Would Sasquatch Discovery Impact Sighting Reports?

hiflier

2 hours ago, Foxhill said:

Not at all, you seem to be ignoring the history of the flora and fauna destruction of the continental US the past 200-300 years. The suggestion that a giant monkey man survived this to current times or retreated and then repopulated those areas undetected is absurd, but fun to talk about. 

virgin forest.gif

Ive seen this map before and I don’t think it’s absurd. The map is misleading. And I don’t even agree with the term “virgin forest”. Native Americans logged and burned the forest as well as natural fires. The forests were constantly in a state of flux and rebirth before Europeans stepped off the boats. 

• Upvote 1

When and were is the best hunting for many different animals in Oregon? If left alone to do what it does naturally, 1 to 15 year old wildfire scene. We have a mountain close to my home known as Bald Mountain because there were no trees on it we the Europeans came here due to the Siletz Indians burning it to keep a rich hunting ground producing. Now it is managed to keep a rich fir tree ground producing.

I'm really on the fence on how much protection does the sasquatch need from us and for me, once the mystery is gone, as was said before, it becomes another known creature in the woods and I would rank it in with cougars , since I have seen neither and have had encounters with both and seen their sign left behind. I also agree that sighting reports both old and knew would increase for a while.

22 minutes ago, Doug said:

I'm really on the fence on how much protection does the sasquatch need from us and for me, once the mystery is gone, as was said before, it becomes another known creature in the woods and I would rank it in with cougars....

It is much more than that. Otherwise, what would have been the harm for the public to know about it a long time ago. I've said before that ALL elements of the subject need to make logical sense when plugged into the picture. As a yet-to-be-recognized creature? Well, that doesn't fit the puzzle at all. I do get what you are saying but it doesn't seem to align with the current situation, especially as it's always being called a myth by those who write mainstream articles for newspapers and magazines.

3 minutes ago, hiflier said:

It is much more than that. Otherwise, what would have been the harm for the public to know about it a long time ago. I've said before that ALL elements of the subject need to make logical sense when plugged into the picture. As a yet-to-be-recognized creature? Well, that doesn't fit the puzzle at all. I do get what you are saying but it doesn't seem to align with the current situation, especially as it's always being called a myth by those who write mainstream articles for newspapers and magazines.

I was speaking purely personally here. For me, the mystery is the draw. I don't belong to any cougar forums or black bear forums. Although sasquatches would remain interesting to me, as do cougars, bears and bison, it would be not enough to be active in forums and such. I think my main interest would be to see photos and watch a documentary that had video of a real verified sasquatch like I would for tigers, apes, whales and such, because for me they would be just another super cool unique forest creature.