Suspected bigfoot sounds and large primates

Alileelei

Just wondering if anyone knows of any experiments where suspected bigfoot sounds/calls were played for any large primates (and/or other wild animals/potential prey) and their reactions/responses recorded/noted. 

could possibly be an interesting experiment!

42 minutes ago, Alileelei said:

Just wondering if anyone knows of any experiments where suspected bigfoot sounds/calls were played for any large primates (and/or other wild animals/potential prey) and their reactions/responses recorded/noted. 

Interesting thought for sure. 

Lots of folks use call blasting - I'm sure you could google it or look on YouTube. I'm not interested in it, though. Who knows what the sasquatch was saying when it was recorded.

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Alileelei said:

This would certainly be an interesting experiment. I'm unaware of any documentation regarding such and experiment, but I would love to see the reactions of great apes such as gorillas or especially orangutans.

Similar vocalization response studies have been conducted with known great apes, so the premise for such an experiment seems scientifically sound.

The function of loud calls (Hoot Series) in wild western gorillas (Gorilla gorilla)

Roberta Salmi et al. Am J Phys Anthropol. 2014 Nov

"The use of loud vocal signals to reduce distance among separated social partners is well documented in many species; however, the underlying mechanisms by which the reduction of spacing occurs and how they differ across species remain unclear."

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25059429/

7 hours ago, Madison5716 said:

Lots of folks use call blasting - I'm sure you could google it or look on YouTube. I'm not interested in it, though. Who knows what the sasquatch was saying when it was recorded.

I agree with your viewpoint on call blasting while researching. My thought was to see how other species react. I’d be curious more specifically how great apes like gorillas or chimps would think about the Sierra sounds/“samurai talk”.

3 hours ago, Hoekler73 said:

This would certainly be an interesting experiment. I'm unaware of any documentation regarding such and experiment, but I would love to see the reactions of great apes such as gorillas or especially orangutans.

Similar vocalization response studies have been conducted with known great apes, so the premise for such an experiment seems scientifically sound.

The function of loud calls (Hoot Series) in wild western gorillas (Gorilla gorilla)

Roberta Salmi et al. Am J Phys Anthropol. 2014 Nov

"The use of loud vocal signals to reduce distance among separated social partners is well documented in many species; however, the underlying mechanisms by which the reduction of spacing occurs and how they differ across species remain unclear."

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25059429/

Interesting!! Thanks so much for sharing this!