Your Thinking-OUt-Of-The-Box Idea for Interaction?

Tylo

If you had the funds, do you have a Thinking-Out-Of-The-Box idea for interaction? I think it would be really interesting to place a super-size touch monitor with options to hear/see different types of musical/dance performances in a known area for interaction.  I read here and there that people will play a flute, use a drum to see if it grabs their interest.  Yes, BoBo and Cliff did their musical thing on the show, I don't think they got a reaction.  Interested to know if they would choose something or ignore all. (Yes, we all know they seem to avoid electronic  devices.   I've also read they don't like video but audio may be acceptable to them.)  Possibly non-musical videos of other parts of the planet: underwater films, the pyramids, Olympic ice skaters, Paris, animals unknown in their area, roller coaster POVs, etc.  Completely leave them alone with a giant touch screen.

I think they live around areas with people, they hear our language and music, impossible to avoid.

Doug:  Yes, something like that.  Something they can activate just by a touch, interactive.  Only to see if it would draw one or two in.  I know Searching for Bigfoot did all kinds of experiments, even bringing in Girl Scouts (I think.)  Are they creative beings?  Do they get bored?  Are they satisfied with what they know of the world, how much do they know?  

Maybe a bigfoot "busy board" type of thing. Stuff that has to be used with hands. Peg board with pegs that can be arranged in a pattern. Large shoe laces going through eye bolts. Buttons to push. A mirror. Something that makes a novel sound. Something that can be braided. Something that smells interesting. Something that lights up (a cheapo dollar store battery powered light switch comes to mind) Appeal to the senses. I have seen Scott Carpenter leave out painted bar magnets. I would find those very interesting if I were a bigfoot. Have fun!

I am of the age that "Lite Brite" was a toy when I was really young...this is basically a light box with a black peg board on the front of it. You could attach a piece of black paper with a pre-printed picture on it to the black peg board and then "punch out" the pictures by putting colored plastic pieces (the size and shape of little christmas tree lights) into the commensurate spaces. You would then plug it in and you would end up with a glowing lighted up replica of the picture you attached to the peg board. By the time the toy was handed down to me there weren't very many of the little plastic pieces left and all of the black pre-printed pictures were used up, but I still had a blast playing with it. I recently saw somewhere a battery powered "Lite Brite" with extra large colored plastic pieces. Not sure how one would make it happen but that would be a really fun thing to leave in the woods for the sasquatch people to play with, whether lighted or not. Probably they would cart off the pieces....but even that would be interesting!

• Upvote 1

There was an apparent "hot spot" on the mountain behind where I lived.   I fussed around with a number of ideas.    I wanted something obviously arranged and obvious to identify if it'd been handled and mis-arranged.    This was the only place I ever tried gifting.    Along with the "gift" I wrote my name in broken sticks and took a picture of it.    I hadn't begun using trail cams in those days.    Nothing happened for a number of days, then the sticks got stirred a little and the gift (apples from a nearby abandoned orchard, not store apples) got somewhat mauled.    From the tooth marks i'd say mostly rodents.   Bummer.   

• Upvote 1

MIB:  I've considered using sticks because I've come across sticks on the ground that may have been arranged, triangle shapes?  I leave things alone until the grass becomes too high, then I apologize out loud and move the sticks when I mow.  It is easy to think critters disturb sticks/rocks. They step on all kinds of things here, especially the deer.  I seem to have clumsy deer here.

DrPSH:  I LOVE LiteBrite, was my favorite toy!  Something on a larger scale might be appropriate for a Sasquatch.  Sometimes I think about the size of their hands so I scale up but the young ones should have much smaller hands!

NorthWind:  You make me think of the brightly colored wooden blocks!  Very good ideas! 

I think touch screen technology could be used in a controlled environment.  I know Crayola has created some really interesting toys nowadays.  I was given a Crayola light board, would make special markers glow.  But it's small and I doubt the markers exist anymore.  That could be left outside turned on, it lights up.  The only thing that has been suggested to me by researchers as a form of communication is the paper/writing instrument experiment.  I really don't know how I would react if something was marked.  I may buy a glow-in-the-dark frisbee and leave it out in the yard and see what happens.  I also almost always have the radio playing, I wonder if they hear it? (To be honest, I would get bored with flutes/recorders and drums being played at me.)

44 minutes ago, Tylo said:

(To be honest, I would get bored with flutes/recorders and drums being played at me.)

I've played recordings of Native American flute music, and gotten knocks. I figured maybe they yearn for "the good old days when NA people would play their music. It's got to be better than Justin Beiber or Snoop Dog. :D

• Like 1

NorthWind:  Had to sign back in for your comment!  I am not disparaging the idea of playing any instruments for them.  Since I've thought about this for at least seven years, I've often thought that they are around people enough to know the music we hear, they've got to hear it out of houses and cars, we used to have a radio outside.  Do they want to hear more?  I'm glad you got a reaction!  Poor things hear a lot of old Elton John and Fleetwood Mac from me! 

NorthWind:  I DO look for hairs or prints.  I have bad eyesight so I always stick my nose right on top of things for extreme ZOOM.  Hairs here so far are raccoon or from the cattle.  I do really look at things, though.  If I did find a hair, I would get out gloves, ziploc, and tweezers!  LOL!

• Upvote 1