From a trip last October

Nmcryptidchasr

Hello all I was in the mountains this past October and ran across what I believe is a track.

I walked past this certain area not 15 minutes prior and nothing was there. I had stopped to eat and drink some water and heard what sounded like footfalls in the area and upon walking back found this.

the picture depicts what looks like a bare footprint. I took a second picture with my boot by it (11) for size but that one wouldn’t load but I do have it.

I was hesitant about posting this but this is not the first encounter I’ve had in this particular area and wanted some other peoples insight on this.

thank you in advance.

9FD8694B-AB3A-41DE-96AA-592429DEDF4F.jpeg

• Upvote 2

welcome to the forum, glad your looking around out there.
so this is purely my opinion. i do teach tracking classes though so there's experience behind my opinion here. 

first, it looks like an old boot or tire print thats been smoothed by time and weather, the edges are really hard edges, there's no roundness that i can see

second, anything that would have stepped in that water would have also pushed that leaf into the substrate, it does have some dirt on it but its dried out. the substrate also has a lift in the shape of a V just by the leaf that wouldnt be left behind by something walking through  that day. 

those are my quick take aways on the image. keep your eyes peeled, never know what you'll find out there.

• Upvote 1

When I first looked at this, I could see an old tire track and what may be the left foot of "something"   I'm no tracker and have no experience in tracking.  That being said, what Skinwalker13 pointed out made perfect sense once looking at the track.   Boy am I glad people with experience can break things down simply.    I'm sure there is a lot more to what he can see in this picture, but the way he explained it helped me understand.  Just saying.   Thanks! 

11 hours ago, Skinwalker13 said:

welcome to the forum, glad your looking around out there.
so this is purely my opinion. i do teach tracking classes though so there's experience behind my opinion here. 

first, it looks like an old boot or tire print thats been smoothed by time and weather, the edges are really hard edges, there's no roundness that i can see

second, anything that would have stepped in that water would have also pushed that leaf into the substrate, it does have some dirt on it but its dried out. the substrate also has a lift in the shape of a V just by the leaf that wouldnt be left behind by something walking through  that day. 

those are my quick take aways on the image. keep your eyes peeled, never know what you'll find out there.

Thank you for your time and explanation that helps to clear it up a lot more and makes sense of it all.

• Thanks 1

On 2/26/2022 at 12:14 PM, Nmcryptidchasr said:

Thank you for your time and explanation that helps to clear it up a lot more and makes sense of it all.

not a problem, glad i could help out a little.