TOP TEN BIGFOOT BOOKS

Daniel Perez

Looks like a great list! I have a few of those, but need the rest. Can't have too many books! Thanks for posting this.

Good list.   Thanks for sharing it.   There are a couple on there I haven't read yet.  

I offer a list of 4 to people who are new to the interest.   If I had to clear my shelves, these would also be the ones I keep.  Some people will find some controversial ... my intent is to start people out understanding that there are many perspectives.   As I've said many times, 'til we know what is, we don't know what isn't.   We need a broad perspective.    My list overlaps yours partially.

1) Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science - Jeff Meldrum

2) Abominable Snowmen: Legend Come To Life - Ivan Sanderson

3) Enoch - Autumn Williams

4) The Locals - Thom Powell

After .. some years .. of being fairly absorbed by the topic I find that other books don't add anything I don't find in those 4.   Yep, more repetitions, but truly the same content, just over and over and over, nothing new that generates an "ah-hah" moment that I otherwise missed.    How many instances of bigfoot crossing the road do you need to realize sometimes bigfoot crosses a road?    Do I need to read every single "crossing the road" instance or do I just need to pay attention while reading ONE?   And so on.   The only thing additional readings offer to me is locations.  From those I can derive patterns and maybe identify locations with a better than average probability of a repeat.  

... my twisted view on the subject anyway.   :)

While it's not on my short list, Barbara Wassum's book is particularly interesting because one of her contributors, Jack Woodruff, interviewed a bunch of people I knew about through other .. paths.   Folks my grandfathers on both sides knew.    I knew of some of the reports through the Bigfoot Bulletin before reading Barbara's book.    I'm sure you know she wrote another book as Barbara Butler.   I have a copy of an unfinished manuscript of a 3rd book she was working on which I got from her daughter.     Anyway, I'm happy to see you mention her.   Most don't.

One other, for the enthusiast, especially Oregon / Washington, is "In the Spirit of Seatco" by Henry Franzoni.   Some seems off the deep end but his maps and his place names analysis is pretty good.    He observed that reports concentrate in late summer / early fall .. say late August to early-mid September.   That is precisely what I observe in "my" area.    If you're not in the woods looking at that time, you might as well take up golf instead of bigfooting.

MIB

• Upvote 1

On 2/7/2022 at 7:08 AM, MIB said:

3) Enoch - Autumn Williams

I would definitely say that this book is very different than the other bigfoot books I have read. 

Can't disagree with #1 but I would like to add these additional four titles to the list:

Abominable Snowmen: Legend Come To Life - Ivan Sanderson

Where Bigfoot Walks: Crossing the Dark Divide - Robert Michael Pyle

Big Footprints - Grover Krantz

The Bigfoot Casebook - Janet & Colin Bord

Neanderthal: The Strange Saga of the Minnesota Iceman - Bernard Heuvelmans

• Upvote 1

Can't disagree with #1 but I would like to add these additional four titles to the list:

Abominable Snowmen: Legend Come To Life - Ivan Sanderson

Where Bigfoot Walks: Crossing the Dark Divide - Robert Michael Pyle

Big Footprints - Grover Krantz

The Bigfoot Casebook - Janet & Colin Bord

Neanderthal: The Strange Saga of the Minnesota Iceman - Bernard Heuvelmans

I would add to the list:
Oregon Bigfoot Highway by Cliff Olson and Joe Beelart. 

Great book, lots of historical info with maps and marked for GPS. I found it very compelling. Especially when the authors deal with the USFS. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Great list! Not read half of the ten listed so will have fun trying to track them down. Re-read Sanderson's book again recently. It's simply fantastic!

BFF Patron
On 2/6/2022 at 8:42 AM, Daniel Perez said:

I own and have read four or five of the ten, recommend those highly.  Never heard of the Historical Bigfoot, at a thousand pages that booger should be released on CD.   RE: @MIB s list I have read and own two of the four and highly recommend those.  One that is missing from everybodies list to date that worked for me and @joebeelartis Robert Morgan's down to Earth,  Bigfoot Field Observers Manual , timeless, cogent and produces research results quickly when recommendations are applied with patience and resolve.  @joebeelarts Oregon Bigfoot Highway sets another standard as well.  I would be remiss not to endorse anything by Thom Powell.  I enjoyed his Shady Neighbors and lived the plot before publication, though described as fiction it is based on a conflation of many bits of true incidents.  Also The Locals kept me going in times of stress, duress, disbelief and questioning.  

Edited by bipedalist
  • Upvote 1

BFF Patron
8 minutes ago, bipedalist said:

duplicate post?

Edited by bipedalist