Anything POSITIVE about Sasquatch?

Tylo

BFF Patron

Everything about my lifetime of outdoor experience has been very positive in regard to Bigfeet's. Having experienced almost everything that can be attributed to Bigfeet's, other than a point-blank sighting. They have been very accommodating and perhaps afraid of me, every time I advance on them, I guess they run away. 🤔

So, for me Bigfeet's all good in my book!    

I certainly agree with the outdoors benefits. 

My youngest daughter who resides in the PNW goes out regularly with other believers, camps and searches for evidence. 

I myself take my granddaughter hiking, fishing and camping. I use her fascination to look and she does howls and tree knocks. 

It works out great, no video games. 

Other family members also believe they have had encounters. Keeping them interested. 

Of course I don't believe in the creatures, but would never discourage the searches. Too many benefits for looking. 

Also if they exist(not likely) I agree with Huntster would welcome an encounter alone in the dark forest. Since I am never truly alone if you know what I mean. 

• Thanks 1

I've been able to dust off my winter camping skills and experiences. I limit myself to 20 degrees for overnights, however, which seems to be a good cutoff which helps keep the joy in my morning coffee.

Edited by hiflier

Patterson-Gimlin:  Seems like your daughter is having lots of fun!  I am always really pleased when the young ones learn about nature.  I hope you get your Alone In The Dark Forest encounter!  I think more people need to have encounters so this topic becomes less of a joke.

hiflier:  20°?  Hope it also isn't damp, makes it so much worse!

Thanks, Tylo, no not really outside of normal condensation inside a truck cap. Several disposable hand warmer packs tucked into the bottom of the bag and all is hunky dory. You learn a few things :) And I wish I could say I found all these beautiful footprints in the snow this season but I haven't......yet.

I believe anything that makes you wonder and engage in analytical thought is a positive thing. If these creatures have existed for this long and not provided "indisputable proof," then hats off to them and their kind. I do not think a North American Primate of some sort is impossible. Greater credence has been awarded to less deserving pursuits.

They certainly have a thing or two to teach us about living in this world, again a positive thing.

They are wilderness creatures and should be approached and respected as such. There is always a certain amount of danger involved with wild animals. More so with this creature because we have much to learn about it. As we do, we will also learn about how much most of us have lost our ways of communicating with the natural world. What used to be instinctual has been suppressed by this modern world and its "advantages." More positive.

The more violent an experience the more attention the media gives it. Evidently it is what many people want to hear because it sells.

I don't like to dwell too long and hard on what kind of an experience I might have with these creatures. It will make me crazy!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Annie Nore:  So you had an event, too?  Have you written about it?  It's true, it really stretches your brain, especially if you've had some type of Sasquatch related event. They do inspire wonder but there can also be some fear.  I have a really strong respect for them.  I was a kid in the 70s and if I recall correctly Bigfoot was popular in the early/mid 70s then became standard tabloid fodder.  The 70's also had a lot of UFO stuff.  As a kid, I never thought it was impossible, never scoffed at people for relating their stories.  Now we know UFOs are real and I'm sure Sasquatch exist.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2022 at 10:12 PM, Tylo said:

Curious to know if anyone has any positive thoughts regarding Sasquatch?  They certainly draw people into the outdoors for exercise, create mental gymnastics to keep the brain limber, can be like a fun game/fantasy for some people.  If you've seen them or experienced them in some way it DOES make you think the world is not as it seems, it expands your thinking.  Is there something clearly positive or no?

Yes, here’s one for you, Tylo. I was listening to Bigfoot podcasts, whatever I can find on Google. Found on iheart.com,

Bigfoot Eyewitness Episode 319, “The Sas — Saved My Life.” Not as much hands-on action as the title implies, but very interesting nonetheless. Won’t tell anymore, read to find out! Would like to know what you, and anyone else, thinks about it.

Before having my initial bigfoot experience in 2012 led me to want to get into the woods, I grew up doing a lot of car camping with my family and loved it, but my plantar fasciitis said no at that time to much "boots on the ground" exploring. After finding prints again in 2018, I decided to get my butt in gear and GET OUT THERE, and I did. Teaming up with NorthWind has been a blessing and I've done woodsy things I never could have imagined since then. Actually FINDING sasquatch and their stuff has opened my mind to a lot of things. I'm insanely curious about them, but I love being outdoors just as much. Except for my broken wrist, it's all been positive for me.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Madison5716:  Great to know you are having fun doing research!  I hope you discover new things to help humans know more about Sasquatch, you and NorthWind are pretty tenacious!

Wolfjewel:  Thanks!  I will try to find it and give it a listen!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Wolfjewel said:

Bigfoot Eyewitness Episode 319, “The Sas — Saved My Life.” Not as much hands-on action as the title implies, but very interesting nonetheless. Won’t tell anymore, read to find out! Would like to know what you, and anyone else, thinks about it.

@Wolfjewel - it was an interesting story! Guy is definitely fortunate to be here.

I am very new to this forum, so I haven't mentioned anything of my "experiences" yet. They were all the same and not anywhere near as fascinating as yours and others in this group.

I grew up in the country between a city and a town. It was not in the deep woods and there were other properties and people not far away. We lived on a five-acre property that had a railroad track running along the back line. As a teenager, I often used this railroad track for a shortcut when walking to and from a friend's house. This track ran through a thick brush area and then a wooded area before I reached our back line. From our back line I had a clear view of our house through a field. I have a fear of bears due to an up-close experience when I was about six years old, so I often hummed, sang, or whistled when walking the railroad track at night.

On my way home I would sometimes hear steps in the brush. I would stop and they would stop. They would begin shortly after I started walking again. Thinking it was a bear, I would increase my volume and keep walking until I got to our property line. I always thought if they heard me coming or if I was louder they would leave me alone.  I never thought of the possibility of a Bigfoot until I was much older and thought back on those nights after reading about similar experiences.

Hunters have told me that a bear will often choose the easiest route and does not make much noise unless running. The brush area was fairly tall and thick and, if this is true, a bear would probably use the track. I have seen and heard deer and it did not sound like deer.  Will a deer stop when I stop and start when I start? Do bear? A few times I thought I heard a whistle. I would stop and not hear it again so thought I probably imagined it. I would hear a single note and not another. The first time I heard a whistle I thought it might have been a person. I even yelled at my friend's older brother thinking it might be him. With the brush being so thick and the track being elevated some feet, I couldn't imagine anyone going down and walking through there to prank someone and then never show themselves. Someone would have to walk a way through brush either side of the track to do so, too, or on the track and be seen. I would hear a few steps or two or a stick break now and then as if being stepped on. Funny thing was it did not make a lot of brush movement that I could hear like an animal rambling through the brush might make. This would happen off and on over a four-year period until I moved away. This took place in the western end of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. 

If this happened only once or twice then I wouldn't think much of it. The stopping when I stopped and waiting for me to walk a bit before starting again is what I find strange. This would happen off and on over about a four-year period until I moved away. I thought nothing about a possible Bigfoot so never looked for signs. 

That was the extent of my "not sure" experiences. 

Edited by Annie Nore
repetition
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Annie Nore:  On this end after reading what you wrote, I understand completely.  Alone at night.  Similarity in the land, residential/wooded areas (I also have the farm land connection.) I would be thinking the same as you.  I didn't have cable or internet while in WI, I didn't know Bigfoot was a thing.  If I had known, I would have been communicating with people earlier.  I would have paid far more attention to what was going on in my yard in WI.  Also, I didn't have the internet until a couple of years after returned to MO, many things happened before I read/heard/learned about classic behaviors and signs when I got online.  I wasn't happy about it, it became very serious very fast for me.  Not really an amusing subject for me.  The subject evokes many different feelings for me, sometimes conflicting.

I don't know how I would react if I had been shadowed/flanked as I walked my usual route, I would be frightened if I heard whistles in the dark.  I brought up the topic of out-of-place sounds, I'm sure I haven't written about all of them.  It's weird enough as it is, tried to get enough nerve to inquire.

I can also say that the CLARITY of recollection of these events is something that is not typical for me.  I've tried to figure out why there is such clarity for these memories in comparison to other memories and I can't figure it out, it bothers me a bit.

This is why I truly want the people on this forum to have a sighting or experience classic behaviors, see the tree manipulation/signs and I also wish for everyone to experience the weird stuff.  It would put an end to much of the skepticism.  You don't know until it happens to you.  A lot involved with this.

• Like 3

Annie Nore:  Actually had to log in yet again to comment about doubt.  In my case I had wondered about some of the things I had read/heard online about Sasquatch. In my head questions.  It seems like those questions were answered, yeah some people will laugh. One small strange event would turn into four events (seemingly to demonstrate the same skill.)  Small upright sticks in the yard turned into a fully bent candy cane shaped tree or a large asterisk/sunburst appeared.  It was kind of like, "So, you silly human, did you not notice this?  No?  Then we'll do this, certainly you'll notice."  Everything started with doubting my vision/hearing or actually having tangible items moved around and wondering if this is normal or not. Actually standing there, looking at something and trying to rationalize. Over and over and over again. The doubting came to me because people (online) said I should doubt it.  If it really happens, it happens.  Yes, not everything is Sasquatch activity.  I know this very well.  However, certain things seem to be linked to this subject and it really happens.  When it happens to you, you know.  Be careful with the doubting and continue to analyze. I know what is atypical here.  I suggest keeping a log, photographing/recording everything that gives you pause.

• Like 1