current it’s a lot harder than it sounds!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3082975/Bride-drowns-trash-dress-stunt-goes-wrong.html

The vest I saw would not trap any water i don't think

It was virtually weightless.

I wish that i had a sample of it to video a short demo with it.

On 12/8/2021 at 3:00 AM, wiiawiwb said:

Can you show us an example of a suit worn by someone in the water that does not weigh down the person?

Anything neoprene will have a positive bouancy 

On 12/8/2021 at 5:07 AM, wiiawiwb said:

Yes, for sure, but I'm wondering about a fur suit worn that would not weigh someone down when wet.

On my 15 inch screen, I cannot determin that what is being shown has a fur suit.

Even if it was an animal with fur you would see trapped water in the fur being released.

I don't know what you guys are seeing in that video that is compelling in any way.

Feel free to post an un-enhanced blown up version that shows that the subject of this video is covered in fur